Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Non-Target MMORPG?

Non-Target MMORPG?

Jul 31, 2010 5:17 am
As we all know there is huge amount of MMO that will be non-target
but I would like to know what you guys think about it..
do you enjoy it? or do you like old "click to target" MMO?

Personally I like because it give us new experience in MMO world and I know that I will enjoy it as True Fan of RPG Games :D

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 31, 2010 5:49 am
for me, the new action MMOs still need a lot of refinement. its a good concept, but for now it is poorly executed. the main problem lies in the combo systems. these new MMOs for the most part aren't that different. right now they just force you to manually execute all the attacks but you can often get far just spamming left click or the basic attack. the only game with a good combo system so far is probably infinity online but sadly a majority of the combos are inaccessible unless you spend money on the item mall.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 31, 2010 6:01 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zanpakutou
    just spamming left click or the basic attack. the only game with a good combo system so far is probably infinity online but sadly a majority of the combos are inaccessible unless you spend money on the item mall.

there is another one called C9 (Continenth of the Ninth) which also have a very good combo system (not spamming left click) just using your keyboard eg (random letter) JKJL, KHJH, HHJK

Signature

Jul 31, 2010 11:42 am
    C9 is still in testing phase and not available internationally. if i get a chance to play it, i'll see if its any better. if you have 50 possible combos but 1 is superior to the rest, i wouldn't really call that an option though.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
    Aug 1, 2010 1:03 am
    If the non-target MMORPGs can reach the same amount of control as a 3D fighting game, I may never come back to the old point-and-click ever again. It would be best if the control was fundamentally based on a controller a la PS2 or Xbox. I don't mind grinding, but I prefer proving my skills using, ya know, actual skills. Instead of the brainless I-can-lvl-to-99-and-also-farm-or-buy-l33t-equips skill that any monkey can perform.

As it stands, like what Zanpakutou said there still needs to be a lot of refinement with the existing games coming out in the market as "non-targeting". I'm keeping my eyes peeled though...
    This post has been modified on Aug 01 , 2010 01:04:37 AM by   mikazuki.

Signature

Aug 1, 2010 4:46 pm
    Well I really like soul master, DDO, and LOTRO and prefer them over my point and click/TAB target MMOs.
    It's really just a matter of preference.
    People who are more inclined to FPS/TPS are more likely to enjoy these types of MMOs.

Aug 1, 2010 6:56 pm
    i really like gunz, s4 league kinda game...it would be much better if its not really room based and just pure pawnage...while on it u can gain new skills and stuff...If only again excist like that...i dont care even if its 21gb or how big the game is...as long as its free hehehe

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 1, 2010 8:47 pm
      For me it depends on how will they execute it. Like the realistic combat while you aim and attack a monster. If the physics is not that appealing to the audience. I think the game will be not succeed on beating a point-click MMO.

For me I like point-click because it is much more easier.

Signature

Aug 2, 2010 1:25 am
      I like such kind of new mmo!
      I've tried Dragon Nest, and non-target fighting system is really cool

Aug 3, 2010 9:43 pm
      Hmmmmm......I would really need to adopt with the non targeting. Been playing MMO games since the year 2000....and Click-Selective System still suits me right...I think Click-Selective will stay a loooooooooooong time before hack n slash system takes over.

But yeah, why not...I dig Hack n Slash. :D

Aug 4, 2010 12:27 am
      No-target mmo will be cool but it's energy consuming! You need to totally focus on the fight.

Aug 4, 2010 3:36 am
      Have any of you guys tried Fantasy Earth Zero? It's like a TPS-MMORPG. The game has a really new feel.

You may check it here:
      http://fez.gamepotusa.com/

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 4, 2010 6:03 am
        FEZ feels a lot like RF Online to me for some reason. it might just be me though.

Signature

Aug 4, 2010 9:41 am
        Hard to select a target less mmo, so far I know APB doesnt have the classical target system but that game is more like an action game with skirmishes around than a real mmo...

Signature

Aug 4, 2010 9:55 am
        I'd probably prefer point/click.

Signature

To ensure a clean and friendly atmosphere:
        Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
        Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Aug 4, 2010 1:15 pm
        The best rpg for me is still Diablo II !
        Its just too old and that why i stoped playing it.

Signature

Aug 4, 2010 2:24 pm
        I'd prefer with target in our current state. non target feels too unstable sometimes there's issues of lag and like Zanpakutou said combo system might be a bit dull.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 10, 2010 12:12 pm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Card388
          I'd prefer with target in our current state. non target feels too unstable sometimes there's issues of lag and like Zanpakutou said combo system might be a bit dull.

yea but its quite new so it will take some time till real good combo system will come out :D :D

Signature

Sep 11, 2010 3:08 pm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ruov
          Well I really like soul master, DDO, and LOTRO and prefer them over my point and click/TAB target MMOs.
          It's really just a matter of preference.
          People who are more inclined to FPS/TPS are more likely to enjoy these types of MMOs.

LOTRO is non targeting ?
          This post has been modified on Sep 11 , 2010 03:09:17 PM by   adreaz.

Sep 29, 2010 1:00 am
          Blades and Soul? Its a cool and wicked game dudes!

Quick Reply:Non-Target MMORPG?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »