Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home General Discussion Find a MMOs without level system!

Find a MMOs without level system!

Nov 5, 2008 1:16 am
If there is no level in MMOs, I can play with my friends when I first log in, and I don't grind 59 level only for can play with my level 60's friends, I don't want to lvl alone, so I hate there are level system in MMOs, but as far as I know there is no MMOs have no level system, right?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Nov 5, 2008 2:13 am
Whats the purpose of mmo's if not to be the best now a days?
Example, if you ever played Cabal, you can se that lvling is by far not important. You have Rank. Thats how you can learn new skills, by ranking up, wich is more or less like lvling, but a very interessting sistem, and makes grinding seem like your actualy doing something.

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 5, 2008 12:05 pm
    www.zomg.com
    it doesnt need lvls

...nobody said it had to be a good game o.0

Signature

>IASMS<

Nov 5, 2008 3:02 pm
    but then how can we have our character growth in the game?

Signature

"All who oppose us shall fall under my wrath of Demons from the underworld. If unleashed you... will... be... NOOBIFIED!"
    Nov 5, 2008 3:50 pm
    Puzzle Pirates. Instead of a typical leveling system, the game revolves around the skill of doing the different puzzles in game.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by furios7
    but then how can we have our character growth in the game?

Why do you need it to grow? It doesn't in FPS games, you just use skill.

Nov 5, 2008 6:46 pm
    You will only be able to find games like the one mentioned by Vulrin that doesnt require lvling, any other case you will have Lvling system because many people including me would find it really boring to do nothing but just hang around

Signature

Any questions? Need to contact somebody? Dont know who to ask a question? Have problems and cant fix it?
    Fell Free to contact me, and i will be able to help you in what you need!
    MSN/Email: my_ven@hotmail.com

......WTB new sig.
    /sigh daidai should make me a nice one i think....
    Nov 5, 2008 7:18 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myven
    You will only be able to find games like the one mentioned by Vulrin that doesnt require lvling, any other case you will have Lvling system because many people including me would find it really boring to do nothing but just hang around

The game I mentioned doesn't have you just hanging around. There are siege battles to capture islands, both ai and pvp battles, and a lot of mini games such as poker to partake in. There is also regularly scheduled events to take part in, which have various items/game money/ect.

This post has been modified on Nov 05 , 2008 07:18:52 PM by   Vulrin.

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 5, 2008 11:40 pm
      We need to level to increase our strength and our powers ingame. What is the use of playing MMOs without being strong??? Please don't say that you are contented always killed by monsters and by other players.

Signature

MMOSITE Position : Forum Moderator, MMOsite Police, MMOshop Assistant and a SPAMMER HUNTER (Muahahahahaha!!!)
      Nov 5, 2008 11:54 pm
      Just wait for Mortal online or Darkfall to come out, there is no level system in those games. Its all skills, you get a certain number of points for your skills and you can learn any skills you want, the more you use them the stronger they get.
      So you still have to use your skills to make them stronger, but this way you dont really have to "grind" and watch your exp.. just play.. and they will go up acordingly

Signature

Nov 6, 2008 12:21 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lucssj
      Whats the purpose of mmo's if not to be the best now a days?
      Example, if you ever played Cabal, you can se that lvling is by far not important. You have Rank. Thats how you can learn new skills, by ranking up, wich is more or less like lvling, but a very interessting sistem, and makes grinding seem like your actualy doing somethi ...

yep, you are right, but when you quest alone, I don't think it mean lot for me, I came into this MMOs only bec of my friends, if they are not here, why I should stay here to enjoy the lvling?

Nov 6, 2008 3:18 am
      To make new friends, and enjoy grinding with them. Wen i play i always party up with about 3 or 4, players i dont even know, and eventualy we become friends.

Nov 6, 2008 3:36 am
      A succesfull MMO needs levels or some tipe of ranking system.

Signature

Trackmania Nations Forever
      3rd Best Driver Of Finland 23/3/2008

Trickster ~~ Level 9x Lightning/Water Bard
      Endless Online ~~ Level 5
      Runescape ~~ Level 125 Bow-User
      Guild Wars ~~ Level 20 E/Mo
      Fly For Fun ~~ Level 81 Ranger
      Maplestory ~~ Level 6x Cleric

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 6, 2008 7:29 pm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mark_anthony
        We need to level to increase our strength and our powers ingame. What is the use of playing MMOs without being strong??? Please don't say that you are contented always killed by monsters and by other players.

That is not the point though. Some are more skill(Both the skills of the player and the skills the character gets.) based. Not all games make level the most important thing.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sparkta
        A successful MMO needs levels or some type of ranking system.

Not always. But some do like a ranking system to pit their rank against others. But most I see that don't have a level system, do have a rank system which ranks on individual skill levels.
        This post has been modified on Nov 06 , 2008 07:31:18 PM by   Vulrin.

Nov 7, 2008 12:14 am
        Game companies just need to realize that people dont want to have to spend hours of their time( get less as you get older) doing crap in game to get your character to a point where you can play them and do the things you want to with them.  especialy since most of us already have jobs(dont need another) and are playing to escape that crap and paying for it ...

Nov 7, 2008 4:11 am
        Upcomming games: Mortal, Darkfall, Earthrise
        Available games: Entropia Universe

Signature

...you used to kiss like no one had done before...
        Nov 10, 2008 12:41 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mark_anthony

Even I have no skill when I first come into this MMOs, I still can be protect by my friends, right? And I will get experiences more quickly than I play it alone.

Nov 10, 2008 9:50 pm
        Umm... To my opinion... I dont like no level system... That's not so good to a hasnolife.. Haha.
        I like level MMORPGs. Coz I can do more with a higher level in PVP.

Signature

Thanks for raidomees make this picture XD

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 11, 2008 1:16 am
          I don't agree that levels are used because they are easy.  Levels are used because they are a good way to give everyone a role to play in a group.  In a skill system it's more difficult to make group content that is challenging for the player because you don't have any guide for which to balance things around.

Nov 12, 2008 12:48 am
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by qq1000
          I don't agree that levels are used because they are easy.  Levels are used because they are a good way to give everyone a role to play in a group.  In a skill system it's more difficult to make group content that is challenging for the player because you don't have any guide for which to balance things around.

lvls dont have much to do with roles, classes maybe. I just think that devs are taking the easy way out. If they made the effort, i believe they could develope content for a lvl-less system.

Realizing that players have the abiltity to do play a massive amount of different ways, they can develope systems around that. Increase the impact of other systems like mob A.I. for example. I'm just saying that its technically possible for these types of things now, and that devs shouldn't have to rely upon lvl's.

Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am
          Very good points there loveyahoo. But I do thing that there is a need for leveling in some games. Since not all people have the fastest of reflexes or the most amount of time to get as skilled in a game as others. But I do still love games that are based around skill, and I would love to see that taken advantage of in more mmorpgs.

Quick Reply:Find a MMOs without level system!

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »