Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Do you want to smell inside VR?

Do you want to smell inside VR?

Jul 4, 2017 11:56 pm
It is reported that a Japanese invention, Vaqso will soon allow VR device wearers to smell like in real life.

Vaqso, the small device will clip to the bottom of a Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or PlayStation VR and emit an odor that is pushed towards the wearer's nose using a tiny fan that will adapt to the intensity of the smell that the wearer should be getting. There are already investors who want to bring Vaqso to life. Business Insider reports that Vaqso has raised some $600,000 in a seed round from Japanese venture capital firm Weru Investment. The Tokyo-based team behind Vaqso say they want to work with advertisers as well as movie and game companies to create specific smells for products.

Whether the investors like it or not, in my opinion, Vaqso seems to be another odd Japanese invention, just think about the umbrella. Crazy brilliant Japanese, are they?

Actually, I just don't want to smell the fart inside VR when Vaqso is finally available. What do you think about this Japanese new invention?

Source: uploadvr

[ The post was edited by shelthrst at Jul 5, 2017 7:15 pm ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 5, 2017 4:26 pm
What the. How does that even work? o-0
I think it's a pretty cool idea but should be an add-on feature.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 5, 2017 5:02 pm
    hope your all get mutated by chemical creating the smell

Jul 6, 2017 1:21 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/2/20170704/Do_you_want_to_smell_inside_VR-595c8db849b69bc13-1.html#p595d759e758803]1#[/url] [i]Meito_Sky[/i][/b] [br] [br]they stink of sweatyness after a little use ,its all a waste of time ,go out you irl newbie !

Jul 25, 2017 1:50 pm
    Ugh. Yuck! Who would want to smell that?
    I remember the saying:" Luckily there's no television with a smelling app yet."
    So I wouldn't want a smelling device now, especially not with such an "outcome".

The umbrella is pretty cool though!

Aug 16, 2017 5:02 am
    nooo, I don't think that's necessary, especially if you are playing a horror game

Quick Reply:Do you want to smell inside VR?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »