Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board ●Newcomers please check out pinned threads before posting●
●Account trading / request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight● !!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!
***** A lot of contribution goes to Saurus, he's created the best Elemental Lord guide there is *****
Saleana (same gear)
Fire-Elestra (same gear)
Fire Elestra Build:
Why no frost wind?
-I've been asked this so many times, but I don't understand why would you even want frost wind? As a fire-elestra, you already have freezing sword EX that will cover 10x the area of frost wind, have more delay, and do more damage.
-At the same time, instead of blinking+frost wind, now you can blink+flame spark to add to your DPS even more.
Pure Saleana Build:
Why spend so much points just for Freezing Field?
-It has the longest and highest ice resist debuff (33% for 6 seconds at level 1)
How you can do more than an Elestra-Ice stacking?
Saleana combo in this order: Freezing Field + Blink towards and Flame Spark + Glacial Wave + Fire-Bird + Glacial Spike + Blink backwards + Rolling Lava Ball + Flame Vortex
Salestra common combo: Ice Barrier + Freezing Sword EX + Blink towards and Flame Spark +Glacial Wave + Fire Bird + Ice Sphere + Glacial Spike + Blink backwards (stay close enough for ice barrier to freeze, but far enough for vortex to hit) + Flame Vortex.
-Salestra can easily do massive damage with that combo, however if you can land the Saleana combo correctly and position yourself, you can do more than a Salaestra.
(Key components: Having high enough glacial wave freeze duration so that Flame Vortex in the end benefits from it at the last strike AND make sure your lava ball EXPLODES on your intended target)
What can INT stacking do?
How to tank Sea Dragon
-This is a full SDN duo run, but I think it still shows a good example of how to tank Sea Dragon rotation breath
-Refer to 25:30 (best example) , 28:05. and 33 minutes in the video where I tank the breath.
How to tank rotating breath
1) The first most important thing is getting the Sea Dragon's Aggro. If you don't have the aggro, it won't follow you, hence you won't be tanking it and saving your team. High DPS is needed, you cannot escape this requirement.
2) ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! Have Flame Road skill ready to use. This is a must skill on order to tank sea dragon properly. When the screen blurs you should BLINK towards first, then use flame road to further advance to his stomach. You will definitely take a few hits, but you won't take the full blow and tank it.
Requirements for tanking:
1) DPS: This is important, since you don't have provoke, having DPS will allow you to draw the dragon's aggro. If however, the party that is attacking Sea Dragon behind draws aggro, the team must stop and allow the Elemental Lord to attack and gain aggro again
2) I recommend having at least 120k+ HP (As you can see, the freezing ice skill does 110k flat) In order to be a GOOD tank, you should be prepared to take the hit if your partner fails (in the video Chryses was unable to save me). If you can survive it, you will need someone to heal you to recover
a) Refer to 37:35 where Chryses is unable to break the ice, but because of my HP i can survive it. I told him to stop and be ready to help me after I take the hit.
After much testing between a pure fire Saleana build and a Fire-Elestra, I have chosen a pure fire Saleana to be the best.
1) Pure fire Saleana build:
-Confused? I've given it so much thought and wanted to choose Fire-Elestra, however, I found out that a pure fire Saleana can even surpass all of the Elestra's ice stacking.
-There are 2 conditions:
Condition 1: Use the Saleana combo (FF, Blink+Spark in, Glacial Wave, Fire-Bird, Glacial Spike, Blink out, Rolling lava, and finish with Vortex
Condition 2: Timing. Glacial wave freeze duration is key here to maximizing your damage. The build that I currently posted barely meets the requirement of the "Saleana Combo" I may need a glacial wave duration. Timing also refers to your skill usage, don't spam!
2) Fire-Elestra: This build is by far the most versatile build I can make. I don't have to worry really about landing the "perfect" combo with all the ice stacking I can do great damage, have the best defensive skill (freezing sword EX), and boost party overall DPS at will.
a) The time that I feel fire-elestra will surpass a Saleana is in 8-man raids where they can boost the entire party's DPS, however, you only need 1 ice-stacker. If someone is willing to or can stack ice for you, Saleana will do way way way more damage than you can ever imagine.
Simply put it this way:
1) Choose Saleana for PVE and group PVP
2) Choose Salestra for PVP 1v1. However, if you cannot add in an Elestra in 8-man raids, Salestra is key and would obviously be much better than Saleana. As for me, finding an elestra is easy and I can easily take advantage of all their ice-stacking.
-Quick and easy summary: 9.7k magic attack + 1300 Final Damage + 73% fire + 44% water (60% is possible but I won't waste my time trying to repot weapons) + 10k crit.
-If you need the exact break-down of equipment, suffix, and plates, PM me.
[ The post was edited by PokeKai at Jun 1, 2012 11:36 pm ]
FD is the 1 path that I didn't want to venture as it feels so costly... but recently decided I might do so for Koin..
Somehow.. switching the whole totem set for 50S or 50L feels even more costly and heart-wrenching, especially the enhancement part..
Koinzell - Lv 60 Max FD Merc (just changed to Gladiator)
GigaVolt (ギガ一ボルト) - Lv 60 DPS / Support Inquisitor Hybrid (Name got replaced after server merge, i.e. if you see a GigaVolt in CDN, it's not me.. currently inactive still using lvl 50 gear :P)
StarDance - Lv 60 Max FD Spirit Dancer
Quote: Originally Posted by 200.*.*.74 at Dec 25, 2011 11:59 am
1 Million dmg with fireball or gtfo..
BadDog Is still awesome.. he's my idol.
But if you proove that u can do more..
IMA SUCK YOUR DICK ~!
Don't forget BadDog did that with full ice stacking + hemorrage/heavy hammer + various buffs.
@Barndoors: I really don't have a precise number because I spend a little here and there throughout the whole 2 years that I've played DNCN. Yeah, most won't achieve 1300 FD, but at least now you can see how much it can do versus Sea Dragon Items.
@Leciel: Yeah, I did kind of question why you didn't go FD. I can understand for your inquistor magic attack is much better because of the healing, but idk about your barb. I felt like totem set was much easier to obtain back when it first came out instead of SDN and I absolutely love the Suffix. Though now 40S and 50S can get suffix it did kind of make me think. You are right though, it is costly, however, I think enhancing SDN can be just as costly if you don't farm SDN weekly and get things yourself.
-50S....? Hm...that's going to be a while before I get any of that...and it will probably cost even more to enhance compared to 40S or 40L...I know i'll be using this set and build for a long long time. If there happens to be a new set like ArchBishop with FD set effect I'd probably go for that instead of the dragon sets.
-Also, I'm sure Leciel can probably be just as imba or even more than I if he didn't split his earnings/spendings on his barb + inquistor together ^_^.
@Baddog comment: I don't know if it's true, but I think I have the same or even more attack than BadDog. So if I can get a perfect party in GDN I'll definitely show you my damage. Like Tarkel said, he had many buffs.
1) SM- 42% damage up
2) Freeze- 50% or more depending on how many freeze is stacked
3) Pally- with maxed aura (I haven't utilized this since my main paladin guild mate- Megido, doesn't have this maxed)
4) Priest- 20-30% attack buff
[ The post was edited by PokeKai at Dec 25, 2011 2:16 pm ]