Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Will you wait for China's live-action Contra movie?

Will you wait for China's live-action Contra movie?

May 10, 2017 3:50 am
The long-running Konami shooter Contra will have a live-action movie in China.

The official synopsis goes like:

“In 1988, a huge meteorite lands on an uninhabited island in the South China Sea. Chen Qiang and Li Zhiyong investigate but come up empty handed. 29 years later, Chen sends commandos Bill and Lance into a combat mission there to neutralize the villainous Red Falcon Organization, but end up facing a different enemy altogether.”

There's only one short teaser currently:

The movie will be released in 2019. It was one of three scripts by Beijing Starlit Movie and TV Culture approved by China’s film bureau this month. Judging from the synopsis, it's likely that this won't be an interesting movie. What do you think? Will you wait for it?

[ The post was edited by shelthrst at May 10, 2017 8:39 pm ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 11, 2017 4:45 am
I do think China still do good in movies thought. They put a lot of effects, although it is sometimes kinda irritating, it's still considerable.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

May 11, 2017 1:38 pm
    was a huge fan of the Contra games during my childhood ages so even if the movie turned out to be a flop I'd still give it a watch, though I would of been happier to of heard about a new Contra game releasing in 2019 instead.

May 12, 2017 1:01 am
    Yes Exactly :D

Signature

May 19, 2017 1:58 am

China's culture and everthing is shown in their films.Their languages,costumes etc. Kerala  holidayso  package  like this pos so much.

May 19, 2017 7:11 am
    Can't open, too bad :(

Signature

Quick Reply:Will you wait for China's live-action Contra movie?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »