Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Almighty's Tempest PVP Guide

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
|| Citidel of Erosion, Guardian & Physician Boost||

Future Update

|| Screamer Boost ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Almighty's Tempest PVP Guide

Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm
By popular demand, I am posting my Tempest PVP build. For the the ones that don't want to read anything, here it is.

Some of my bolder choices are explained below:

- Why Tempest and not Windwalker? Yeah, windwalker can fly, and it's the fanciest char in DN. But I prefer to be effective than pretty; I like to win matches, not be stylish for 10 seconds and still get defeated. Tempest's evasion saves your life when you screw up and make a mistake; it still works even when silenced by merc. And it also makes classes like swordmaster think twice before using skills like hacking stance. Tempest is THE pvp class, windwalker is more for pve, so the ones that haven't advanced, choose wisely.

- Maxing Twin Shot is a must! - If you don't want to max it, then it's fine, but at least get it to level 9 or something like that. Twin shot is your main pvp harass skill, and it needs the range and the extra damage in order to be effective. I tried taking twin shot from lv 14 (from the lv 40 build) to lv 1 (with the free reset scroll), and I cried when it did only 1/3 of the dmg and i had to be in melee range to use it.

- Why is multishot such a low level? At level 8 it skill stops people on their tracks and the only difference is damage.

- Why do you have the MP passive now? As you level up, your skills use more MP (or so it feels). Without that MP passive you run out of MP in the arena quite often; at lv 40 I would never run out of it, but now I did. The passive helps with that problem quite a lot, so GET IT.

-Why so little points spent in the acrobat tree? Twin shot. As long as you have all the skills you shouldn't have any problem linking your combos. Of course, you should tweak the build to suit your needs, after all this is just a guideline.

-As usual, max all the evasion skills. An acrobat/tempest with all the evasion skills on CD is dead, so make those CD as low as possible.

-I STRONGLY recommend getting a vortex +50% animation speed heraldry. After you get that heraldry you can knock off elemental lord's out of their brooms, mercs out of their charging high super armor skill, and a lot of other things. It's without a doubt the best skill heraldry that a PVP acrobat/tempest can get, (after nebula chains cooldown heraldry of course).

That's all for now. Suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism are welcome!

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Jun 5, 2012 9:41 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

Anything that doesn't kill me, gives me XP.

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm
Thx for the update..

Will add the guide to the compilation ^_^

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chaose5

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 28, 2011 9:28 pm
    Hi, I know its not exactly the best, but would
    http://dn.duowan.com/2zmnq/?-5BvDSd-IVWzmCUsr1H1A7Q|153$302$44&ifr=tempest.html work for a pve tempest? :/
    or is windwalker that much better for pve? :o
    As I'm quite stuck since I love kick and shot a fair bit :3 also hurricane dance seemed pretty good for certain bosses O.o

Signature

Playing on cDn again.
    Sea dn still sucks :3
    Jun 29, 2011 7:02 am
    Thanks! I've been waiting for an updated build.

Anyway, isn't there an acrobat skill worth maximizing? Excluding those skills which are required to be EX.

Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am
    Reply 3#  Seiggy

If I were to max a skill I would max vortex. The damage and flinching ability is very good, but in PVP and PVE. What an acrobat CAN'T do is to leave out some skills...you need them all if you want to be effective.

Signature

Jul 3, 2011 1:41 am
    Almighty, I just want to add that Windwalker is not just for PVE they can perform very well in PVP within 10 sec to kill and their level 50 skill is really good once chained properly.

Signature

TheLoosers Guild
    Server: 南方电信一区 (3rd row, 5tht column on the Region Page)
    Sub- Server: 3服-烈火之灵
    Characters: Megido (Inquisitor) メVodou (Dark Summoner)
    口袋ROCKETS (Gear Master) Armegidon (Artillery)

Youtube Channel

Jul 3, 2011 6:33 am
    @kiddosyzed

I agree with you.

Since they've come from the same branch they both have good pvp capabilities.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 4, 2011 11:29 pm
      Reply 5#  kiddosyzed

I don't want to be misunderstood...windwalker is still an acrobat so I don't doubt it's pvp capabilities. What I want to say it's that if you compare both occupations' skills, windwalker ones lean more toward pve while tempest's ones lean toward pvp, kinda like gladiator and moonlord. In my server using skills like showtime is considered impolite in round pvp, I don't know if it's the same where you play. I had a really hard time choosing what to advance, but after I evaded circle swing while silenced, I had little doubt afterwards :)

Signature

Jul 5, 2011 12:22 am
      That's the most ridiculous thing i've heard. Showtime being impolite to use in pvp? How is it impolite to use? That's their specialty. If people say its impolite to use, it probably means showtime is THAT good. That they don't want windwalkers to use it.

If you want to bring in fairness how about you consider these in pvp:

1) FU: no time stop
      2) Elords: no freeze/slow/burn
      3) Pallies/pallies: no shield block
      4) BM's: no triangle shot
      ETC

What my point is, each and every class/job has their own unique specialty. For you to exclude showtime is taking out windwalkers specialty. I might as well say dont use evasion for tempest, because its impolite...
      Now don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to put you down, I myself would choose tempest. I just don't think you are analyzing each class thoroughly.

Edit 1: a) Evasion certainly helps you dodge some attacks, but so can showtime can't it? Use that air jump skill or w/e its called. In addition to showtime, you have 10 seconds to catch runners, or you have 10 seconds to defend yourself by slide-kick spam to catch your opponent. Thus, in my opinion, i think showtime>evasion

Signature

TheLoosers Guild: Server: 南方电信一区 Sub- Server: 3服-烈火之灵
      Guild Website: http://theloosers.webtribe.it/
      YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DnxKami?feature=mhee
      精緻-Level 50 Saleana
      ItsKami- Level 50 Inquisitor
      DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest
      Jul 5, 2011 1:25 am
      Reply 8#  PokeKai

Majesty> STEAL BUFF ^.^ bwahahahahahaa
      Very true though. o:

Signature

Mod Thread

Server: 南方电信一区
      Guild: <TheLoosers>
      Characters: DusklordEX (Smasher), DesperadoF (Majesty), KiroEX (Crusader)
      Level: Infinite

Click here to make your own signature
      Jul 5, 2011 1:39 am
      Reply 8#  PokeKai

You mentioned two different things, and I will give you my opinion on both.

1.- "Impolite" skills change according to the server where you play. There are no written rules about it, but mostly everyone that plays rounds (except the real newbies and/or angry people) don't use the following skills: Lv 40 Ultimates (for all classes), block (for clerics), super armor (for merc), time acceleration (for FU) and speed buff (for acro). Some people also include parry stance for SM, guiding arrow for BM and flame road for ele, but that depends.

Players that use those skills are seen as not being skilled enough to defeat their opponent, and so they have to resort to using them in order to win. For example, I once fought a merc that would run away and then come back with super armor and use typhoon on me. Rinse and repeat until I would die, or match would end up in draw. Effective? Yes, very. Polite? In my opinion, it's not. Of course, that's what most of the people in my server think; my personal opinion is that you can use whatever you want, it's fine with me; however, I won't use my speed buff...I don't need it.

2.- Showtime > Evasion in PVP. Any PVP person would agree to say that if you are out of evasion moves and you fall in the combo of a good player, regardless of the class, chances are that you're dead. Evasion gives you 21.5% of evading any attack, provided that you're not in the air nor stunned. 1 out of every 5 attacks won't hurt you, and furthermore, you can counter attack.
      If you're standing, a SM that uses hacking stance or a merc that uses the spinning around attack (I don't know how it's called) has to think twice before doing it, or else there's a 21.5% chance that he's going to get evaded and brought again inside an acrobat's combo.
      Showtime is really cool; I've seen it in action and I like it, but I also think that it's too short, and it doesn't save you when you make a mistake.

Therefore, that's why I consider that evasion > show time in pvp. PVE is a completely different matter though.

Signature

Jul 5, 2011 2:48 am
      Edit 1: I guess you are right, there are no written rules about the pvp rules in each server. I still think its dumb but i guess that's just how your server plays in pvp.

1) Cleric: Block isn't even a tough skill to fight off against, if you cannot deal against even this skill, then you probably aren't even skilled enough to pvp.

2) Mercenary: If you are fighting a merc who runs until he can super-armor and typhoon, then they are noobs. I don't even bother raging or getting angry anymore. Why fight with noobs? Okay, they will win, move on. I RARELY find merc's doing this, so it's not a big deal.

3) FU: If you are fighting for that long of a battle for them to get time accel, either he's a noob for running until he gets time accel or you are running. The other chances of it being a tie where you both aren't running around and fighting, are slim. Even if FU's do time accel, it's not impossible to defend against

4) Acrobat: Spirit boost: Acrobats are very difficult to play and catch people, spirit boost actually balances out the pvp arena against other classes.

The real skill of a pvp'er is being able to work around these tough skills. Just because they are really good skills, shouldn't mean that they should be restricted from pvp and be called an "impolite" skill. It seems that your server just wants to avoid fighting against the skills, rather, learning from how to avoid them. I know in my server, everything but ultimate's go in pvp.

****Overall, nit-picking about each class whether they can use a skill or not just ruins the game. The only thing that is polite is to not use ultimates. The rest seems be pretty fair. Like you said, a merc who uses super-armor and typhoon ultimate is quite unfair. However, regular skills such as block, flame road, spirit boost, parry, and guided shot can be avoided easily if you know what you are doing.

2) Evasion vs. showtime: It seems like you are one-sided when you write the arguments. You say "Any PVP person would agree to say that if you are out of evasion moves and you fall in the combo of a good player, regardless of the class, chances are that you're dead" If you are talking about failure to combo, you have to mention the failure rate of evasion ~80% to make an equal analysis.

-Just because you evade a hit from SM's parry, doesn't mean you are guaranteed to combo him back 100%.
      -I won't argue anymore about showtime vs evasion, they both have their pros and cons, but you should really read what i've said about "polite" skills. Ridiculous things going on in your server.

Signature

精緻-Level 50 Saleana
      DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 5, 2011 7:07 am
        lol.. sorry for intrusion, but in my server mass pvp looks exactly like this - mercs run around until their ultimate is ready, then shield-run into big crowd-ulti-most of the crowd is dead. paladins using their avatars at exact moment they have it cooldowned and sorcs filling screen with fire/ice/lasers/meteorites all at once.
        it's quite fun actually..
        in 1x1 ulti is the first thing to do when it's ready.. so i didn't even knew it can be considered impolite at some other servers.

Jul 5, 2011 12:51 pm
        Yes perfecti, but that is 8v8 protection. Sometimes i do find the occasional merc who runs and whilrwinds, but not often. Those are noobs. Lets say we did have a rule about being "polite". Do you think those "noobs" will stop running and ultimate? No they probably won't. So why make such rules for those who don't run around?

8v8 protection is fun because its a place where you can do what you want. Crazy things happen when everyone ultimates together. Not to be nit-picking about what to use and what you can and cannot do. If anyone is so serious about it, it should probably be for 1v1 ladder.

Signature

精緻-Level 50 Saleana
        DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest
        Jul 29, 2011 6:21 am
        I never thought putting levels into Twin Shot made it's range increase.  I've looked around on wiki's and none of them make any mention of this.  All of them just say it increases the damage.

Are you sure that putting points into Twin Shot increases its range?

Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by jermyjunfoxfive at Jul 29, 2011 6:21 am
        I never thought putting levels into Twin Shot made it's range increase.  I've looked around on wiki's and none of them make any mention of this.  All of them just say it increases the damage.

we all tested it and its true the range does increase, and who do want to believe people who played this for years and tested almost every skill or a website who only post things because they want people to view there website.

Signature

IGN : ☆Applz ][Main] / ⊙Applz⊙
        Class : Majesty / DarkArt
        Level : 50 / 50
        Server: 华中电信二区,4 凌波微步
        Guild : FREEDOM
        Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am
        Would you mind elaborate on the crest selection a little more?  you suggested Vortex (furious wind in NA) animation speed.  But what is nebula chain in NA?  Should we use twin shot increase dmg crest too since it's the our lowest cd dps skill?

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pm
          Reply 14#  jermyjunfoxfive

Twin Shot adds 2M range by default, no matter what's the level.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN - Freedom's Youtube Channel
          Server: 华中电信一区
          IGN: Calena (Mon)
          Class: Lv 70 Tempest (Thanks to Eddie :D)
          Guild: Freedom

Blade & Soul CN
          Server: 网通一区 - 咆哮寺院
          IGN: 白柳 (v2seraph)
          Class: Assassin
          Guild: Freedom (Evil - 浑天教)
          Jul 30, 2011 10:17 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by chris_apple92 at Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am
          Quote: Originally Posted by jermyjunfoxfive at Jul 29, 2011 6:21 amI never thought putting levels into Twin Shot made it's range increase.  I've looked around on wiki's and none of them make any mention of this.  All of them just say it increases the damage.

we all tested it and its true the range does increase, and who do want to believe people who played this for years and tested almost every skill or a website who only post things because they want people to view there website.     
          I'm getting my info from DNarmory.com and various wikis, which is the official armory from Nexon.  

It mentions the 2m range increase which we know but it does not say anything about increasing the range as you put points into it.

I just want to clarify, that is all.  How have you guys tested it?

Jul 30, 2011 10:18 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by v2seraph at Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pmReply 14#  jermyjunfoxfive

Twin Shot adds 2M range by default, no matter what's the level.     
          I know this.  But the TC said the difference between lvl 14 twin shot and lvl 1 was like lvl 1 had to be melee range, which would imply that putting points into twin shot would extend the range beyond that extra 2m.

Quick Reply:Almighty's Tempest PVP Guide

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »