Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Mar 19, 2011 7:03 pm
But in one video, I saw it was triggered when the merc was casting typhoon. But it triggered once and then went into cd which means most like it is one of the many hits of typhoon. So, basically it is useless.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 19, 2011 7:08 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync08
But in one video, I saw it was triggered when the merc was casting typhoon. But it triggered once and then went into cd which means most like it is one of the many hits of typhoon. So, basically it is useless.

You're talking about heat-combo right?

Also, damn...taunting howl adds more taunt now.

I hate how now we need disenchanting howl at level 10 to do anything. This is ridiculous...it's going to cost a lot of sp, about 46, compared to the 26 sp we need to reach a similar effect now. The worst part is level 10 is probably the max level.

This is a nerf...[SMILE=s33]
This post has been modified on Mar 19 , 2011 07:14:09 PM by   Macchikins.

Signature

Macchi: Level 50 Barbarian

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2011 2:36 am
    Yes, I am talking about heat combo.

Regarding disenchanting howl, most likely I will not max it. It is no longer special and we need not max it because acro has silence now and FU have steal magic for removing buff. So, I'll probably get it to 6s silence then stop it there. And, the taunting howl is attractive now, look at the cd and effect duration.....There's a crest which give 50% effect duration... that means I can perma taunt.

Some thoughts on Barbarian
    The bone break effect, if it works, imagine how you will increase the party's dps.(not ours as we do not have many multi-hit skills). Imagine, time accelerate, acro's accelerate.......70 dmg per hit is madness. Keep in mind that bone break is spammable and proabably there will be a crest which increases the effect's duration or reduces its cd.

As for Destroyer
    Break point has to work on all bosses, it not the class would be crippled.
    This post has been modified on Mar 20 , 2011 02:38:09 AM by   sync08.

Mar 20, 2011 5:41 am
    But that's the duration and cool-down for level 12. Once again, it requires that we spend a much larger amount of sp to make the skill useful.

The reason  I say this is a nerf is because we get less for more. We spend more sp, but get less benefits, as we get (relatively) the same boosts.

This is enough to break builds. To be effective we would need to spend great amounts of sp on howl skills (more than before), and will be unable to use sp as we were able to before: to level important skills for combat.

We'd have to forgo important skills, to get decent benefits from howl skills. Geez. Even if we don't need to max them, I'm speculating that the skills have been redesigned in a way that will force us to.

Also, I predict that Destroyer will be a howl-based class. It seems as though there is a skill-tree following maelstrom howl. I don't think I'd be too off saying it is a howl based skill-tree or a debuff/buff based skill-tree.

Hopefully, we get some more ex- skills too.

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 6:19 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macchikins
    I hope so...

Edit: The video of the destroyer soloing Cerb was beautiful...am I wrong or did Breaking Point activate and work during the battle with the nest boss?

I think he still got super crits, I just think that the super armor breaking aspect of the skill doesn't work on final nest bosses.
    This post has been modified on Mar 19 , 2011 08:40:09 AM by   Macchikins.

Wierd.. I watched the video (destroyer solo cere) and I see that the breaking point really is breaking cerby's superarmor.

3:09,  3:31, 3:46, 4:00, 4:05, 4:15 etc etc..

Sometimes it stuns sometimes it don't but the dog is clearly flinching and its attacks are being stopped.

Signature

Guild Member: TheLoosers
    Class: Destroyer
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Brokengamer?feature=mhee
    Mar 20, 2011 6:29 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Quote:
    I hope so...

Edit: The video of the destroyer soloing Cerb was beautiful...am I wrong or did Breaking Point activate and work during the battle with the nest boss?

I think he still got super crits, I just think that the super armor breaking aspect of the skill doesn't work on final nest bosses.
    This post has been modified on Mar 19 , 2011 08:40:09 AM by   Macchikins.

Wierd.. I watched the video (destroyer solo cere) and I see that the breaking point really is breaking cerby's superarmor.

3:09,  3:31, 3:46, 4:00, 4:05, 4:15 etc etc..

Sometimes it stuns sometimes it don't but the dog is clearly flinching and its attacks are being stopped.

Mercs do not need break point to break cerberus's armor......We will know if it works when people test it on apocalypse.

Mar 20, 2011 6:31 am
    Quote:
    But that's the duration and cool-down for level 12. Once again, it requires that we spend a much larger amount of sp to make the skill useful.

The reason  I say this is a nerf is because we get less for more. We spend more sp, but get less benefits, as we get (relatively) the same boosts.

This is enough to break builds. To be effective we would need to spend great amounts of sp on howl skills (more than before), and will be unable to use sp as we were able to before: to level important skills for combat.

We'd have to forgo important skills, to get decent benefits from howl skills. Geez. Even if we don't need to max them, I'm speculating that the skills have been redesigned in a way that will force us to.

Also, I predict that Destroyer will be a howl-based class. It seems as though there is a skill-tree following maelstrom howl. I don't think I'd be too off saying it is a howl based skill-tree or a debuff/buff based skill-tree.

Hopefully, we get some more ex- skills too.

You do not know Mercs's history. Normally, the developer will nerf mercs a lot then boost it back abit. So, in the end, you are nerfed. I'm happy as long as they don't nerf it too much. Haha.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2011 6:50 am
      All I'm saying is it ultimately screws up build-planning. I'm not claiming it's going to kill mercs in the long-run (when more SP will be available) but it will limit what they can do with a level 50 level cap. Having to invest up to 20 more skill points into a skill just to get a similar effect just sounds a bit extreme to me.

I'm not doubting what you say. You're probably right.

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 7:26 am

Mercs do not need break point to break cerberus's armor......We will know if it works when people test it on apocalypse.

But it would have been worse without it.  It can't be "Coincedence" that the dog is flinching 98% of the time the skill is activated. Since apoc and cerb are both nest bosses, regardless if apoc has higher delay resist (since nothing in the skill description is related to "delay") for this skill not to work on apoc would be just plain stupid. *crosses fingers* it works on apoc and all bosses.

Im "hoping" the devs of this game are not dumb enough as you think they are... even though every time I see the obvious imbalance on this game *cough* FU *cough* pally.. makes me think otherwise..

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 7:40 am
      Annnd, you haven't fought a SM yet?

lol.

Synch has been through a lot as a merc, he was here during the time when mercs were at their peak. If he's doubtful of it working on other nest bosses, then there's a good reason to be.

The bright side is that after the patch, weaker nests like Cerb give exp. So merc will definitely have a comfy little spot in the metagame.

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am
      Quote:
      Annnd, you haven't fought a SM yet?

lol.

Synch has been through a lot as a merc, he was here during the time when mercs were at their peak. If he's doubtful of it working on other nest bosses, then there's a good reason to be.

The bright side is that after the patch, weaker nests like Cerb give exp. So merc will definitely have a comfy little spot in the metagame.

lol... Im not talking about pvp and I quit the game before the dark sm's were developed. But I too have been playing merc since the old days. Everyone deserves respect.. you just don't lol on someone elses post without giving a valid reasons just because you are a fan of someone's "hunch"

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 8:12 am
      Umm, aren't you being a bit presumptuous here?

I never said you weren't from the old days, nor was I adamant about disrespecting you. I cited Synch as a reliable resource because he has been playing merc for a long time and still is. This alone makes him a more reliable source of information that you are, even if you did play during the old days. It's hardly fair to say I'm just a fan of someone's hunch, if you ask me you're the one being disrespectful here.

Besides, I think you're awfully quick to offence, I didn't say a thing that was offensive, yet you took it as such.

Ask yourself these questions:

-How was I supposed to know you quit?
      -Why are you posting here if you did quit?
      -Why do you think I am only referring to pvp?
      -Why should your opinion be valid if you quit a long time ago?

I think you need to calm down.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2011 8:34 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ultralisk

But it would have been worse without it.  It can't be "Coincedence" that the dog is flinching 98% of the time the skill is activated. Since apoc and cerb are both nest bosses, regardless if apoc has higher delay resist (since nothing in the skill description is related to "delay") for this skill not to work on apoc would be just plain stupid. *crosses fingers* it works on apoc and all bosses.

Im "hoping" the devs of this game are not dumb enough as you think they are... even though every time I see the obvious imbalance on this game *cough* FU *cough* pally.. makes me think otherwise..

Apo's superarmor bar is infinte....That's the difference with other nest bosses...So, lets wait for people test it on apo before jumping to any conclusion.

So, you were around before T3 is it? Ahhh, remeber the good old days of overpowered mercs(in pvp at least)....We used to have a guild member who can pawn lvl 32 players when he was at lvl 24. Haha....
        This post has been modified on Mar 20 , 2011 08:39:11 AM by   sync08.

Mar 20, 2011 8:54 am
        Quote:
        All I'm saying is it ultimately screws up build-planning. I'm not claiming it's going to kill mercs in the long-run (when more SP will be available) but it will limit what they can do with a level 50 level cap. Having to invest up to 20 more skill points into a skill just to get a similar effect just sounds a bit extreme to me.

I'm not doubting what you say. You're probably right.

Quite true. It will be more challenging to distribute your skill point. Currently, I maxed all the buffs and that resulted in me only able to go down two skill line instead of three. So, for this new tree, most likely I wont' be able to do the same. LIke I said before, I'm going to cut disenchanting howl's level and invest in other skills. Devastating Howl will need anotehr 4 points.....I'm still considering taunting howl, lvl 12 is abit demanding.....I wonder if we can increase iron skin's level more. If so, then I will need more points in the skill]...Furthermore, you need to bring either stomp or flying swing to lvl 11 to learn the corresponding EX version. It will be tough espeically for you, Macchi, who has both whirlwind and bomb skill.  Nevertheless, we have an extra 100 points to play around with. It will be interesting,...And I'm still thinking which one to choose, Barbarian or Destroyer.......

Mar 20, 2011 9:06 am
        Really?

I thought it would be more difficult for you. You have to rework your build completely, and if you choose to go Barbarian, you'll have to get a new weapon.

I don't mind sacrificing Whirlwind right now. I'm going Destroyer. My new build will be part support, so it should look something like this

-Maxed Flying Swing and Flying Swing Ex
        -Maxed Stomp
        -Maxed Rolling Attack
        -Maxed Iron Skin
        -Maxed Panic and Battle Howl

That alone should take up most of my SP.

The remainder will be invested in Devastating Howl and Disenchanting howl.

I'll post a build once the skill simulators are updated. I think the basic idea of how to build a merc is still the same: keep one or two heavy hitting skills, and focus the rest on debuffs/survival skills. Since we use basic attacks to keep our enemy combo'd until our cool-downs are up, whether or not we have access to the opposing tree won't make much of a difference.

If you go Barb, you'd probably max Whirlwind and the preceding skill instead. The only bright side with the howl skills, is that the useful ones don't have any outrageous pre-requisites. That's what I'm exited for: more buffs.

Also, I would think that now of all times would be a good idea to start collecting dimensional fragments. The second class heraldry is going to cost a lot of them.

Besides, if my hunch is right, Maelstrom Howl might be able to float enemies which are on the ground. Which would be awesome.
        This post has been modified on Mar 20 , 2011 09:08:33 AM by   Macchikins.

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 11:03 am
        Yes, maelstorm howl does send mobs and players flying but not bosses.

And you are also correct on me having to rework my build.....They dismantle the whole howl tree....Getting a weapon is not a problem as I need to change weapon once I reach lvl 50. So, weapon cost is not a factor.

I haven't decided on which path to take yet but I'm leaning towards destroyer. I want the 70% dmg reduction.

Mar 20, 2011 3:18 pm
        Hi, ultralisk. How have you been?

Have not seen you around in forum for some time.

As sync and macchi pointed out earlier, the superarmor of cerberus is VERY easily broken after T3. Its superarmor is indeed significantly weaker than apocalypse.

Really need to test the effect on apoc to see if the skill  really works (send the superarmor bar to 0 instantly)

We will see all those very soon when the server go public in korea next week.
        This post has been modified on Mar 20 , 2011 03:19:42 PM by   chaose5.

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
        Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
        Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2011 6:15 pm
          Hmmm, according to the other thread detailing information that has been added in the update. All skills will now be affected by elemental attributes, and also have the chance (as prefixes on items) to add special effects.

There will also be new elemental weapons introduced.

This is going to benefit merc (as well as the other classes) greatly. Time to start saving for a new elemental weapon. Pleasebefirepleasebefirepleasebefirepleasebefire.

Signature

Mar 20, 2011 8:06 pm
          I want the slow and freeze effect of Elementalist...

Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sync08
          I want the slow and freeze effect of Elementalist...

So you can show Snow how it feels?

Signature

Quick Reply:Mercenary Tier 3 Job - Barbarian & Destroyer

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »