Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Suffix Effect - recent changes

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Future Contents
|| Black Dragon Preview ||

Suffix Effect - recent changes

Nov 17, 2011 11:14 pm
Suffix effect has been tweaked and changed silently in recent patch. All of these are not even mentioned in the update note and found by ingame testing by Freedom and other chinese players.

i have mentioned it afew times in the guild channel but anyway, i think it would be good to put it here. Since suffix reset will come soon, i believe this will help others choose the best suffix on your gears.

Armor Suffix
1. % chance of trigger and the suffix effect for items of similar suffix are stackable. (sum of individual parts) .

2. each part no longer trigger independantly. Once the suffix triggers, the effect will be the total sum of the effect from all armor parts (of similar suffix) on you

3. the cooldown for all parts with similar suffix are shared. The effect will not be activated until all the armor parts have finished cooling down.

4. for armor suffix which gives a buff that last for a certain duration, the effect is NOT applied to the first hit that triggers it. The only exception is the "Will" suffix which give additional superarmor. The superarmor is applied at the first hit that triggers it.

Example:
i. Life
If you are wearing 4 parts of life mages armor (shirt, pants, glove, shoe), you will enjoy a total chance of 74.8% (25%+25%+12.4%+12.4% ) chance to heal 6.6% (2.25%*2 + 1.05%*2)of HP every 5 seconds.

note: this make Life suffix is most imba suffix on armor

ii. Intelligent
If you are wearing 4 parts of intel mages armor (shirt, pants, shoe, helm), you will enjoy a total of 74.8% (25%+25%+12.4%+12.4% ) chance to reduce elemental damage by 75% for 6 seconds with a cooldown for 2min 5 sec.

note 1: the cap for elemental damage reduction is tested to be 75% although 4*20% parts in theory give you up to 80%.
note 2: the duration and cooldown follows the longest of the parts.
note 3: the damage for the first hit that trigger the suffix is NOT reduced.

in case you don't realize, this tweak makes intell suffix on armor = rubbish, save some int bonus.

iii. Iron wall
If you are wearing 2 parts of iron wall mages armor (helm, glove), you will enjoy a total of 37.4% (25%+12.4% ) chance to reduce PHYSICAL DAMAGE received by 50% (25%+25%) for 3 seconds with a cooldown for 2min 5 sec.

note: the additional damage bug is fixed by v97 patch. It is normal now.  

Weapon Suffix
1. % chance of trigger and the suffix effect for items of similar suffix are stackable. (sum of individual parts) .The only exception is critical suffix (which nobody uses anyway)

2. each part no longer trigger independantly. Once the suffix triggers, the effect will be the total sum of the effect from all weapon parts (of similar suffix) on you

3. the debuff that is associate with the suffix effect are stackable even if they are applied by other party members in your party.

4. for weapon suffix which gives a debuff that last for a certain duration, the effect is applied to the first hit that triggers it.

i. intelligence
* the stackable 10sec debuff effect make this suffix far superior than magical suffix weapon (for elemental skill user).
* the first hit enjoy the damage amplification due to the debuff make this even more powerful.
* interestingly, you can trigger intel suffix with physical attack too. the additional damage effect is slightly different. if you are using magic skills, xx % additional damage will be applied to your damage. however, you are using phy skills, xx% of your magic attack stats will be applied to your damage

ii. Wind
* this effect currently does not have any effect on the CRIT RESIST of the target instead of reducing it.
* useless in current patch. hope it is fixed in the upcoming update.

Time Acceleration
* time acceleration is proven to reduce the cooldown for weapon and armor suffix. (this is not possible until the most recent patch)

Reference:
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-21393175-1-1.html
http://bbs.duowan.com/viewthread.php?http://dn.duowan.com/1111/186417197566.html

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Nov 27, 2011 11:00 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's

Bookmark and share to your friends

Nov 17, 2011 11:24 pm
Aren't we getting the new suffix though? So aren't those numbers incorrect? Will these changes still apply to the new upcoming suffix armor change?

Signature

TheLoosers Guild: Server: 南方电信一区 Sub- Server: 3服-烈火之灵
Guild Website: http://theloosers.webtribe.it/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DnxKami?feature=mhee
精緻-Level 50 Saleana
ItsKami- Level 50 Inquisitor
DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 17, 2011 11:29 pm
    Reply 1#  PokeKai

suffix II has not effect on the %chance and % effect of armor parts..

suffix II only affect the % chance and % effect of weapons ...

will test and update this thread again when the new update come..

Signature

Nov 17, 2011 11:35 pm
    No, I didn't mean suffix II armor parts, i'm talking about your old thead:

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20111013/DN_CN_20th_Oct_Update_Test_Server_Changes_Srank_Dark_Artifact_Set_Fairy_Tattoo-4e969fc1f11695713-1.html

Won't we get these armor changes soon?

LOL @ the Iron wall...it's like suicide.

Signature

TheLoosers Guild: Server: 南方电信一区 Sub- Server: 3服-烈火之灵
    Guild Website: http://theloosers.webtribe.it/
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DnxKami?feature=mhee
    精緻-Level 50 Saleana
    ItsKami- Level 50 Inquisitor
    DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest
    Nov 17, 2011 11:44 pm
    apparently no...

even DN KR didn't said anything about the changes in armor suffix in the upcoming 24th nov update..

Signature

Nov 18, 2011 3:08 am

No wonder i've been noticing less crits on my destroyer, useless wind gauntlets T_T

When i was using the dark prefix on my sword master i also noticed that it would barely ever trigger on skills and never did i see it work on skills like triple slash, etc, is that also a bug?

[ The post was edited by Ace Of Spades at Nov 18, 2011 3:19 am ]

Nov 18, 2011 3:18 am
    but suffix II int bonus is quite substantial... I'll probably change a int boot to life boots though..

maybe the new patch will stealth change the effects again =_=

Signature

Koinzell - Lv 60 Max FD Merc (just changed to Gladiator)
    GigaVolt (ギガ一ボルト) - Lv 60 DPS / Support Inquisitor Hybrid (Name got replaced after server merge, i.e. if you see a GigaVolt in CDN, it's not me.. currently inactive still using lvl 50 gear :P)
    StarDance - Lv 60 Max FD Spirit Dancer

Barbarian Nest Solo Vids: CLICK HERE
    PVE DPS Barb Skill Build: CLICK HERE
    Inquisitor Nest Solo Vids: CLICK HERE
    Inquisitor DPS / Support Hybrid Build: CLICK HERE
    Spirit Dancer Build:
    CLICK HERE

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 18, 2011 7:12 am
      hm..
      is there an explanation to why my charge shot sometime does 5k crit when supposed to do 50-70k..?
      my longbow is "magic" atm(bought +12 one really cheap), and i kinda think it's glitched somehow(suffix, not bow itself)..

that's really annoying, and kinda kills my already miniscule pvp chances. =\

i wish i could report such bullshit to devs..

Nov 18, 2011 8:07 am
      Reply 7#  perfecti

sounds like it's another one of those stupid bug related to the new suffix =.=

Signature

Nov 18, 2011 9:12 am
      What about elemental prefixes then? Like fire and water ones, i have nv use this prefixes before but soon i'll be going for a pure seleana build and was wondering if Fire prefix was any good?

Having trouble deciding if i should go both intellect on my weapons...or intellect staff and fire on orb. Should i even consider Magic prefix ?

Nov 18, 2011 12:37 pm
      all elemental suffix (fire, ice , etc) and mag suffix are inferior to intell suffix simply because, they only apply the additional dmg for one single hit...

For intel, you get a 10sec debuff (- % elemental resist)..... which benefit not only you, but the whole party who are also hitting the same target.....

imagine how much additional damage you and your party member can enjoy in 10sec...

Signature

Nov 18, 2011 4:40 pm
      Any bugs with the Destructive suffix? Or maybe I should just not add a suffix till this is fixed x.x

Signature

Leraor - lv50 Gear Master

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 19, 2011 2:03 am
        Reply 10#  chaose5

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Guess i'll go full intellect on my weapons then...

Nov 19, 2011 4:16 am
        Can i ask a question,what if we use 4 part LIFE suffix and a helm with INT,what will happen if INT suffix triggerred,will LIFE part will also be on cooldown for 1min15sec ?

Nov 19, 2011 4:27 am
        Reply 13#  113.*.*.162

no... different suffix won't share cooldown...

Signature

Nov 19, 2011 4:41 am
        Oh i see,so that's a bug in DN Sea where everything share cooldown,mana suffix cooldown goes up to 2min15sec [SMILE=23]

Nov 22, 2011 3:24 am
        How many life suffix should I get on my gear?  I know 4 would be great but I would sacrifice at lot of agility if I was to do that.  Being a Academic that has agility potentials, agility and critical enhancement plates, I could lose a lot of damage and crit rating.

That's also assuming I get hit often enough for it to proc.  If I just play better and dodge better, the life suffix would be a little wasted if I put it on all 4 pieces right?

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 22, 2011 4:02 am
          Reply 16#  jermyjunfoxfive

it is really up to you....

no perfect combination....

if you wan maximum attack, then go for agi suffix for armor ...

Signature

Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am
          Wait if TA applies to prefix now then fu can be invisible if they have a full life set giving them god mode :o

Signature

IGN : ☆Applz ][Main] / ⊙Applz⊙
          Class : Majesty / DarkArt
          Level : 50 / 50
          Server: 华中电信二区,4 凌波微步
          Guild : FREEDOM
          Nov 22, 2011 11:29 am
          Wait if TA applies to prefix now then fu can be invisible if they have a full life set giving them god mode :o

Signature

IGN : ☆Applz ][Main] / ⊙Applz⊙
          Class : Majesty / DarkArt
          Level : 50 / 50
          Server: 华中电信二区,4 凌波微步
          Guild : FREEDOM

Quick Reply:Suffix Effect - recent changes

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »