Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Blade and Soul VS. Revelation, Which One Will You Choose?

Blade and Soul VS. Revelation, Which One Will You Choose?

Jan 27, 2015 12:55 am
Edit
1. Blade and Soul
2. Revelation
Details
Revelation's CBT has been available for some time, according to players' feedback, Revelation seems to be quite successful on this CBT period. Once Revelation came out, there were a lot of comments on the comparison between Blade and Soul and Revelation. Why do people always tend to put these two games together? Let me tell you their similarities and differences.

I think mostly it's because that they're both Asian fantasy MMOs, their graphics are similar - both good-looking. Both of them have the plan of conquering overseas market and maybe they will release NA/EU in two years(personally calculation). So I think those are the important reasons for the comparison of them. To get a further understanding of them, we can choose some of their gaming features to compare.

Customization

Emmm, Revelation and Blade and Soul are both famous for their customization, this feature makes them stand out from many fantasy MMO. Here are some screenshots of their customization.

Blade and Soul's Shaman Customization

Revelation's female customization

On the basis of players' comments via some Chinese forums, we can learn that Revelation's customization is a little more complicated than Blade and Soul's. Revelation's focuses more on details, and Blade and Soul's appears more like real people. But in my opinion, their customizations are mainly the same. Though Revelation is developed on their own engine called BingBang, but the graphic just looks like Unreal Engine 3(which Blade and Soul is using). Comparing to other style MMOs such as Black Desert, the customization of Revelation and Blade and Soul is a little cute.

Fashions

Fantasy MMOs always use fashions to attract players' eyes. Revelation and Blade and Soul are no exception. The screenshots of their fashions below may help us know more about their fashion style.

Blade and Soul:

Revelation:

Maybe Revelation is based on mixed space-time worldview, so their fashion style is quite various. But I think Revelation's is still a traditional oriental style. And Blade and Soul's is more modern and fashionable than Revelation's.

ChingKung System

We've learnt much about the ChingKung system of Blade and Soul and Revelation. And the biggest difference of their ChingKung system is that Revelation has the Wings and Mounts system but Blade and Soul hasn't.

Blade and Soul:

Revelation:

Though Blade and Soul's ChingKung system makes us feel that there are air walls everywhere, but it ensure the quality of its graphics...So, the next feature we're gonna talk about is the graphics.

Graphics

These two fantasy MMO both have perfect graphics. But when we set to the highest graphic resolution, we find that Revelation's graphic is not as exquisite as Blade and Soul's.

Blade and Soul

Revelation

Storyline

Many MMOs fail in storylines, even most of them just ignore the storyline part when they're designing a game. But Blade and Soul does well. Each of its new expansion always gives us a surprise in the part of its storyline.

For the reason of its worldview, Revelation's storyline is quite insipid. But it's still on the period of closed beta, maybe it will improve their storyline telling in the future.

NA/EU Server Launch Date

As I've mentioned at the beginning, these two Asian MMOs both have overseas release plans. And it's the biggest thing that we concern most.

But I don't know whether Blade and Soul will come sooner than Revelation. And both of their official don't give us any exact date of NA/EU server's launch. But thx my last post in this forum, it seems that I get the reply of Blade and Soul official. Here's the screenshot of it.

Since Revelation is still on the period of closed beta testing, and Blade and Soul is recruiting staffs for its NA/EU server in silence, perhaps Blade and Soul will come earlier. I think it's also hard to say whether they will arrive in NA/EU this year. So they can only be on our highly anticipated list...sadly.

Besides, Revelation's social system and community have more fun than Blade and Soul's.

Above are all my thoughts of the comparison of Blade and Soul and Revelation, if I omitted some controversial features of them, you can add them and leave you comments below.

So, which one will you choose? Blade and Soul or Revelation? I'd like to know.

[ The post was edited by _Phoebe at Jan 27, 2015 2:30 am ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 27, 2015 1:25 am
Blade and Soul equipment strengthen vs Revelation Online strengthen
Blade and soul you need to buy cash shop item to make 100% success , while Revelation Online you can make 100% success just put in the number of material need to strengthen. Revelation Online also allow you transfer your equipment straighten  to other, example if i have lv 37 and it +8, you can pass to lv 49 item and +8 it. so it save the cost alot.

Blade and Soul dungeon vs Revelation Online dungeon
Blade and soul seem have alot more dungeon to play compare with Revelation, but Revelation dungeon seem alot more harder than Blade and Soul. One of the improve that Revelation Online can make is more dungeon to play.

Blade and Soul Life Skill vs Revelation Online Life Skill
Blade and Soul you can only choose 2 harvest jobs and 2 crafting jobs, In revelation you can do alll and it alot more life skill Job to play. I can't wait to see farming and pet system in Revelation Online, i hope they will make play own house in future and adaption children, marriage NPC or even player.

Blade and Soul VIP system  vs Revelation Online VIP system
Blade and Soul you can just buy any character with VIP and it will affect all character in your account. However, In Revelation Online. you can the VIP only for 1 character, not by account.

Blade and Soul Guild System / Guild War   vs Revelation Online Guild System /Guild War
Blade and Soul Guild system is heavy depend of fraction side and Revelation Online did not. Blade and  Soul Guild War(决战岛) player can abuse it as blue fraction donate spirit (灵气) to red fraction and cheat to enter the island (决战岛).In Revelation Online is by Guild and Guild and ally with other guild in the war automatic in the system itself.

Blade and Soul Guild system did not show log , Revelation Online show the log and when the last login etc. Blade and Soul can allow any rank member invite other people to join, if it set by the Guild Leader, But In Revelation Online it only can have 5 member able to invite player to join. Revelation Online itself have a system alot join guild by searching guild list in the game itself.

Blade and Soul friend list system  vs Revelation Online friend list system
Again Blade and Soul is add the Account ID as friend, But Revelation is add the character only, meaning you can't see your friend other character.

Blade and Soul game smooth  vs Revelation Online game smooth
Blade and soul is very lag for me as if you have 50+ player you already lag, However Revelation Online you won't feel lag even 200+ player.

For pvp i can't judge yet, never tried Revelation Online PVP.
Conclusion: I like Revelation most, so far i only like Blade and Soul compare Revelation Online is more dungeon and the friend list/VIP  system is affect by account rather than character.

[ The post was edited by ClarisNg at Jan 27, 2015 1:56 am ]

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage:http://www.freedomplays.com/
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/chaose5
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chaose5

Revelation Fb group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/RevelationOnline/
Revelation QQ: 426312460
YY:10268410

Server:岩锤烽烟

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 27, 2015 1:35 am
    New mmo vs old mmo? really?

Jan 27, 2015 1:38 am
    Reply 1#  ClarisNg

Thx Claris!

Jan 27, 2015 2:08 am
    There is a fundamental difference between the end-game PVE content for BnS and Revelation.

Revelation combat system is based the conventional Tanker - Healer - DPS system. A typical party consists of 5-members, which have to perform their specific roles properly to clear dungeon. This system by default, promotes tight cooperation between party members.

Blade & Soul, however, doesn't really attach an exclusive and indispensable role to a class.  There is no healer class.. Well, certain classes can function as tanker, lifter, buffer etc, but there is no absolute necessity to clear high level dungeons with specific classes. This makes party composition more flexible and easy.

These 2 systems have their pros and cons... i believe that players' preference to one of the system would determine the choice over these 2 games. :D

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Jan 27, 2015 2:19 am ]

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Jan 27, 2015 2:14 am
    Wow~~ Good Job!
    BTW, I still think BNS is better. :P

Welcome to find me in 网通一区 咆哮寺院
    I'm now in the guild "Freedom"!  XD

Signature

My Skype: liang_yiqing (bearface)
    Feel free to find me there. ┏ (゜ω゜)=☞

Jan 27, 2015 2:20 am
    Whichever comes here first. You can hype them all you want, but it's all pointless if you can't play them with good ping.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 27, 2015 2:33 am
      Reply 4#  chaose5

thx chaose!

Jan 27, 2015 2:59 am
      Reply 6#  Volstgulf

danm i totally agree with you man

Jan 27, 2015 4:45 am
      I've played both games my self, B&S is fun for its PvE gameplay; the PvP is possibly one of the worst simply due to its combat system and class balance along with the fact that a lot of B&S gameplay involves a ton of grapple style moves, so after your 1 or potentially 2 CC breakers depending on the class you are, you're basically screwed to get hit by these attacks over and over again due to the insane long cooldown of the breakers.

Also what chaose5 said about the dungeon thing and not needing specific classes in a dungeon, while I did like that you can just join into any party as any class and simply depend on your own skills as opposed to tanking and healing, what that seems to do is have watered down PvE content because the bosses can only do so much in terms of being a challenge and in some cases, it enables those dungeons to be fully solo-able. While that's nice and all, I just feel that the trinity is still existent in games to this day for a good reason, that being you can pump out much more challenging and co-operative gameplay than in games without the trinity.

Revelation from the bit I've played so far I see having a bigger success rate over B&S, the combat is solid and very fluid with a combination of none and target based gameplay (think of GW2 basically, lots of similarities), it makes for great PvE also considering the fact that there's a dedicated healer in the game which alone attracts people to play, then there's the PvP gameplay which I can also see being fun just because of the combat system and skills.

Personally I'm more looking forward to a EU/NA Revelation release over B&S for the reasons I've said, I'll also go for gameplay over pure eyecandy (B&S) because eye candy only lasts so long before you can't be bothered to log on due to nothing to do.

Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am
      Seriously? BNS is AAA MMO and Revelation is "Chinese fake" Despite the fact that its already 2015 year the game looks worse then BNS witch mean they are using really old engine. Combat system is also very poor. Dodge and hit, no deep combo or counter attack system. The only real thing about Revelation is that it's a new game. And I must say Revelation become personal hype game of mmosite.

Black Desert already dead, Asker feels too small, Bless can't propose a damn thing except graphics. Skyforge is just garbage that someone forget to throw away. Lost Ark is 50/50 because of Diablo style. I'm not saying that people won't play this games, but it's only few weeks worth experience.

[ The post was edited by Vitriks at Jan 27, 2015 7:14 am ]

Jan 27, 2015 7:00 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by Vitriks at Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am
      Seriously? BNS is AAA MMO and Revelation is "Chinese fake" Despite the fact that is already 2015, year the game looks worse then BNS witch mean they are using really old engine. Combat system is also very poor. Dodge and hit, no deep combo or counter attack system. The only real thing about Revelation is that it's a new game. And I must say Revelation become personal hype game of mmosite.

Black Desert already dead, Asker feels too small, Bless can't propose a damn thing except graphics. Skyforge is just garbage that someone forget to throw away. Lost Ark is 50/50 because of Diablo style. I'm not saying that people won't play this games, but it's only few weeks worth experience.     
      I'm sorry what? all you sounded like when I read all that, was some overly-cynical short reviewer on everything with a long story short version of everything, those being "I hate everything", "everything sucks and everything will be dead within a week", some people like your self have got to a point where you're so insanely spoiled by specific styles of gameplay and graphics over the years that now you just don't like anything and have instead turned bitter towards everything, which if anything is quite sad.

You point out that in revelation you can dodge and still get hit, now since I've only played the CN version and lag is playing a huge part in detecting my movement and I don't even know if revelation has i-frames with the dodge, all I will say is this, games like wildstar had an amazing combat system and had an active dodge that was mainly used for moving quickly in 1 direction with no i-frame, as opposed to something like guildwars2 where your dodge didn't move you any faster forward than when you ran, but what it did do was let you i-frame everything in between, so simply saying that getting hit when you dodge and damage not being magically nullified doesn't make it poor gameplay at all.

Have you actually played B&S? if so how much? (I also say this because you seem to think that B&S has a deep combo and counter attack system, when it really, really doesn't at all, if you call pressing 1 button and the rest of the skills come up as a spammable button to do the rest for you, followed by QTE grapples then...I just don't even.) also what is it that apparently makes revelation a "chinese fake"? further more what does that even mean?, you also say Black Desert is dead...no, it isn't, it's not even been released down here so please take your dooms day horn somewhere else, I'm not gonna bother commenting on anything else nor respond because sometimes people like your self on these forums are just a complete and total waste of internet space.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 27, 2015 7:35 am
        2 Tony259, It's like you don't have any experience at all. For players like you, Revelation is perfect choice. If you played games like Swordsman or Dragon Sword you would understand what I'm talking about. I'm just tired of willingly take every garbage that mmo market is offering. We are at the point where there even nothing to wait.

About BNS, I played this game from second Korean CBT.

Jan 27, 2015 7:40 am
        ... this is worthless... why are you comparing to a shitty ass clone of blade and soul and also chinese people arent F**King creative at all man they steal everything man they think they are in the top in gaming so much browser type games F**King greedy ass F**Kers who just want the money and not entertainment this is a versus meant to be lost and be won by NCSoft korean game companies in General are the best at mmo gaming creativity Korea and Japan is where is at and in the minor note the US

Jan 27, 2015 7:40 am
        From what i was told on Revelation's Facebook site when i messaged them is that they are working really hard on getting out in NA this year some time.

Jan 27, 2015 9:27 am
        i'll choose the first one that releases in EU

Jan 27, 2015 10:22 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by Vitriks at Jan 27, 2015 7:35 am
        2 Tony259, It's like you don't have any experience at all. For players like you, Revelation is perfect choice. If you played games like Swordsman or Dragon Sword you would understand what I'm talking about. I'm just tired of willingly take every garbage that mmo market is offering. We are at the point where there even nothing to wait.

About BNS, I played this game from second Korean CBT.     

I've been playing MMOs since "Legend of Mir", so I have more than enough experience to realize that, again, you're simply spoiled by what "once was", and seem to just auto-hate on anything new and/or similar to what's already out which is pretty damn stupid of a mind set to have, the fact that so many people these days can just start thinking a game is terrible well before it's even released for us to play is laughable at best.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 27, 2015 1:57 pm
          None. By the time they come to west i'll be long dead.

Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm
          First one out wins the battle. The one that makes me stay wins the war.

Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm
          Reply 16#  Tony259

+Like to you Tony :)

Quick Reply:Blade and Soul VS. Revelation, Which One Will You Choose?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »