Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Cosmicbreak: anime theme robot girls MMO review.

Cosmicbreak: anime theme robot girls MMO review.

Dec 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Cosmic break

Cosmicbreak is an anime themed robot MMO made by cyberstep where players can customize their robots, fight in missions against bosses, explore planets looking for treasures or even fight against another players in arena.

Types of robots:

AIR robots:

Air robots, like the name say, specialize in battles from the air. They are fast and attack their enemies from the sky.

LND robots:

LND robots specialize in fight in the land, are fast and often use melee weapons for attack their target.

ART robots:

ART robots specialize in attack with many strong weapons, they have long range and strong weapons.

Support robots:

Support robots specialize in heal other units, something only support robots can do apart of give buffs to other robots that will help them in combat.

Gameplay:

Arcantus exploration:

Arcantus exploration consist in explore a planet, looking for treasures, robot parts and items that can be traded for game currency.

Quests:

Quests consist in gather keys for enter a map where a player can fight bosses for good rewards.

Missions:

Missions consist in explore many or just one planet defeating many enemies and bosses.

Epoch battle:

Epoch battle consist in battles between players, for gain areas for their respective unions.

Game features:

Robot customization:

Robot customization allows the player to change how his/her robot look. It doesn't affect the stats of the robot, its just for create an unique robot.

For example, this is a robot i created, making it look like an anime character:

Mates:

Mates are "characters" that have requests for the player and give them useful buffs in quests.

Map creation:

Map creation allows the player to make a custom map, that can be played by him and other players in a battle.

Store:

Store is a place where a player can buy robots, items, parts for cutomize their robots and other things.

Customization:

Customization allows the player to change the parts of a robot, changing their stats and weapons.

Robots with story:

All robots have an story, however, some of them are part of a "big update", which mean that they have a manga or an special game mission about their past.

Ivis:

Ivis is an old friend of crimrose, the "main character" of the game.

These are images of "sacrifice", an official manga made by cyberstep about ivis and crimrose story:

Ouka:

Ouka is a samurai girl that  looks for vengance against someone who caused her sadness in the past, there is an special mission about her defeating her enemy.

Not all robots are human girls, there are also male robots and "normal" robots:

This post has been modified on Dec 24 , 2010 01:36:49 PM by   azz331.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 20, 2010 3:28 pm
Too bad that they only seem to have female characters.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 20, 2010 3:30 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gsimenas

Like i said on the last part, there are male robots (the robot with purple hair in the first image is a male) and "normal robots" (not-human robots).

Unlike other games, in cosmicbreak you can have many "characters" (robots).
    This post has been modified on Dec 20 , 2010 03:36:12 PM by   azz331.

Dec 20, 2010 3:40 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azz331
    Quote:

Like i said on the last part, there are male robots (the robot with purple hair in the first image is a male) and "normal robots" (not-human robots).

Sorry, I must have missed that part while I was scrolling down the images. And that's a male? Quite hard to tell the difference.

Dec 20, 2010 5:27 pm
    What sort of items do they sell in their store and is it good value for the money?

Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

Sorry, I must have missed that part while I was scrolling down the images. And that's a male? Quite hard to tell the difference.

This is a bigger image of the male robot:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMoor
    What sort of items do they sell in their store and is it good value for the money?

Robots, parts for the robots, weapons for the robots, items (heal items for missions) and others.

Dec 21, 2010 5:57 am
    Finally an interesting thread, with bunch of pictures and explanations, gonna look it up when I'm done with my work-time :3

I'm kinda interested in this game...all the stuff you said in your comments about buncha characters and half-robots, full robots sound intriguing, but the game kinda seems ya know...outdated ?
    However, at the same time, thats the reason it interests me... Cause it strangely reminds me of Mega Man Legends style... the explosions, rockets, everything...

So I'm looking to give it a try...if it's half as good as MML, i'd play it for years.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 21, 2010 6:43 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cattoc_C
      Finally an interesting thread, with bunch of pictures and explanations, gonna look it up when I'm done with my work-time :3

I'm kinda interested in this game...all the stuff you said in your comments about buncha characters and half-robots, full robots sound intriguing, but the game kinda seems ya know...outdated ?
      However, at the same time, thats the reason it interests me... Cause it strangely reminds me of Mega Man Legends style... the explosions, rockets, everything...

So I'm looking to give it a try...if it's half as good as MML, i'd play it for years.

The graphics looking "outdated" is actually a good thing.

Thanks to that, a player can edit his/her robot to make it completely unique. While in other MMOs, all the characters look similar and lack individuality.

For example, this is the "default" robot design:

And how i made an skin for make it look like an anime character:

Also, i updated the main topic adding another feature of the game, map creation. Map creation allow players to create their own maps and use them for fight with other players.

Dec 21, 2010 6:59 am
      I see, so it's an MMO where you can be unique... thats something to look forward to in any game. Hmmm...did you mention the Beta date here ? I have some tab open with the MMOsite's announcment of it, but can't look for it now, lol...

Also, u seem to be able or have played it already ?

I don't expect that you ever played Mega Man Legends 1 or 2 ? it futures a similiar design to... as well in robots as in terrain / effect... it was an old PS game, which was without the 3rd part of the game...for a decade (it was announced only recently by Keiji Inafune that Capcom is making it).

Anyway... whats your expectation of the game in terms of success and population ? The ability to create maps and characters might be the thing attracting people, like little big planet-did...

Dec 21, 2010 7:41 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cattoc_C
      I see, so it's an MMO where you can be unique... thats something to look forward to in any game. Hmmm...did you mention the Beta date here ? I have some tab open with the MMOsite's announcment of it, but can't look for it now, lol...

In the past there were many betas, all of them are over and there was a wipe already. Rigth now the game is in a "final beta" period, which will change to "full version" this week, in 2 days. There will be no wipe for that.

Also, u seem to be able or have played it already ?

I have played it, what makes it interesting is that is not the average grind MMO where players spend many hours only leveling up.

There are 2 kinds of "level":

Robot lv and rank lv.

The robot lv is the level that an specific robot has. A player can have many robots, all of them with a different lv. In english version, the max level of a robot is 10. After each level up a player can choose an special upgrade for his/her robot (more HP, more defense against missiles, more defense against beams, more defense against bullets) so even if 2 players have the same robot at the same level, they can have different stats.

Rank lv is the level of the player, it doesn't affect gameplay, so a player with rank 1 can defeat a player with rank 20. However, some items in shop require a certain lv for buy (like weapons or robot parts).

I don't expect that you ever played Mega Man Legends 1 or 2 ? it futures a similiar design to... as well in robots as in terrain / effect... it was an old PS game, which was without the 3rd part of the game...for a decade (it was announced only recently by Keiji Inafune that Capcom is making it).

I have played megaman legends 2, the graphics remind me of it.

Anyway... whats your expectation of the game in terms of success and population ? The ability to create maps and characters might be the thing attracting people, like little big planet-did...

What makes this game so different to the average MMO is that is based on skill, more than in overpowered items.

Also, in japanese version is the option for trade game money for cash money if defeat GMs in a "GMs vs players" event as far as i heard from players that play japanese version, giving the chance to players that can't buy cash to get cash items, something not many game companies let their players do. No one knows if this will be available in english version (because the game is not in full version rigth now), but almost every player is waiting for it.

This game is anime themed with anime official videos made by the developers, so probably this game will look interesting for anime fans.

This is a video of the expansion "lily eve", which was only released in japanese version so i didn't added it in the main post.

This post has been modified on Dec 21 , 2010 07:47:00 AM by   azz331.

Dec 21, 2010 8:29 am
      I see...so, the one that will be "officially" out...in 2 days, is the global (english) one, right ? If so, I'll give it a try then...simply because I'm rather occupied now with things other then fun.

Everything you said seems like it's gonna make it a fine game. So it's more then enough for me to try it... since I usually tend to try even random-crap MMOs that keep coming out on a monthly basis... while this one actually has something to offer with being different.

Dec 21, 2010 10:47 am
      Added "mates" to the main post.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 21, 2010 12:50 pm
        Quote:
        Added "mates" to the main post.

That confused me until I wrote "Mates" into find...
        Then I saw what you added...still, the...artstyle of that "mate" is kinda...well, it's the usual nowadays "bouncy" anime...which is rather annoying :| I guess the game looks like it's for kids only until you see the portraits >.<

Dec 21, 2010 11:40 pm
        i think i will give it a try looks interesting

Signature

Change comes from the heart not from McDonald's (are you bored enough to read this comment)
        Dec 22, 2010 5:25 am
        I highly doubt this game was focused on young kids as their main market.

The "main character" of the game is a girl with big breast and an extremely big cleavage (the red robot on the first image of the post).

I think this game is focused for teen (15+) anime fans market, which is good because the community is more mature and respectful (with some exceptions). Most of the game dialogs with the NPCs are funny.

But thats my opinion.

Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm
        there is no main character to the game other than the 3 robot gods that lead each faction. you pick whichever robots you want in your team. the female robots are more speed based with a focus on agility and flight rather than firepower. the male robots tend to be a bit slower, but have more hp and more ammo for their guns.

missions and quests are just a series of standard stages. for missions, it is to defeat the target enemy. for quests, its to obtain the target items.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
        http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
        Dec 23, 2010 6:57 am
        the female robots are more speed based with a focus on agility and flight rather than firepower. the male robots tend to be a bit slower, but have more hp and more ammo for their guns.

That is true, however, it is not because the characters are male or female, its because of their type. The male robot is LND, which means he can't fight in the air like air robots.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 23, 2010 10:32 am
          its just that females are mostly air types and many more people tend to use them because they're good all around.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
          http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
          Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am
          the illustration really looks nice but the ingame graphic kinda not my stlye so i pass :S

Signature

Under construction...
          Dec 24, 2010 1:40 pm
          Some people may not like it because of the graphics, but personally i think gameplay is more important than graphics.

Whats the point of a game that have impressive graphics if it lacks a good gameplay?.

And the fact that the graphics are not "the most advanced" is in fact something good.

Thanks to the fact that players don't have to handle with transparency, glows and other things, they can customize the robots and make them unique without have an advanced photoshop/imageready knowledge.

There are robots that have transparency (ivis skirt) or glow (seraph wings) but these are don't have customization option for players.

Quick Reply:Cosmicbreak: anime theme robot girls MMO review.

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »