Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Would you like to support this guy?

Would you like to support this guy?

Apr 7, 2017 2:06 am
Hayden Else is a radio announcer for Australian company NOVA Entertainment. He is blind in one eye, and legally blind in the other. He can’t see far in front of him and struggles with hand-eye coordination. When it comes to playing traditional games on a screen, he can’t observe a lot of the detail that a developer has put into the world, and may not be able to tell what objects and items are.

You might think blind people would have little use for VR headsets. But the fact is quite different. Not only does Hayden Else own a HTC Vive, he also made a VR game - Mech Skeleton, which was released last month.

Mech Skeleton is a first person shooter. It uses arm swinging locomotion, keeping you on your toes with fast paced action. It took Hayden Else seven months to develop the game. He avoided the usual user interface elements, voicing all necessary information and using different beeps and tones to feed the player data. Honestly, the game does not seems like a top-notch VR shooter, but it is already good enough for a blind developer.

Mech Skeleton is available now on Steam. Give it a try if you're interested in experiencing the world created by a blind developer.

Source: uploadvr

[ The post was edited by shelthrst at Apr 7, 2017 2:16 am ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Apr 9, 2017 2:14 am
This guy is awesome. I wish him the very best and I would defenitely support him

MMOsite Special Offer

May 12, 2017 1:08 am
    This guy is the coolest. Yes I will support him :D

Signature

Quick Reply:Would you like to support this guy?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »