Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Barndoors's Gearmaster PvP and PvE guide.

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Barndoors's Gearmaster PvP and PvE guide.

Jan 26, 2012 8:25 am
Hello there , I love your guide and here's a question does all the tower , duck is based on magic attack?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 26, 2012 1:19 pm
Quote: Originally Posted by 60.*.*.198 at Jan 26, 2012 8:25 amHello there , I love your guide and here's a question does all the tower , duck is based on magic attack?     

They're all based on Physical Attack.

For an Engineer (Gearmasters and Shooting Stars), there is no need to increase magic damage as all skills work off physical.

However, I should mention that some skills actually benefit from elemental damage.  Ice tower is actually ice damage so it will be boosted if you have any ice dmg % potentials.

Gravity Grenade is dark damage.  Napalm Grenade is fire.  Mecha Shock is light damage.
I don't recommend going out of your way to boost these though, since they're only 1 skill in the entire skill set that uses a particular element, unlike Elemental Lords and Force Users that can boost an entire skill tree with a single element.

[ The post was edited by Barndoors at Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm ]

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 27, 2012 3:27 pm
    Thx for your reply and i have few more question to ask and I am from DN SEA . I did find some guide regarding about PvP build for Gear Master and most of the guide are most likely max ice tower too ! . And I like to PvP which require more skill in order to combo perfectly just like how Mercenary combo with their skills Ex : Dash Combo , Rising Slash , Cyclone , Circle Swing and so on . Sorry to say that most of your Video are depending on tower ( imo ) to find an opportunity to make a combo perfectly . And I would like to make Academic ( Gear Master ) as my new main ! . So here are the link which only use ducks and much more skill required to do combo ! And In my opinion I think Tower are more to PvE due to their auto attack , skills . While others skill such as Gravity Bomb , Stun Grenade and others that able to combo well is more on PvP due to CC and other usage to combo well . I don't wish other player in the game said that Gear Master are the only class which depend on Tower to win the duel , dost not require any skill to win the fight . So I really need your opinion.

[url]http://dn.mmosite.com/news/12092011/gear_master_vs_tempest_with_no_robot_no_turret.shtml[/url] <----( Link for the Gear Master with no turret and robot pvp video)

Jan 27, 2012 5:07 pm
    towers are useful for both. Pvp and Pve
    And the skills with short cd's such as gravity grenade doesn't increase too much the dmg dealt

Jan 27, 2012 8:40 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by 210.*.*.97 at Jan 27, 2012 3:27 pmThx for your reply and i have few more question to ask and I am from DN SEA . I did find some guide regarding about PvP build for Gear Master and most of the guide are most likely max ice tower too ! . And I like to PvP which require more skill  in order to combo perfectly just like how Mercenary combo with their skills Ex : Dash Combo , Rising Slash , Cyclone , Circle Swing and so on  . Sorry to say that most of your Video are depending on tower ( imo ) to find an opportunity to make a combo perfectly . And I would like to make Academic ( Gear Master ) as my new main ! . So here are the link which only use ducks and much more skill required to do combo ! And In my opinion I think Tower are more to PvE due to their auto attack , skills . While others skill such as Gravity Bomb , Stun Grenade and others that able to combo well is more on PvP due to CC and other usage to combo well . I don't wish other player in the game said that Gear Master are the only class which depend on Tower to win the duel , dost not require any skill to win the fight . So I really need your opinion.

http://dn.mmosite.com/news/12092011/gear_master_vs_tempest_with_no_robot_no_turret.shtml <----( Link for the Gear Master with no turret and robot pvp video)     
    When I play balanced mode 1v1, I do not use towers or robot either, they do too much damage in balanced mode and the slow effect on the ice tower makes a lot of people whine and leave.  When I have time, I'll make some videos of it too.

Playing in ladder without towers is practically suicide.  Against classes like Elementalists with shields on, there is next to no chance that you will be able to do any significant damage to them as they cannot be knocked down.

Signature

Jan 31, 2012 10:20 am
    lol, barn... show me how to pvp an acrobat w/ no summons in arena.

heck. if u tumble out of the chaintumble-> spiral kick , the ringshot/kickshot will get you.
    o_o i guess i'll stick to ladder, haha

Signature

Feb 2, 2012 3:34 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by Suzu-chan at Jan 31, 2012 10:20 amlol, barn... show me how to pvp an acrobat w/ no summons in arena.

heck. if u tumble out of the chaintumble-> spiral kick , the ringshot/kickshot will get you.
    o_o i guess i'll stick to ladder, haha     

Use wax and gravity grenade as ways to 'block' the Acro from closing in on you.  Grav grenade in particular is really damn good at breaking superarmor, Tempests can still run through it with kick shot EX but as soon as they stop, they're gonna get sucked into it.

Look for an opening when they're not using a heavy SA skill or if they're not doing anything and let them eat a stun grenade.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2012 12:18 pm
      Hi Barn Barn~
      Do you ever run out of mp in ladder?
      <3
      Thanks!

Feb 8, 2012 12:39 pm
      Does Engineer have any skill that can break EL's shield?
      I always get raped when EL turn on her shield.. =_=;;

Feb 8, 2012 12:55 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by Quarki at Feb 8, 2012 12:18 pm
      Hi Barn Barn~
      Do you ever run out of mp in ladder?
      <3
      Thanks!     

I do sometimes run out of MP when against Guardians and Salena/Elestras that have maxed shields who run around a lot.  I've just crafted a mana suffix helmet, it should get rid of the mana problems.

Signature

Feb 8, 2012 1:01 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by PolarPanda at Feb 8, 2012 12:39 pm
      Does Engineer have any skill that can break EL's shield?

The only thing that can break it is gravity grenade and they need to get hit by it a few times before they'll get 'flinched', which is pretty hard since they can just walk out of it.

The main strategy against them is generally to just kite them around and let the summons do the work.  Use wax to make them slip and hopefully your ice tower will get some ice on them to slow them.  Also craft a 'knight' suffix on a weapon and trigger the slow with some triple shots.  I personally hate playing this like but unfortunately, that shield is way too overpowered and this is the only way we can beat an ele that uses shields :(.

Signature

Feb 8, 2012 4:07 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Feb 8, 2012 1:01 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by PolarPanda at Feb 8, 2012 12:39 pmDoes Engineer have any skill that can break EL's shield?

The only thing that can break it is gravity grenade and they need to get hit by it a few times before they'll get 'flinched', which is pretty hard since they can just walk out of it.

The main strategy against them is generally to just kite them around and let the summons do the work.  Use wax to make them slip and hopefully your ice tower will get some ice on them to slow them.  Also craft a 'knight' suffix on a weapon and trigger the slow with some triple shots.  I personally hate playing this like but unfortunately, that shield is way too overpowered and this is the only way we can beat an ele that uses shields :(.     
      I see..
      I have a question, does the same suffix on main and offhand weapon stack (like Life on armor)?

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2012 4:18 pm
        Reply 31#  PolarPanda

Yes it does.  Although for us, there's no suffix really worth stacking and putting on both weapons.

Signature

Feb 9, 2012 10:40 pm
        Hey barn, does a lvl 12 Ping Pong Bomb w/out EX does more damage than a lvl 10 Gravity Grenade?

Feb 9, 2012 11:38 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Kulahnator at Feb 9, 2012 10:40 pm
        Hey barn, does a lvl 12 Ping Pong Bomb w/out EX does more damage than a lvl 10 Gravity Grenade?     
        I believe Ping Pong Bomb Ex does more overall DPS than Gravity Grenade lv10.

Read this here.

Signature

Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Feb 9, 2012 11:38 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Kulahnator at Feb 9, 2012 10:40 pmHey barn, does a lvl 12 Ping Pong Bomb w/out EX does more damage than a lvl 10 Gravity Grenade?     
        I believe Ping Pong Bomb Ex does more overall DPS than Gravity Grenade lv10.

Read this here.     
        Thanks. I'll just max out my ping pong bomb to lvl 12 but im going to choose Gear Master.

Feb 21, 2012 3:34 am
        The guide has received a major update!  Check it out.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 21, 2012 5:08 am

can i get the link to the china skill stimulator you used?
          thanks.

Feb 21, 2012 5:37 am
          Reply 37#  115.*.*.185

http://dn.duowan.com/2zmnq_unlock/?Lo|0$0$0&ifr=gearmaster_unlock.html

Signature

Feb 21, 2012 7:08 am
          Hi again =D
          Under time acceleration, what order of skills should I do to maximize dps? does it differ in pve and in group pvp?

That invincibility frame looks really cool.. but i doubt i can utilize it because of the lag especially in group pvp >,<

Quick Reply:Barndoors's Gearmaster PvP and PvE guide.

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »