Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Mar 20, 2011 10:53 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macchikins
Umm, aren't you being a bit presumptuous here?

I never said you weren't from the old days, nor was I adamant about disrespecting you. I cited Synch as a reliable resource because he has been playing merc for a long time and still is. This alone makes him a more reliable source of information that you are, even if you did play during the old days. It's hardly fair to say I'm just a fan of someone's hunch, if you ask me you're the one being disrespectful here.

Besides, I think you're awfully quick to offence, I didn't say a thing that was offensive, yet you took it as such.

Ask yourself these questions:

-How was I supposed to know you quit?
-Why are you posting here if you did quit?
-Why do you think I am only referring to pvp?
-Why should your opinion be valid if you quit a long time ago?

I think you need to calm down.

woahhh... sorry but I think you were the one offended not me. I was merely telling you that your post is irrational.

but I will answer your question/s

1. You did not need to know. I said I quit at the said time because in my time SM were not overpowered in anyway at all. (we rip them apart)

2. Even though I quit that doesn't really mean I don't care about the game anymore.

3. Duh.. You asked me if I haven't fought an SM yet....

4. I quit when lvl 40 was implented and roughly 1 week after T3 so your right my knowledge is limited because I don't know about Apoc  and sea dragon so if I was wrong you can just inform me the way sync and and chaos did instead of just loling at my post.

@ Sync and Chaos

Thanks for the info and sorry for this ruckus.. I'll stop right here and leave your guild forums alone.

Return to the list

Signature

Guild Member: TheLoosers
Class: Destroyer
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Brokengamer?feature=mhee

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 21, 2011 4:35 am
I think we might have a misunderstanding, you must have misinterpreted my lol as being directed at you. It wasn't. I was merely making reference to that fact that Dark SMs are a class in their own league at moment and that the classes you mentioned (at least in my opinion) lag behind them.

There's hardly a need to leave if you still have interest in the game...
This post has been modified on Mar 21 , 2011 04:37:36 AM by   Macchikins.

Signature

Macchi: Level 50 Barbarian

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 22, 2011 12:41 am
    Latest News from Test Server 2 Update:

Bone Crash: The additional damage effect is increased by 31%.
    This post has been modified on Mar 22 , 2011 12:42:15 AM by   chaose5.

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm
    Destroyer in PVP.

Mar 23, 2011 5:45 am
    Sweet. Breaking Point works in pvp!

Signature

Mar 24, 2011 1:26 pm
    * 2 new video on destroyer solo dungeon added.

* 2 new video on barbarian solo dungeon added.
    This post has been modified on Mar 24 , 2011 01:36:58 PM by   chaose5.

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 7:23 am
    My Destroyer build:
    Warrior

Merc

Destroyer

I think I should elaborate more on the idea behind this build. It focuses on damage reduction.

I maxed taunting howl not for the aggro but for the attack reduction. I'm planning to get a crest to increase its duration by 50% which means I can permanently reduce 20% of mobs' of bosses' attack. By the way, so far no boss is immune to this taunt, not even the all mighty Frog.

Then I have this passive of 14% damage reduction. So, that makes it 34% damage reduction. Couple with flying swing or maelstorm howl will be 100% damage reduction.

In addition, I have 30% damage reduction when dashing. So, coupled with iron skin, again 100% damage reduction.

Not to forget devastating howl's 80% damage reduction which will also make it 100% damage reduction in total.

Please comment.
    This post has been modified on Mar 27 , 2011 10:36:18 PM by   sync08.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 27, 2011 8:14 am
      No stomp O_O ?!

And why get impact wave, but not rising slash ?
      This post has been modified on Mar 27 , 2011 08:42:11 AM by   Macchikins.

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 9:16 am
      Quote:
      No stomp O_O ?!

And why get impact wave, but not rising slash ?
      This post has been modified on Mar 27 , 2011 08:42:11 AM by   Macchikins.

The image in teh skill simulated is incorrect. The skill description of the impact wave logo is that of rising slash.

Yes, no stomp. I would like to get whirlwind or at least up to circle swing. However, skill point is tight. Any suggestion on where I should cut?

Mar 27, 2011 10:17 am
      Well, personally, I would cut taunt.

It's a skill I never find myself using. If there's a time when you need to attract aggro, it's ussually a time when a pala is nearby to do a better job at it.

I'd keep it at level one, for pvp purposes. I'd also get stomp to level 10 (for the 40% movement speed debuff) and get level 1 demolition fist for pvp purposes. The problem with my build is that you won't be able to get battle howl .

Also, you should really considering leveling up rolling attack. It becomes quite powerful at higher levels.

Here's what my build looks like:

I'm not quite sure how to improve it either @_@...

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 11:10 am
      Hmm, lvl 7 is really attractive but the damage is still low compared to other classes' major attacking skills. I was attracted to the 20% damage reduction of taunting howl and the duration increment of 1 s per level but before I knew it, it took up 44 points.....sad.....

As for your build, I would suggest you to at least get 1 level on circle swing if you like pvp. Circle swing is a must for pvp to bring people back down from the air.

Mar 27, 2011 11:16 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by sync08
      Hmm, lvl 7 is really attractive but the damage is still low compared to other classes' major attacking skills. I was attracted to the 20% damage reduction of taunting howl and the duration increment of 1 s per level but before I knew it, it took up 44 points.....sad.....

As for your build, I would suggest you to at least get 1 level on circle swing if you like pvp. Circle swing is a must for pvp to bring people back down from the air.

I know....but the SP constraint won't let me @_@...it's either silence, or swing circle.

As for rolling attack, although the damage may be lower than other classes, we now have breaking point to boost it. I predict that rolling attack may very well become one of the most deadly things in pvp soon (if breaking point actives when it is used).

Of course, in due time as the sp limitation becomes less tight, rolling attack might be replaced by whirlwind as the preferred attack to use during the activation of breaking point.
      This post has been modified on Mar 27 , 2011 11:22:58 AM by   Macchikins.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm
        Both of you max your MAX MP passive.

Is this neccessary?

I think you could just stop at the bare minimum (lv2)  to get the max MP regen.

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 2:44 pm
        There isn't anything more useful to put it in...

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 6:53 pm
        Quote:
        There isn't anything more useful to put it in...

Very true.

Mar 27, 2011 7:55 pm
        The future of Merc pvp...will piss many people off indeed:

http://bbs.52pk.com/read.php?tid=3294929

Signature

Mar 27, 2011 10:08 pm
        I don't think whirlwind will ever be the main damage dealer in PvP. It is only 8-10hits and the damage per hit is not really exceptional. The only reason to get it is for boss fights -- 38hits.

Rolling attack will always be the main damage dealer in PvP because it is very safe to cast as you are invincible while in the air and can be easily chained into your combo.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 27, 2011 11:00 pm
          Added description to my Destroyer build.

Mar 28, 2011 12:43 am
          Haha, taunting merc is a creative build with various damage reduction buff/debuff.

It give merc crucial roles in the Sea Dragon Nest (SDN) party:

* protect dps char with high superarmor break skill, for example in SDN stage 2 and 4 (shadow).
          * protect dps with panic howl (reduce phy dmg), for example in SDN stage 2, 4 (cerberus), 5 (bull),  6 (Tamon) are all phy based bosses.
          * draw aggro with max taunting howl (in case the paladin is down or do not have max provoke).
          * boost dps with battle howl (inc crit rate, faint rate and phy attack).
          * reduce attack with taunting+ devastating howl (100% damage reduction),
          * prevent death with highland
          * flying swing, circle bomber and punishing swing allow them to deal damage from far in sea dragon battle.
          * remove berserk status on Tamon at SND stage 6.
          * protect themselves from dieing with damage reduction from maelstorm howl, charging (crest boosted damage reduction), iron skin, panic howl, flying swing.

I think you should post the build in chinese forum, and promote a supporting merc build in the chinese community.
          This post has been modified on Mar 28 , 2011 12:52:39 AM by   chaose5.

Signature

Mar 28, 2011 8:26 am
          You should really dump taunt though. I might be wrong, but taunting reduces the attack power of attacks, it doesn't increase your defence. The other moves however, raise your defence. It won't work .

Signature

Quick Reply:Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »