Thou shall not Escape – EL PVP Guide von Sakasen steht unter einer Creative Commons Namensnennung-Nicht-kommerziell-Weitergabe unter gleichen Bedingungen 3.0 Unported Lizenz.
Added to MMOsite Build Collection :)
After looking through some EL Guides i thought, theres so much damage potential you leave out by grabing only ice or firebuild, thinking you should set your priority in decent combos. Some people might already know me from my Force User Guide, i got an EL as alternative Character, so dont be too harsh if theres anything wrong. After the recent patch in which EL is granted an nearly greaticeshield, but this has been neved, my build doesnt rely on that fact you need to use your iceshield in order to get your combos. I think the slow from the ice is a Key element in PVP, so i maxed out that Tree.
*NOTICE: This refers to Dragon Nest Sea – but you can use the additional SP on other versions on skills, that you want to improve.
Im not going to explain all Skills, just the Ones who are worth to be mentioned.
Glacial Spike – High Freeze Chance, short CD, short Casting, long Range, notice to only use at short range since the travel time is so long, not maxed since the freezeeffect and not the damage is wanted.
Poison Missile – Used to keep the Enemy down. Leaved at level 1 due lack of sp.
Charged Missile – Since EL lack ranged skills, i prefer to get this skill, if you hit you can cast immediatly void Blast to knock your enemy down, but its quite hard to hit. For skilled PVP player only i guess.
Airkick – Why not Airkick? I dont believe i ever needed Airkick with my EL in PVP, since many skills having a knock up effects like iceshards or firewall. I think its not usefull, but its your preference.
Elemental Lord Tree:
– A Gamemaking Skill if you know how to use it, use it when you waiting for CD at long ranged, dont use that at short range. With a bit Aimtraining you get like 80% Hitchance since the Hitbox is large.
– Nice amount of Superarmor while casting, throws your enemies standing nearby up in the air, great for setting your next combos.
– Some people wont get this far, since they dont believe that its usefull at all. I think the other Way around, since EL lack mobility and doesnt got so many ranged Skills, you get that in order to stay near you enemy and glacial wave him right afterwards.
– Great Damage, shines with the EX skill. Can be easily chained with Frozen Spikes. Since this is one for your main skills, get a Plate for it!
– Im not sure how long it takes till the Superarmor is going to be nerfed, but i still recommend to max out this Skill, since 50% Damagereduction is amazing. Take a Plate for That! Due Sp-Lack LvL 6. If you don't like this Skill grab Fireshield instead(Colo rules)
– Used right after Glacial Wave in order to get your icestacking slow on your Enemy. Great Damage, but not maxed due lack of sp.
– In my Opinion this is the Best Skill of EL, the freezeduration can me increased by leveling up and with a skill palte. Leaved at Level 8, since the steps from that on will only be 0.3 sec instead of 0.5 sec.
– One of the scariest Skill for Enemies, it slows you so much down, you will only have around 40% Movement Speed.
Phoenix Storm alias Angry Bird
- After some suggestions i decided it have to be in this build, since the cast time is quite short, dealing a good amoutn of damage when the enemy is frozen, also will make it able to take ignite. Notice this has the highest chance of burning your enemy.
- Ignites enemies in burnstatus, dealing a high amount of damage. A hit fireball will mostly cause burnstatus, making this ability for a nice chain of damage before the enemy can counter.
Combos and Openings:
Im Not very experienced in that, but i know some decent Combos you can pull off. I would be glad if you would tell me more about that.
Glacial Spike + Flame Spark + Freezing Field
You using the first two Skills as flinch, aiming Glacial Spike to the right side of your Enemy and Flame Spark to the left Side, making him dodge, that he cannot avoid Freezing Field, which slows your Enemy quite well.
Shockwave + Freezing Field
Due the Long Time to again your Balance after Shockwave, Freezing Field has a great Hitchance.
Strong combo 1
Flame Rod + Glacial Wave + Chilling Mist + Shatter
Flame Rod makes your Enemy unable to move, also using up all the Blockstatus that Clerics might have. Notice some class can counter you with Flamerod, so be aware. After they are unable to move due the Fire Damage, immediatly freeze them with Glacial Wave, so they will be defenseless agianst Chilling Mist and Shatter.
Waiting for Cooldowns(Mostly against Melee):
Fireball + Flame Spark
While using Fireball at the distance, they mostly move to the back to make it harder to hit, but you can take your time to aim at then, notice this requires aimtraining in order to hit, also noticing you have to aim higher how further your enemy is.
Firewall + Frozen Spikes + Icy Shards
Firewall grants you a nice amount of SA, knocking enemies to the air. You can combo then right afterwards, using Frozen Spikes at short ranged, when they aerial evade, you just using icyshards in ex mode to hit them again. Before reaching Cap 50, you might consider to use it the other Way around.
Crests and Equip:
i would suggest:
- Glacial Wave– 20% Duration
- Shatter – 20% Damage
- Chilling Mist – 20% Damage
- Icy Shards – 20% Damage
i would suggest(PVP!):
For Suffix i suggest:
- Magician Plate – Magicdamage
- Wise Plate – Int
- Fatal Plate – Crit
- Wind Plate – Agi
- Life Vitality – max HP
- Vitality – Vit
- Shining Plate – Phy. Def
- Ultimate Plate – Final Damage
Both Weapons - Intellect
Upper Body+Lower Body - Intellect
Gloves and Shoes – Iron Wall
Tiara/Hairstyle - Tent
For Armor i suggest:
INT+Magicdmg / Iceattk+Fireattk
Magicdmg / Iceattk + INT + AGI + (MAX HP)
Playstyle against each Class
This is the Quint of what youll need to learn to win, you playstyle against the other classes and their openings, this differences the Good Player from the Bad Ones.
There are two Types of SM – the one type immediatly rush in, the other Type try to initiate mostly with moonlight splitter and then goes to melee, in this case keep an eye at him to see the moonlight splitter comes, mostly they wont engage after failing this one. After the recent patch they mostly running while waiting for Cooldowns and for your Mana to run out. Just activate you Shield if they run towards you, otherwise deactivate it, take care of Rage and Moonlight Splitter, because these are the openings of them. Try to take advantage of their running in order to use your fireball, with a bit calculation you're able to hit them. Also, Hot Rod it great on them too if used right, since you are a bit faster than they are. Beware of their ability to escape from beeing froezn, you might consider to burn them first for that case.
Easiest Class to fight in my Opinion, untill he gets the chance to fight you close combat. The Distance Spells are mostly punishing swing and bombs away, but they are quite easy to dodge if you keep an eye of them, the key to win is to freeze him at close ranged, since mercenaries rely on close combat to hit you. The Answer against Iron Skin is Glacial Wave, Since it still freeze him and they run straight into you. Notice Firewall is a great option to hit him
: Quite difficult Class in my opinion to fight with. This Class has really much hp in addition also has heal and block, making it hard to get him down. Paladin mostly using Shield Charge, Paralyze Bolt and Charitable Zap to initiate, the last one is hard to avoid, but the other ones are easy to dodge. The Bind and Shocking State is not good for you, try to prevent that in order to cast your combos. I guess keep your distance and waiting for cooldowns is the key to win here, i think the skills of Paladin are easy to dodge.
: This is quite tricky to fight with, as agressive play will resume into beeing electroshocked all the time, since he spams his sticks all the time. The Key is here is hit him as hard as you can with your full Combo and keep the distance than in order to not getted shocked, since this is the key damage from priest. Also these Sticks are really painfull, just keep away from them and dont try to destroy them. Notice he runs towards you if his combo is ready, try to interrupt his first spell, so he goes back again.
: In my Opinion the hardest Class to fight against, can jump 2 Times, Bind you and deal heavy damage with melee combo, making it nearly impossible to escape from that. The Answer against his Bind is Fireball, when he goes close range Fire Wall is a good option. Notice you need to hit them after a dodge animation, otherwise you skill won't him him.
: You need to be agressive in order to get near them and fullfill your combo, since the range skills of bowmaster are stronger than yours. Notice agressive Gameplay doesnt mean you just running at him and spamming your skills like an idiot, it means, you need to stay as near as you can by the Bowmaster and still be able to dodge hsi attacks. The Key here is to stick at him, and attack him right after a dodge.
A very interesting Fight, notice the Key here is to Glacial Wave him first and keep him slowed, your first full combo will declare who wins. Also notice while Glacial Wave on cooldowm, Iceskills>Fireskills, the slow is superior in that terms.
You really want to know how you beat my main? I guess you have to evade timestop, thats the key to win, this class doesnt have much superarmor, take advantage of that. For more Information, just look at my Force User PVP Guide.
I Hoped you liked that Guide, Comment and Suggestions are welcome!