Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Macchi's Optimized Inquisitor Build

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Macchi's Optimized Inquisitor Build

Sep 19, 2011 6:49 pm
Introduction:

Although I am known for being a merc, I am also the proud owner of a priest. For a long time I have struggled with which tertiary job to choose. I strongly believed that Saint was an obvious choice due to their overwhelming DPS and Support abilities. However now the gap has been closed quite a bit.

With the duo-ultimate system, the Inquisitor finally lives up to his role. As with my destroyer build (found here), I have optimized the Inquisitor based on the versatility that the duo-ultimate system gives us.

Section I:
Inquisitor
i)Essential Skills/Skill Chart (duo-ultimate considered)
ii) Explanation of changes.
iii)Controversial Decisions and Justifications
iv) Heraldry

I. Essential Skills/ Skill Chart (duo-ultimate considered)

Cleric

Notable Choices: Heal is not maxed to optimize the SP usage of the Priest class.

Priest

Comments: Explained later in the guide.

Inquisitor

II. Explanation of changes.

The duo-ultimate system takes away some negative things about this class, and gives them two amazing skills.

Inquisitor now has Miracle Hand, and a potent Healing Hand.

Simply put, the duo ultimate system is used to bypass the level 5 requirement of Electronic Detonation and save the player 16 Skill Points, which are invested into a more worthy skill: Healing Hand.

III. Controversial Decisions and Justifications

Why Healing Hand?
I have chosen Healing Hand in build because I feel that healing abilities are what made the Saint superior. By obtaining a more worthy healing skill, I feel that Inquisitors have become a much more efficient support class with the added ability of abusing the shock de-buff. In group pvp this translates into a very versatile and very dangerous killing machine.

However proponents of other game-play styles are free to distribute the skill points wherever they may feel something is lacking.

Why reduce the skill points from Heal?
I feel that Heal is one of those skills with poor growth. If you want a stronger heal skill consider removing the desired skill points from block (not recommended) or getting a Heal plate.

Alternative builds may feature Heal at level one to opt for a more potent block skill.

IV. Heraldry

Inquisitor is a very versatile class with the duo ultimate path. My personal heraldry preference is at follows:

-Miracle Hand Plate (CD)
-Relic of Cure Plate (CD)
-Relic of Heal Plate (CD)
-A damage plate (Electronic Detonation/Lighting Bolt/Holy Bust/Concentration, etc.)

Although this is my personal preference, alternative builds can vary depending on what purpose they were designed for.

Section 1 End.

Return to the list

Signature

Macchi: Level 50 Barbarian

Bookmark and share to your friends

Sep 19, 2011 6:49 pm
Reserved for future changes.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 19, 2011 7:23 pm
    wtf so does this mean i can get divine avatar and no thors hammer and still go crusader?, u're build sure looks like u can do that=-=.... did they give us a skill reset?, i might log bak in to CN to skill reset the ultimate....

Sep 19, 2011 7:25 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by Zerg at Sep 19, 2011 7:23 pm
    wtf so does this mean i can get divine avatar and no thors hammer and still go crusader?, u're build sure looks like u can do that=-=.... did they give us a skill reset?, i might log bak in to CN to skill reset the ultimate....     
    No, what my build shows is that you can get one ultimate to unlock the next.

I was not able to display this due to the Skill Simulator not being completely updated. Basically, once my Priest learns Miracle, he can learn Thunderstorm. By doing this he can continue to pursue the Inquisitor path, without having to get level 5 Electronic Detonation.

I got this idea from the Laser-Majesty concept.

Signature

Sep 19, 2011 7:32 pm
    oh i see i see, i almost got too happy about it, now bak to tight sp for my crusader lolz... i kinna know what to do with my upcoming new pyromancer now XD my ele is lvl 24 in NA now and i am loving it hehe

Sep 19, 2011 7:37 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by Zerg at Sep 19, 2011 7:32 pm
    oh i see i see, i almost got too happy about it, now bak to tight sp for my crusader lolz... i kinna know what to do with my upcoming new pyromancer now XD my ele is lvl 24 in NA now and i am loving it hehe     
    Get off NA lol. That is a boat that is doomed to sink, hopefully with the horrible company that steers it.

Set up Google DNS, and try playing CN (Google DNS helps a LOT).

Anyways, as an extension to my point, this Crusader build would be able to learn Divine Avatar, since Thors Hammer is learnt:

Signature

Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am
    * added to guild collection

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 20, 2011 7:39 am
      Isn't the prerequisite for Lv47 skill needs to have the Heaven's Judgment? just like in Holy Shield it requires Relic of Miracle? or did they change that prereq too? just a thought.

Signature

(cDN) TheLoosers International Guild
      Chryses - Saint
      Chrono - Abyss Walker
      Magnus - Adept
      Chiron - Seleana

Sep 20, 2011 8:38 am
      No, what I have done was get Heavens Judgement through the duo-ulti method (saving 16 SP from Thunderstorm). This build has both ultimate skills.

Using the extra SP left over, I have optimized the priest class category.

This build is designed in a similar method to the Laser-Majesty skill build.

Signature

Sep 20, 2011 3:32 pm

hello macchi,

i liked ur guide [SMILE=3] i was thinking abt same thing when duo update was announced
      but i would like to make few points ...

1. u say ur build is optimized , but wht is ur main aim of the build ?
      its it more pve and sometimes pvp or more pvp with okk support in pve ?
      judging frm the build its looks more pve support build which can do ok in pvp ..

2. why heal at lvl 6 ?
      the justification u gave contradicts itself .. as u say heal has a poor growth and due to lack of points , then why keep it at lvl 6 coz the diff between lvl 3 and lvl 6 is just 1 %
      why waste 9 points for 1 % ?

u cant leave heal at lvl 1 , u need it at 3 as a pre for healing hand
      hence most priest and pala keep it at 3 (dmg based) or at 9 (support based )
      anything between 3 and 9 isnt useful and is a waste of sp , u can use extra sp to raise charge bolt for more dmg or put anywhere else u like .

3 . why bless of light at lvl 7 ?
      at lvl 6 bless of light gives 19 % , at lvl 7 20 %
      1 % for 4 sp isnt worth it. u can put tht 4 sp in healing hand for even better heal.

lastly ,although with duo ultimate gives inquistor miracle hand , but sadly the diff between
      saint and inquistor is still high , coz inq is dmg based (among priest) and saint is support based .
      many inq after update will try to go support and lose dmg but still saint will be best support ingame , but losing dmg inquistors lose thier only advantage over saints.
      Most ppl would still prefer to take saint in party for best support and okk dmg compared to
      support inquistor with less support and lower dmg (lower than dmg based inq)

however in solo category i feel inq are better than saints and will do better in soloing with new update .

just speaking my mind [SMILE=2] , i hope i dnt get bashed or flamed since i m not a registered user [SMILE=6]

Sep 20, 2011 4:33 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by 120.*.*.140 at Sep 20, 2011 3:32 pm
      hello macchi,

i liked ur guide   i was thinking abt same thing when duo update was announced
      but i would like to make few points ...

1. u say ur build is optimized , but wht is ur main aim of the build ?
      its it  more  pve and sometimes pvp   or more pvp with okk support in pve ?
      judging frm the  build its looks more pve support build which can do ok in pvp ..

2. why heal at lvl 6 ?
      the justification u gave  contradicts itself .. as u say heal has a poor growth and due to lack of points , then why keep it at lvl 6  coz the diff between lvl 3 and lvl 6 is just  1 %
      why waste  9 points for 1 % ?

u cant leave heal at lvl 1 , u need it at 3 as a pre  for healing hand
      hence most priest and pala keep it  at 3 (dmg based) or at 9 (support based )
      anything between 3 and 9 isnt useful and is a waste of sp , u can use extra sp to raise charge bolt for more dmg or put anywhere else u like .

3 . why bless of light at lvl 7 ?
      at lvl 6 bless of light gives 19 %  , at lvl 7 20 %
      1 % for 4 sp isnt worth it. u can put tht 4 sp in healing hand for even better heal.

lastly ,although with duo ultimate  gives inquistor miracle hand  , but sadly the diff between  
      saint and inquistor is still high , coz inq is dmg based (among priest) and saint is support based .
      many inq after update will try to go support and lose dmg  but still saint will be best support ingame , but losing dmg inquistors lose thier only advantage over saints.
      Most ppl would  still prefer to take saint in party for best support and okk dmg compared to
      support inquistor with less support  and lower dmg (lower than dmg based inq)

however in solo category i feel inq are better than saints and will do better in soloing with new update .

just speaking my mind   , i hope i dnt get bashed or flamed since i m not a registered user      

1. You hit the nail on the head there. I am not a person interested in PvE or PvP builds. I am only interested in hybrid builds- which is why I stand out a but awkwardly, in both my mercs and cleric builds.

Inquisitor is a class that suits my style of skill-building well, this will be addressed as I answer your other questions.

2. Simply because this is a cookie-cutter build. Since posting this I have refined the build several times, but have not edited the one posted here. Why? Simply because this is meant as a starting point for other players. Not an end within itself.

3.  Same reason as above, but also with the added point that I plan to continue to invest into this skill after the level cap increase, as all important Inq skills are currently light-based.

4. The difference is there yes, but you are mistaken in thinking that Inquisitors lose damage-dealing abilities. Electronic Detonation has long been a waste of SP, and only worthwhile at level one. This build is optimized in the sense that it removes this weakness and makes Inq a more versatile class.

Now, while I agree that Saint has some prominent points that argue to his behalf, I must also note that Inq is now a much more worthwhile choice. Certainly, it is now much more a choice of play-style, rather a choice of usability.

And at least in the sense of a hybrid build, consider PvP, the other side of the coin- in which a hybrid Inq is many times better than a Saint.

Also consider that Inquisitor is now able to stack debuffs with much less fear in comparison to Saint, which makes his shocking abilities much more efficient. Pun intended.

Signature

Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm
      Is it true that relics don't hold agro anymore and can be destroyed? Also is it true that Grand Cross no longer pushes back mobs? Are there any other big changes to priest based classes?

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by 75.*.*.61 at Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm
        Is it true that relics don't hold agro anymore and can be destroyed? Also is it true that Grand Cross no longer pushes back mobs? Are there any other big changes to priest based classes?     
        Relics can be destroyed, however I believe they still hold aggro. Grand Cross never pushed back monsters in my experience.

Signature

Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm
        [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110919/Macchis_Optimized_Inquisitor_Build-4e77f11b03a843413-1.html#p4e7922cc483c73]10#[/url] [i]Macchikins[/i][/b] [br] [br]
        well true , everybody has their own style of playing and like to choose wht suits them more .
        After the duo system implemented almost all classes r hybrid now , it will be very rare to find a pure build after update .
        i kind like duo update as it allows people to think out of the box and create builds tht differ and might work even better than standard version.

As there arent many inquistor guides available around , i posted those questions not to point flaws or weakness in ur build but help other players to get more info who might want to an alternate way in build according their style. [SMILE=3]

secondly ,by reduction on dmg i didnt meant by electric detonation (tht skill is better off at lvl one ) but the choices on potentials tht differ here.
        as u said almost all skills on priest are light based .so priest (specially inq ) can stack quite a good amt of light elemental . coupled with relic of cure and bless of light we can reach very nice amount of light element attck .
        plus many of our skills hav debuff with reduce light element resistance.
        hence ,
        XX % of light ele + 15 % frm relic + 20 % frm buff + pala buff +debuff == figure it out [SMILE=1]

although stacking light ele lowers ur base magic by a bit (which directly affects healing hand which is based on ur magic )
        but if u go support u need to focus on magic for better heal , u may lose dmg there compared to pure light ele build . unless u r rich or lucky enough to get both in same gear.
        Hence the point in first post ..

on pvp totally agree with ya , now with miracle hand inquitor >> saint anytime in pvp
        i better hav hybrid inq in team then saint in pvp .

Sep 20, 2011 9:04 pm
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/2817321/2]Macchikins[/url] at Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by 75.*.*.61 at Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pmIs it true that relics don't hold agro anymore and can be destroyed? Also is it true that Grand Cross no longer pushes back mobs? Are there any other big changes to priest based classes? [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110919/Macchis_Optimized_Inquisitor_Build-4e77f11b03a843413-1.html#p4e79328405c719][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]Relics can be destroyed, however I believe they still hold aggro. Grand Cross never pushed back monsters in my experience. [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110919/Macchis_Optimized_Inquisitor_Build-4e77f11b03a843413-1.html#p4e7935a078bca4][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]Does the relic have a set amount of HP or is it based off skill level or character stats? Also you've never noticed the slight knockback/push effect grand cross has on mobs?

Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm
        i dun understand duo-ulitimate mean the inq can learn both relic of miracle and heaven judgement??

Sep 22, 2011 12:44 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by 220.*.*.87 at Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm
        i dun understand duo-ulitimate mean the inq can learn both relic of miracle and heaven judgement??     
        Yes.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am
          wow. i mean wow. the duo system really changed skill building. very nice work

Sep 23, 2011 10:48 pm

There is something wrong with this build, you can't learn Shock Transition without learning Heaven's Judgment, it's a prerequisite bro.

Sep 24, 2011 2:12 am
          can i know what/s healing hand?? cant identify it from the skill list?

Quick Reply:Macchi's Optimized Inquisitor Build

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »