Here's the latest update for T4, as I had many requests to post my build.. I have been inactive in the forum boards as I came back after a 6 months break from DN. Work has been crazy, I don't have much time to even play dn now. I was also having fun with a max FD spirit dancer.
Decided to update my build since I have just changed to gladiator:
Account level skills (
3% dmg reduction, 2% increase, and 5% gold from runs)
In T4, lvl 6 and 11 presents a significant boost for almost all skills, thus demolition fist and stomp is at lvl 6.
Unfortunately, to take demolition fist EX, stomp EX is required, so I have taken Stomp Ex although I dont really like it (though it's pretty with the purple mod I was using :P).
Demolition Fist EX - the direction of slam that follows the first fist can be controlled, i.e. you can do a 180 deg turn.
Circle swing maxed - this is the best aoe DPS that merc has. The rest of the DPS skills are self-explanatory.
Disenchanting howl is dropped since its useless at lvl 60/50 (only poison golem in SDN requires it, and it'll die before you need to clear its berserk state).
Taunting Howl maxed, personally, I like this skill because of the fast cd and its debuff effects work well with the new devastating howl thats only 50% reduction.
Circle Break instead of Rising Slash.. this skill has great DPS now after T4 boost. Decent AOE too.
Whirlwind + 20% dmg
Rolling Attack + 20% dmg
Charging (Panic) Howl -20% CD
Circle Swing +20% dmg
Character stats (with Battle Howl and Blessing Buff)
Some Updated Gear snapshots:
Armor wise, I'm using 5 pcs of GA for the FD.. accessories is dangerous set.
833 FD from plates, 200 from dark dragon set bonus and costume set bonus, 45 from title, and the rest are from GA + dangerous accessory, thus achieving 1871 FD. Crit is of course maxed.
Lastly, why did I change to Gladiator?
1) Kinda bored of Barb already
2) Currently, lvl 60 nests bosses have ridiculous amount of HP (especially in CDN). This causes battles to be draggy, and with that, the DPS of mercenary starts to fall behind significantly.
3) Gladiator is fun due to all the low CD skills (a lot of spamming xD). DPS is also significantly higher than Barb in T4.
For example, finishing strike dmg below on GDN poison golem with ice debuff (only 3 or 4 ice layers) but no hemo effect (was on CD)
best Finishing strike dmg so far -18.5 mil (less than a week into Gladiator, so hopefully can get to see some better dmg)
4) Gladiator makes better use of the max FD that I have as well.
5) Barb EX skills are also disappointing, it's all about adding an additional hit that only deals 30% of the original. Circle Swing EX is especially disappointing since the additional hit has a lower aoe than the original... though it's good in pvp since you can chain with soccer kick combo.