Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Totoro's Full Support Saint Build (Level 50 & 60)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!



Latest Update
|| Hero Battle Field ||


Future Update

|| 8-man Cerberus Nest ||




 

Totoro's Full Support Saint Build (Level 50 & 60)

May 10, 2011 10:49 pm
Had re-edited my build for those DN SEA players. The current level 40 build will be extended to below level 50 build. So you guys who refers to my build can minimize the chance to use reset scroll (though you may get it free).
Skill BuildThis build is follow the path to 2nd job "Saint". So, it may not suitable for who is going for inquisitor.

Heals & Healing Hand both maxed, basic requirement for a milk priest.

Passive skills:
HP, MP and MP regeneration all max out.
MP regen is most important to maintain your MP pool, it will not drain-up by extensive usage, like in SDN.

Crests Equiped:
Intelligent, Magical Damage, Vitality, Life, Physical Defend, Magical Defend, Critical Damage & Agility. I had chose intelligent and critical damage for 3rd option crests, and built up ~7k critical damage.

Skill Crests:
Miracle Hand - reduce CD (reduce ultimate CD)
Lighting Hand - reduce CD (best dmg/sec skill)
Heals - reduce CD
圣光十字 - dmg +20% (currently equiped, very good damage, but healing hand better)
Healing Hand - reduce CD (i still not get it, but recommended)

Level 50 Saint Build:
This build found to be handy in both hardcore Sea Dragon Nest and Bishop Hell Nest.



Equipment Suffixes:
Helm - INT
Shirt - INT
Pants - INT
Glove - LIFE
Boots - INT
Wand - INT
Shield - INT

Accessories:
Necklace - 50A Intelligent + Vitality
Earring - 50A Intelligent + Vitality
Rings - Both 50A magical


New T4 & Level 60 Build (Under Optimization):
Cleric part:



Priest part:



and, Saint part:


Note: With new T4 SP distribution and skill changes, saint now can have more SP invest on attacking skills.


[ The post was edited by sgTotoro at Jul 12, 2012 7:26 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

CDN (华中电信1区2服)
多多霖 (Gear Master) [墨晨]
多多萝 (Adept) [FREEDOM]
多多女王 (Smasher) [墨晨]
多多舞娘 (Soul Screamer) [LE1SURE]
多多影舞 (Tempest) [LE1SURE]
sgTotoro (Moon Lord) [LE1SURE]
sgTotoro2 (Saint) [LE1SURE]
sgTotoro3 (Crusader) [LE1SURE]

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 10, 2011 11:00 pm
*added to guide/build collection

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







MMOsite Special Offer

    May 11, 2011 12:07 am
    I suggest you take the casting motion delay or casting time to calculate the DPS, instead of the cool down value. For example, let say there is a 1 sec gap from u start to cast the electric totem until you finish poke out the totem and by the time u r free to move or cast watever following skill, then the casting delay or casting time should be 1s and not 10s. One way to extract the value of casting motion delay is watch and observe from a video recording.

    Another point is that the damage written on your skill board, i.e. board dmg, is not equal to the actual dmg u deal on ur opponent. In fact, there is a certain coefficient, let say x, such that your actual dmg is

    (actual dmg) = (x) * (board dmg) * (1+ % element) / (1 + % resist)

    For example, the board dmg of the charge volt refer to the dmg per hit, if u cast it on a large size monster, u can get maximum 12 hit. Then the x could be 12. Therefore, ppl suggest that charge volt is the highest dps skill of both clerics, priest and paladin (of course only refer to mag pala or pala with high matt).


    The way we extract the x value is to do an experiment. Take a 0 durability weapon, cast that skill, observe the dmg either by taking video or prt sc

    (actual dmg) = (hit count) * (dmg per hit)


    [ The post was edited by dragon431 at May 11, 2011 12:49 am ]

    Signature

    Dragon Nest CN
    Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
    怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
    粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

    May 11, 2011 12:25 am
    Well, for the definition of DPS.....

    There are two major views of calculation:

    One is similar to toto's way: which is damage / cooldown.

    The other one is as described by kel, which is damage / casting time.

    Both has pros and cons in terms of expressing the real damage output speed.

    I think both methods are acceptable as a means to calculate DPS, just that the assumptions are different in both methods.

    Another way to plan for skill build is DPS / SP cost. You can define DPS by either one of the two methods above. Do factor in the elemental attribute bonus in your DPS calculation.

    This measures the return of damage per SP investment. This will help you decide which skills is most worth to pump high to deal maximum damage.

    And, as mention as kel, the so-call "board damage" in some instant is NOT equal to the damage you see on screen.

    Take for example: Microholes for Force User.

    The board damage says : 253%+1420 at lv8. At such a low board damage, why this skill is the NO.1 DPS Skill for Force User?

    The reason is the skill coefficient for this skill is actually 3.

    How's that so?

    Each microhole will hit 6 times before it disappear.

    The board damage shows the total damage for only ONE BALL.

    Each hit from the ball is 1/6 * (2.53*m.att+1420)*dark attack%.

    Putting 3 balls on big size boss will deal 6*3=18 hits of damage.  

    Meaning the total damage output is 3 x (2.53*m.att + 1420) * dark attack %.



    Each skill, especially multi hit ones has a unique skill coefficient. I know the coefficient very well for Force User 's skill.

    Priest one you nid to find out through your own experiment (with 0 durability weapon).

    Signature

    FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







    May 11, 2011 12:42 am
    If you take dmg per CD as dps, then the highest dps skill is normal attack........ so conclusion is u don need to learn any skill.

    If there is a skill that need channeling for 10s, but the CD is only 1s, how do u calculate the dps???

    Signature

    Dragon Nest CN
    Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
    怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
    粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

    May 11, 2011 12:46 am
    Yes, Damage per SP and Damage per CD per SP is two key factors to consider when u want to invest your limited SP. They suggest the growth of a skill and how well u can spam that skill.

    Signature

    Dragon Nest CN
    Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
    怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
    粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

    May 11, 2011 1:23 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by dragon431 at May 11, 2011 12:42 amIf you take dmg per CD as dps, then the highest dps skill is normal attack........ so conclusion is u don need to learn any skill.

    If there is a skill that need channeling for 10s, but the CD is only 1s, how do u calculate the dps???     
    Btw, what the skill coefficient for normal attack?

    I have read somewhere before that it is 0.5.

    For normal attack, the casting time = the cooldown = 1 sec.

    Let say for example, i have 3700 m.att, 70% dark.

    The DPS for my normal att = 3700*0.5 / 1 = 1850

    The DPS for gravity ball lv9 = (3700*2.59+1998)*1.70/8 * 1.2= 2953

    The DPS for microhole lv8 = 3* (3700*2.53+1420)*1.70/17*1.2 = 3882

    Normal attack is definitely not the highest dps skill, but it is one of the highest for sure (even if the coefficient for normal attack = 1, microhole still beat it ^_^)

    So normal attack for mage is still very efficient versus apo for example, which require constant moving around.

    However, the conclusion that says you don't nid any skill since normal attack is very high dps is severely flawed. it is only stated by those who don't understand the real meaning for doing all these calculation.

    Normal attack lack the range and AOE.

    For example, how to you expect to clear the claws of apo by using normal attack in a short time.

    So another definition of DPS should also include the total damage per target * number of target. Here, number of target for normal attack = 1 for mages

    On the contrary,  the number of target for any skills can be easily 5~10, which magnify the real dps by freaking alot, more than cover the long cooldown of other skills.

    That's why i said, there is no perfect definition for DPS. It is more important to know to interpret the definition and how do you apply them.

    The skill ability to freeze / knockdown / stun /reduce ice resist etc further increase your DPS indirectly, even if it is versus single target.

    Damage / casting is more suitable when you are under time acceleration (which can be considered as a special case). Here casting time almost equal to or more than the cooldown. This case is similar to the hypothetical example u mention: cd = 1sec, casttime = 10sec. So meaning by using this definition, you will be able to pick the best skill to cast during time acceleration.

    Damage / cooldown is the damage output you get by assuming that you cast the skill right away when it is cd, which is the more general case in real game play. This is preferred in alot of other calcuation done by players over the first definition for 2 reasons:
    1. Easy to quantify the cooldown. (just read of the skill description)
    2. Casting time << cooldown for most skills.


    [ The post was edited by chaose5 at May 11, 2011 1:44 am ]

    Signature

    FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







    MMOsite Special Offer

      May 11, 2011 2:51 am
      o.o!!

      I think for priest, some skills are quite instant cast while some skills take long casting time. It just depend on in what circumstance you need what skill, and the sequence of your skill casted ( in sense of how to max your light att and lower enemies' light resist). As for DPS, I don't think pure support build can really fight against those real DPS (eg BM @.@''').

      Anyway, please up your party buff. It require 0 SP and add 10% healing amount, not only to your healing skill, but also applied to our party members when they eat pots (if they are buffed).

      Signature

      Dragon Nest CN:
      皮卡丘83 (lvl 70 Saint) ~ FREEDOM
      可爱的小白猫 (lvl 70 Majesty) ~ ArchAngel
      幽冥灵猫 (lvl 61 Spirit dancer) ~ ArchAngel
      May 11, 2011 4:24 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by chaose5 at May 11, 2011 1:23 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by dragon431 at May 11, 2011 12:42 amIf you take dmg per CD as dps, then the highest dps skill is normal attack........ so conclusion is u don need to learn any skill.

      If there is a skill that need channeling for 10s, but the CD is only 1s, how do u calculate the dps???     
      Btw, what the skill coefficient for normal attack?

      I have read somewhere before that it is 0.5.

      For normal attack, the casting time = the cooldown = 1 sec.

      Let say for example, i have 3700 m.att, 70% dark.

      The DPS for my normal att = 3700*0.5 / 1 = 1850

      The DPS for gravity ball lv9 = (3700*2.59+1998)*1.70/8 * 1.2= 2953

      The DPS for microhole lv8 = 3* (3700*2.53+1420)*1.70/17*1.2 = 3882

      Normal attack is definitely not the highest dps skill, but it is one of the highest for sure (even if the coefficient for normal attack = 1, microhole still beat it ^_^)

      So normal attack for mage is still very efficient versus apo for example, which require constant moving around.

      However, the conclusion that says you don't nid any skill since normal attack is very high dps is severely flawed. it is only stated by those who don't understand the real meaning for doing all these calculation.

      Normal attack lack the range and AOE.

      For example, how to you expect to clear the claws of apo by using normal attack in a short time.

      So another definition of DPS should also include the total damage per target * number of target. Here, number of target for normal attack = 1 for mages

      On the contrary,  the number of target for any skills can be easily 5~10, which magnify the real dps by freaking alot, more than cover the long cooldown of other skills.

      That's why i said, there is no perfect definition for DPS. It is more important to know to interpret the definition and how do you apply them.

      The skill ability to freeze / knockdown / stun /reduce ice resist etc further increase your DPS indirectly, even if it is versus single target.

      Damage / casting is more suitable when you are under time acceleration (which can be considered as a special case). Here casting time almost equal to or more than the cooldown. This case is similar to the hypothetical example u mention: cd = 1sec, casttime = 10sec. So meaning by using this definition, you will be able to pick the best skill to cast during time acceleration.

      Damage / cooldown is the damage output you get by assuming that you cast the skill right away when it is cd, which is the more general case in real game play. This is preferred in alot of other calcuation done by players over the first definition for 2 reasons:
      1. Easy to quantify the cooldown. (just read of the skill description)
      2. Casting time << cooldown for most skills.     
      Erm..... normal attack casting time is 0.75s. CD is 0s. This is one of a skill that CD is lower than the casting time. Another skill is kick. If ur kick has CD same as ur casting time, then if u take a crest with 50% faster casting time, then ur casting time will be 50% for ur CD, which is not true in the real case. It is because kick has no CD, therefore when u kick 50% faster, u nvr see a CD gap for ur kick.

      If u define dps = dmg / CD, it could be infinity for normal attack and kick. Therefore u do not need to learn other skill because with normal attack u can 1 hit K.O. anything. Is that true? Of course not.

      Even if u take its casting time as its CD value, I dunno the coefficient of normal attack. If it is 1, then the dps = 3700 / 0.75 *1.25 (for crit) = 6166.67 (2 times of ur graviti ball). Even if the coefficient is 0.5, the dps of it also higher than ur graviti ball and even higher than ur 3 imba balls when u don hv such a large and immobile boss to let ur all 3 balls deal full dmg to it.

      However, when u calculate the dps of ur graviti ball by taking dmg / casting time, u can have 20k over, much higher than the normal attack. Therefore, u cannot build ur skill based on dmg/CD, it will  make u think that normal attack is the highest dps skill. The conclusion drawn not to learn any skill is not a scientific statement instead it is a a joke and let ppl think that definitely could not be true and will not merely rely on dps to build the skill. We should consider dmg/casting time also and other factors mentioned by u like AOE, disabling effect and etc.


      However CD is also an important factor. There are 2 cases when u have to consider dmg / CD.

      Case 1. U don have enough skills to cast before ur 1st skill finish CD.

      Case 2. The boss HP is very long and u need more than 30 rounds of skill set (let say u repeat a same skill set). Then the HP taken down due to a particular skill is roughly dmg/CD.

      Signature

      Dragon Nest CN
      Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
      怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
      粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

      May 11, 2011 4:55 am
      Here, one thing you need to define clearly.

      Apparent Cooldown for normal attack is the time taken for a normal attack to be use after its first use. Since the real cooldown for attack is not stated in game, this definition is fair and just.

      Based on this definition, kicking and normal attack are considered as special "skills" with non-constant cooldown which depends on the casting time.

      If you take a crest that reduce the kicking motion or boost the attack speed by acceleration buff of acrobat, the so-called "apparent cooldown" for that kicing and attack will be modified according too. That's why i said cooldown = casting for normal attack, and NOT 0.

      Even if the cooldown of a certain skill is 1sec, but it take 10sec to cast it, The apparent cooldown is still 10sec. So, we can conclude that if cooldown < casting time, apparent cooldown = casting time.

      Therefore, you won't have the 0 cooldown (which lead to infinity dps) that you mention, unless you are using real speedhack.  

      Since when anyone check the attack motion of the attack of mage is 0.75sec to such accuracy? With no cited reference, the arguement is thus invalid. You can put any number between the 1~0.5 and the DPs number will change. But that's not my point. The dps for normal/att and kick indeed high (not the highest for sure) but when versus more than 1 target, The DPS will be PATHETIC!

      Btw,i don't factor in the 1.25 crit coefficient because it's the same for all skill. The 1.2 x you see the back of my skills are due to crest damage boost. So the difference is not as high as you claim.

      [ P/S:  You can check the thread on final damage calculation. The damage coefficient for normal attack is 0.5 only. So it's not as great as you claim]

      EVEN IF THE CD FOR NORMAL ATTACK IS 0.75sec,  THE DPS for NORMAL ATTACK IS 2467  STILL LOWER THAN GRAVITY BALL AND MICROHOLES!

      Normal attack damage can't be boost with crest, sadly. However, kicking motion can be sped up with -50% motion crest, this in fact reduce BOTH the APPARENT CD and the Casting Time by Half. So the DPS is the same no matter which calculation you use: Damage/CD or Damage/Casting Time

      That's why there is such thing as Kicking DPS paladin because it is based on the scientific calculation and shouldn't be ignore as just merely a joke like you said. The reason why this exist, is because paladin don't have any skill with DPS higher than the kicking, whereas mages and archer have. All these can be predicted by scientific calculation.

      So i find nothing wrong to base a build on damage/CD like what toto did, since most of the time, the boss has very long hp, especially in high level nest. The cooldown of skill always cannot catch up, unless you have time acceleration (once in a blue moon, 120sec once). So the use of damage/cd for skill selection is actually nothing wrong.

      OK lets put things away round. I have a skill that take 0.5sec to cast, but it take 24 hours to cooldown. Would you consider that a good dps skill? So the flaw of damage/ casting is that you are blinded by the casting time only but ignore the skill CD.

      So damage/casting and damage/cd are just 2 sides of coin. Both definition are important and must be considered. However damage/cd is more generally accepted and easier to calculate.


      [ The post was edited by chaose5 at May 11, 2011 5:26 am ]

      Signature

      FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







      May 11, 2011 7:14 am
      lol, unexpected lots of discussion here. Anyway, the calculation here is to show some skills really no need to learn due to its less DPS. Priests no need much attacking skills, just do ur own job on party buff and healings.

      Signature

      CDN (华中电信1区2服)
      多多霖 (Gear Master) [墨晨]
      多多萝 (Adept) [FREEDOM]
      多多女王 (Smasher) [墨晨]
      多多舞娘 (Soul Screamer) [LE1SURE]
      多多影舞 (Tempest) [LE1SURE]
      sgTotoro (Moon Lord) [LE1SURE]
      sgTotoro2 (Saint) [LE1SURE]
      sgTotoro3 (Crusader) [LE1SURE]
      May 11, 2011 12:31 pm
      Erm...
      Actually it is hard to see priest skill's damage just from the skill description. It depend on how we use the skills. And actually priest can solo very well. Therefore, of course, what we should do most is buff, heal and cast miracle hand on time. However, we also need to deal some damage in meanwhile. Currently, pure milk priest can have some skills from the most left column also.

      Signature

      Dragon Nest CN:
      皮卡丘83 (lvl 70 Saint) ~ FREEDOM
      可爱的小白猫 (lvl 70 Majesty) ~ ArchAngel
      幽冥灵猫 (lvl 61 Spirit dancer) ~ ArchAngel

      MMOsite Special Offer

        May 12, 2011 2:37 am
        Oh ya... sorry... i hv mistaken the CD of normal attack as 0.75s, but actually tested and reported by this article as 0.57s. I take a simple experiment to extract the value of it. I use my MP buff as a counter and start '3S'ing..., then count the number of normal attack done. I get 110 within the MP buff duration of 60s. I repeat 3 times, get 110 each. Then i get the CD as 0.545 s, near to that reported value.
        Take 3700 matt as example, u can get over dps of 3200 for a normal attack.

        When u take dps as dmg/CD, u need 40+% of ele to make the imba 3 balls win over the normal attack, even if u assume the 3 balls deal full dmg. For a FU, 40+ dark % is not difficult, but for an EL............... Most of them hv 30% for both ice and fire. The guy, which reported normal attack as the highest dps skill of ele, has a pathetic 10% only....Sad for ele, none of ele's skill has higher dps than normal attack.......Will u think that EL is not a dps class? Will an EL be called a normal attacking EL because the normal attack has highest dps?
        Come back to the definition of dps, let see, if u hv 10 different skills, each deals 10k dmg in 1s but has CD of 10s. If u calculate the dps as dmg/CD, each of them has 1k dps, compared to 3.2k for a normal attack. Give u 10s of time, if u choose to normal attack all the way because u think that it has the highest dps, u ll deal 32k dmg. But if u choose to cast that 10 skills in sequence, u deal a total of 100k dmg!!!!

        Then u start to think why that 10 skills have less DPS but they do deal more dmg. It is simply because their dps is 10k and not 1k, since dps is actually dmg/casting time.

        A kicking pala is called not because kicking has highest dps, he has no choice but to kick because his other skills like smite r in CD. Whenever break armor or smite finish CD, he ll cast them to deal more dmg.

        Undeniably, dmg/CD is a good measure to consider when learning skills, since it actually suggest how effective u can spam that skill. But it is different from dps. U will consider dps a skill when u choose which skill to cast.


        [ The post was edited by dragon431 at May 12, 2011 3:03 am ]

        Signature

        Dragon Nest CN
        Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
        怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
        粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

        May 12, 2011 3:02 am
        DPS is meant for boss fighting, and boss is big size. I don't see any problem dealing full damage with 3 balls.

        Any Force User can bear testimony to this. Well if you are not FU, then you won't understand the power of this skil...

        Yea, i don't think EL is a BAD dps class now, since Damage/ CD for skill < Damage / CD for normal attack. No wokder ele keep getting boost, because they are actually still pretty weak, if you look at the damage/ cd.  

        Even Force User actually own them in DPS !

        However, under certain circumstance, for example versus those boss that are weak to  fire/ele then the calculation might stand a chance to beat normal attack in terms of DPS.

        Hehe, this 10sec example of  shows that you don't under the difference of application for the two definitons.

        [ p/s: the example is really unrealistic and doesn't reflect the true nature of skill damage in dragon nest, Who has 10skill with 1sec casting .10sec cd ? Unrealistic and meaningless example will not render support to the case. ]

        Damage/cast is suitable when you are looking at short time frame, let say 10sec.

        Damage/cd is suitable when you are looking at longer time frame, let say 3~5minutes.

        Any single boss in the dragon nest can be down in 10sec? The answer is NO.

        That's why i mention again and again, damage/casting is useful for selection of skill for quick burst of damage in short time (for example time accel)

        For normal usage in boss battle (especially long nest battle), damage/ cooldown is a more realistic, suitable and simple because the casting time is almost insignificant as compared to the total battle time. However, cooldown time is significantly large compared to the total boss fighting time .

        Both definitions have its own meaning and implication in build:

        If you are aimning for burst of damage. then select your skill based on Damage/ casting.

        If you are aiming for good damage over the whole duration of boss battle, then plan ur build based on Damage/ CD.

        Simple as that!

        Don't try to make things more complicated, as people like pikachu already start to feel blur about the definition of DPS.

        Signature

        FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







        May 12, 2011 3:10 am
        let see, if u hv 10 different skills, each deals 10k dmg in 1s but has CD of 10s. If u calculate the dps as dmg/CD, each of them has 1k dps, compared to 3.2k for a normal attack.

        Give u 1million sec of time, if u choose to normal attack all the way because u think that it has the highest dps, u ll deal 3.2k million dmg. But if u choose to cast that 10 skills in sequence, u deal a total of 10k million  dmg!!!!

        Signature

        Dragon Nest CN
        Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
        怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
        粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

        May 12, 2011 3:25 am
        Then take a more realistic example like kicking pala, when u calculate dps as damage/CD, kick win all others skills. But pala dont kick all the 5 minutes in boss hunt, because pala do cast other skills like smite or break armor whenever they are ready to be used because they have higher dps and because dps is damage/casting time.

        Signature

        Dragon Nest CN
        Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
        怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
        粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

        May 12, 2011 4:00 am
        All right, make it simple, dps is dps (damage per casting time) and damage per CD is another different but important measure and is NOT DPS. It is because we wont cast a skill and do nothing but wait for it to CD.   

        If ur skill had good dmg but long CD then how? simple, learn more skills to catch up the CD. U dont find ele use normal attack all the ways because their skill has longer CD but they learn enough skills to spam. They don't rely only on one skill. The case of ele is pretty similar to that 10 skills example as i mentioned above.

        Signature

        Dragon Nest CN
        Server: 华中电信二区 (4th row 5th server)
        怒炎苍龙 (Lv60 Elestra) in Freedom
        粉红色的羊 (Lv60 Guardian) in ArchAngel

        MMOsite Special Offer

          May 12, 2011 5:39 am
          Well I have a few comments..

          1) Someone has already mentioned, 治愈之手 should be learnt. It requires no SP and it adds 10% additional healing. So why not add it? Probably u forgot to add in =)

          2) 精神爆破 is not learnt to high levels for high damage or DPS. Most ppl learn it to unlock until 雷爆. 雷爆 damage is quite high and has a 20 second cd. I understand that this skill requires the target to be in shock status in order to damage it. I believe priest has many skills that can shock targets at high level (with paladins in party, they help to shock targets as well.. like using Lightning Charger) so this is actually quite a good skill if you want to be more "damage oriented" and have more attack skills to use. The skills under the lightning tree is only learnt until the pre-requisite level. However, if Im not wrong, the downside is that bosses do not get shock status. So 雷爆 and 閃電風暴 will be useless in boss fights. However, during boss fights, I suppose the job of a priest is to help your team members right? So you wont be attacking most of the time unless your team dont really need healing from you.

          3) 雷電之手 learnt to level 9? I assume you are making it high level for advancement to Saint? For myself, if 2nd advancement is not out yet, I will sacrifice this skill to pre-requisite in order to increase other skills. I know everyone has their own opinions so yeah.. Just a note only.

          4) As for 聖光十字. The cast time is long and susceptible to interruption. It travels slow.. and it is both a good and bad thing. Good being that it keeps damaging big bosses as it travels provided u casted the skill right beside it. Bad when the bosses move away after you casted it. For me, I kept this at pre-requisite as well to increase other skills. Personally, I think this spell dont really need to be max-ed unless you have sufficient points. I prefer 神聖暴風 because the interruption problem is not too bad and the damage is very high even though it has 40sec cd. But arguably, looking at DPS, I would say 聖光十字 is better provided the duration travelling on big bosses is long enough.

          Below is a build I came up with.



          Im not sure how supportive you want this build to be. I suppose your definition for supportive is to be slightly more attack oriented? But Im working towards a similar build as well, but more attack oriented. Having 4 additional skills from the lightning tree helps in clearing normal mobs much easier, excluding bosses. Feel free to comment on my post. Discussion helps in this thread as well =)

          Signature

          Interested in finding new mmorpg. Preferably chinese martial arts related.
          May 12, 2011 6:08 am
          Quote: Originally Posted by dragon431 at May 12, 2011 3:10 am
          let see, if u hv 10 different skills, each deals 10k dmg in 1s but has CD of 10s. If u calculate the dps as dmg/CD, each of them has 1k dps, compared to 3.2k for a normal attack.

          Give u 1million sec of time, if u choose to normal attack all the way because u think that it has the highest dps, u ll deal 3.2k million dmg. But if u choose to cast that 10 skills in sequence, u deal a total of 10k million  dmg!!!!     
          LOL, the problem is you don't have 10 skill with 10sec cd....

          Normally 2~3 skill with 8~10 sec cd,  2~3 skill with 10~20 cd, 2~3 skill with 30~60sec cd.

          In 10sec, based on damage/casting, you can deal maximum damage by spamming all the skill with 1sec casting, but what happen in the next 10sec....

          All the skill except for the 2~3 skillw ith 8~10sec cd are all under cd... You can't really repeat the chain again...

          Tat's why i said, the example on damage/ casting reflect the true damage for a short burst only.

          And it is not realistic and doesn't reflect the true nature of most skills in this game.

          So, cooldown need to be considered for long term damage output rate.

          Therefore, again, your example is meaningless....

          Signature

          FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







          May 12, 2011 6:24 am
          Quote: Originally Posted by dragon431 at May 12, 2011 4:00 amAll right, make it simple, dps is dps (damage per casting time) and damage per CD is another different but important measure and is NOT DPS. It is because we wont cast a skill and do nothing but wait for it to CD.   

          If ur skill had good dmg but long CD then how? simple, learn more skills to catch up the CD. U dont find ele use normal attack all the ways because their skill has longer CD but they learn enough skills to spam. They don't rely only on one skill. The case of ele is pretty similar to that 10 skills example as i mentioned above.     
          Since when Oxford dictionary define DPS by damage/casting time?

          Definition for damage/casting time and damage/cooldown time has the same unit and same physical meaning but different interpretation. Scientifically both are fair and just. Their application differs on time frame you are referring to.

          And it is widely accepted and published in various research articles for skills analysis in china too. Me and other player find no problem in this definition.

          Those are insist on the definition of  Dps = damage/ casting time  are free to adopt this calculation as the ONLY definition, but they don't have the right to impose it on other players, as what you are trying to do now.


          [ The post was edited by chaose5 at May 12, 2011 11:56 am ]

          Signature

          FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's







           

          Quick Reply:Totoro's Full Support Saint Build (Level 50 & 60)

          Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »