Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Things to make grinding less boring

Things to make grinding less boring

Jul 4, 2011 10:41 am
Well lately I started playing Eden eternal abit, and to level up the classes you must grind abit.
As the topic says, what are the things that makes your grinding less boring? Unless if you enjoy grinding. o.o
For me the obvious ones as always is listening to music, it actually takes the whole boredom out from my grinding, talking bout that I better update my playlist soon, some song bores me there so. <_>
Then chatting/talking in MSN,Skype,in game or vent those gets my attention off. As I focus in talking, the grinding in the game just works as background as something I just do as I talk.

Those should be the best possible things for me to do to get off my attention from the grinding, apart from those, a break is a good one also :P

And you people? Mind sharing me some unique ways to make grinding fun?lol

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 4, 2011 2:43 pm
I've heard that Eden Eternal is very grindy after 35 lol. Normally i just listen to music that's kinda fast pace. Try listening to online radios as well and i guess chatting on Skype isn't too bad either.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 4, 2011 4:33 pm
    partying seems to help me deal with the grind a bit. of course, raids that provide a massive amount of exp are the best though. less work, great rewards.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
    Jul 4, 2011 10:46 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by ~Zephyra~ at Jul 4, 2011 2:43 pmI've heard that Eden Eternal is very grindy after 35 lol. Normally i just listen to music that's kinda fast pace. Try listening to online radios as well and i guess chatting on Skype isn't too bad either.     
    Well game has been out for about 1month (?) And theres quite many on the character level gap so. But of course, leveling up class is the grindy part, because when you do quest you just get character experience, class experience must kill things <_<

But what I've heard from a guildie who is lvl 47 (50 is the max) and he gets 2-3% in 5 min, so it's not that bad I guess. Knowing how many grindy games there actually is.

Signature

Jul 5, 2011 11:39 am
    no matter what i do i simply cant handle grinding 1 day or more just to gain one lvl is a complete waste of time, the only way to keep me hooked in woth a grindfeast game would be with achivements, stuff to unlock etc but an awsome combat system + good drops to keep moral up can do miracles too

Jul 5, 2011 1:08 pm
    Mainly music here and chatting sometimes. In between grinds I play LoL.

Cheers.

Jul 5, 2011 1:44 pm
    Music helps me a lot, and having friends with me as well.
    Even counting enemies left for a self imposed achievement is good, or moving away frequently...
    Grind is always an odd thing however, and I really hope that someone out there will provide soon an alternative advancement system.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 5, 2011 3:57 pm
      Listen to audiobooks.
      Some of them take 10 hours or more. You can listening to stories while grinding and forget time.
      Look on audible.com

Or "listening" to tv in the background.

Jul 5, 2011 4:21 pm
      Haven't played it yet but I've seen lots of hype bout it... is it really that good?

Jul 6, 2011 3:50 am
      well imo, Catchy and fast paced Music definitly helps. i also find chatting with in-game friends and guildies great although it does slow down the grinding. personally i havent got to the stage of hard grinding considering i either quest for exp or grind cp with friends.

also i agree taking breaks are great since its good for your health and you feel more refresh if you decide to get up and take a walk around the house or something like so. for me, the most effective way is eating because chewing seems like you are occupied and feel less boring doing repeatative things. plus as you eat in small portions, you will eventually have to get up to get some more snack, thus giving you time to take a small break and get a breath of fresh air.

Jul 6, 2011 1:35 pm
      I have the solution to all your problems... don't play games that grind. XD But really, it helps to have someone watch you so you can talk to them. That always dose it for me.

Signature

~ARCTrooperBlaze
      Jul 6, 2011 11:54 pm
      I'd like listening to music and stop leveling and then talk with my friends in game for a while.

Signature

Editor in Shop & Volunteer & Answer: Abigale
      Email & MSN: community[at]mmosite.com
      Wanna be our moderator? Go to our volunteer center to check the open positions.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 7, 2011 9:50 pm
        I like to mix things up while grinding it seams to make it less boring, for example see how many monsters you can kill at once. Or see if you could do as good with another class. Grinding is used for more things than class exp, a good example is Guild Fame.

Signature

Lost Saga Forum Moderator
        Eden Eternal Moderator
        My website: http://www.lifeiswar.net
        My Blog
        My Youtube Channel
        Jul 8, 2011 9:54 pm
        If it's like a classic mmorpg like Flyff or Eden Eternal then I'll just watch youtube vids  (becuz it auto attks so no point for focusing but I gota make sure my class is like a tank-like). But if it's games like Vindictus or Dragon saga then yea music for me :P

Signature

Jul 9, 2011 3:57 am
        I usually grind while reading article... it is more fun for me :p

Jul 10, 2011 5:30 pm
        partying helps a lot, and also if it is fun, as not a boring grind

Jul 17, 2011 11:06 pm
        dunno

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 18, 2011 3:43 am

Jul 18, 2011 3:45 am
          MHM...

Signature