Quote: Originally Posted by 120.*.*.140 at Sep 20, 2011 3:32 pm
i liked ur guide
i was thinking abt same thing when duo update was announced
but i would like to make few points ...
1. u say ur build is optimized , but wht is ur main aim of the build ?
its it more pve and sometimes pvp or more pvp with okk support in pve ?
judging frm the build its looks more pve support build which can do ok in pvp ..
2. why heal at lvl 6 ?
the justification u gave contradicts itself .. as u say heal has a poor growth and due to lack of points , then why keep it at lvl 6 coz the diff between lvl 3 and lvl 6 is just 1 %
why waste 9 points for 1 % ?
u cant leave heal at lvl 1 , u need it at 3 as a pre for healing hand
hence most priest and pala keep it at 3 (dmg based) or at 9 (support based )
anything between 3 and 9 isnt useful and is a waste of sp , u can use extra sp to raise charge bolt for more dmg or put anywhere else u like .
3 . why bless of light at lvl 7 ?
at lvl 6 bless of light gives 19 % , at lvl 7 20 %
1 % for 4 sp isnt worth it. u can put tht 4 sp in healing hand for even better heal.
lastly ,although with duo ultimate gives inquistor miracle hand , but sadly the diff between
saint and inquistor is still high , coz inq is dmg based (among priest) and saint is support based .
many inq after update will try to go support and lose dmg but still saint will be best support ingame , but losing dmg inquistors lose thier only advantage over saints.
Most ppl would still prefer to take saint in party for best support and okk dmg compared to
support inquistor with less support and lower dmg (lower than dmg based inq)
however in solo category i feel inq are better than saints and will do better in soloing with new update .
just speaking my mind
, i hope i dnt get bashed or flamed since i m not a registered user
1. You hit the nail on the head there. I am not a person interested in PvE or PvP builds. I am only interested in hybrid builds- which is why I stand out a but awkwardly, in both my mercs and cleric builds.
Inquisitor is a class that suits my style of skill-building well, this will be addressed as I answer your other questions.
2. Simply because this is a cookie-cutter build. Since posting this I have refined the build several times, but have not edited the one posted here. Why? Simply because this is meant as a starting point for other players. Not an end within itself.
3. Same reason as above, but also with the added point that I plan to continue to invest into this skill after the level cap increase, as all important Inq skills are currently light-based.
4. The difference is there yes, but you are mistaken in thinking that Inquisitors lose damage-dealing abilities. Electronic Detonation has long been a waste of SP, and only worthwhile at level one. This build is optimized in the sense that it removes this weakness and makes Inq a more versatile class.
Now, while I agree that Saint has some prominent points that argue to his behalf, I must also note that Inq is now a much more worthwhile choice. Certainly, it is now much more a choice of play-style, rather a choice of usability.
And at least in the sense of a hybrid build, consider PvP, the other side of the coin- in which a hybrid Inq is many
times better than a Saint.
Also consider that Inquisitor is now able to stack debuffs with much less fear in comparison to Saint, which makes his shocking
abilities much more efficient. Pun intended.