Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Suggestions & Bug Report [Bug reports & Suggestions] MMOsite 2015 Index Launched

[Bug reports & Suggestions] MMOsite 2015 Index Launched

May 7, 2015 1:34 am
MMOsite is delighted to launch our brand new 2015 index page after three months of hard work and design. You are most welcome to leave your suggestions or tell us about any bugs you encounter while using the new page, useful suggestions will be rewarded with MMO Gold, thank you!

2015 New Index Page: http://www.mmosite.com/test/index_15v1.shtml

New Home Page Features:

* News Section - with news for different regions (NA/SEA/EU/KR/CN/JP)
* Blog Section - reviews and previews done by bloggers and our writers
* MMO Calendar - showing closed beta, open beta and event info
* Feature Games & Gamelist - recommended games
* Quest & Promo Center - beta key and game package giveaways, quests and events
* Mobile Center - Mobile Game Center & Mobile App Center
* Forum Topics - hot topic recommendations from the forum
* Gallery - cosplay, screenshots, wallpaper and art for games

Bug Reports & Suggestions:

We want to continually improve the website, so while using our new index, if you find any bugs, have a suggestion or anything makes you uncomfortable, please reply in this thread, our MMOsite group will check this thread daily. Thank you so much for your support! And please stay tuned for our 10th anniversary celebration on June 17!

If you don't like the new index or find it hard to get used to, you could click the MMOSITE LOGO above to get back to the previous version.

[ The post was edited by chanelluo at Jun 3, 2015 11:39 pm ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 11, 2015 12:03 am
I like the new design It puts more accent on what mmosite blogers post and such

Totally +10 Points 

1 chanelluo +10 Points 2015-05-11 19:58:43 Thank you for your support :D  

MMOsite Special Offer

May 11, 2015 2:54 am
    Great update! If I can give feed back on one thing, it is a few hang ups. Sometimes the site times out at certain times of the day. Usually morning (my time in Paris). I can see the main page, but sometimes I can not go into other pages because of a long hang up time. This could be my end, but it usually is only this website (I test by going to other sites) and oddly only at those hours. I usually just tell myself it is site maintenance and come back later in the day.

My second issue is on my cell phone, there are pages that are not showing up in "full site form". And the mobile version and mobile app of the site are a little behind in the news articles. Also, my sign in is blocked by the first page of advertisements, but this new set up seems to take care of that problem.

Once signed in. I go to COMMUNITY - SHOP - And even while signed in it asks for me to "sign in" again. Like signing in twice. But once you sign in for the shop, you are signed out from your main page...so once done shopping, I have to go back to the main page and sign back in there. Kind of odd.

Looks great though and I really like the calander of events put in emphasis! and the region tabs easy to click. HElps the rage when people see: "Black desert launched"! YAYA! We click in the article: "In Korea..." awwwww. LOL. Now we will be warned. Reminds me a lot like mmoculture's lay out.

Totally +50 Points 

1 chanelluo +50 Points 2015-05-11 20:01:13 Really appreciate your feedbacks, I'll collect these bugs to our programmer for further improvement!  
    May 11, 2015 8:34 pm
    Here is one little issue or rather more of a feedback/suggestion, On the right side you guys promote mmosite blogers like our friend here Nambo, I tryed to click on follow button but instead I was redirected to his profile, I think the follow button should work on the fly guys, I mean I am familiar with the website and know what to do if I am redirected to his profile but newer people may be confused.

Totally +30 Points 

1 chanelluo +30 Points 2015-05-12 00:37:20 Thank you for your suggestion! We'll change the 'follow' button to 'profile', and make it open a new window :D  
    May 15, 2015 1:14 pm
    Using google chrome, I came across no bugs whatsoever.
    But what irked me most was the layout itself, so I've decided to make a mock-up and made a few changes to make it a little less cluttered and more accessible.
    Especially when it came to the "featured writers" section.

Totally +50 Points 

1 chanelluo +50 Points 2015-05-19 20:12:27 Thank you for your new layout design! We'll discuss that with our designer to see if any changes could be made.  
    May 17, 2015 2:04 pm

It's youtube not youtobe.

This one right here, I don't know maybe it's just me or my net

The first highlighted ( upper right), when you click a topic it goes to the next topic like 2 seconds. Just a suggestion though, when you Select a certain topic it should give some delay for the readers to see what is in it, a bit longer than when it is not selected or idle.

The 2nd highlighted ( Bottom ) I guess it is still not working? When clicked It goes like this:

Totally +50 Points 

1 chanelluo +50 Points 2015-05-19 20:16:09 Thank you so much for the bug report! Youtube typo has been modified, flash interval has been changed to 5 seconds.  
    May 19, 2015 8:16 pm
    Reply 5#  xXMarkuzXx

As for the region part, could you tell me the browser you are using?

MMOsite Special Offer

May 19, 2015 9:27 pm
      Everything seems to be well in placed, no bugs or whatsoever
      Page is much easier to follow through and less complicated hehehe
      Try keep it simple as possible

Totally +10 Points 

1 chanelluo +10 Points 2015-05-19 23:15:02 Thank you for your advice!  

Signature

May 19, 2015 10:13 pm
      Reply 6#  chanelluo

It's working fine now but just to answer your question I was using Mozilla Firefox that time and even now. Before it wont open even in chrome but now it is fine. Anyway the new index is cooler, it has more information and stuff than the existing one, easy to navigate, pretty much cool. And good that you have spotted the bug on the calendar, the BETE instead of beta. And good update on the Calendar I'm so loving it. Highlighted ones shows what are the events and stuff. Easy to track contest as well. I supposed to suggest what is in it right now. Every thing is cool.

But just a suggestion and you can of course don't do it, the "TOP" button where you will be move to the top when clicked seems annoying for me. Can it be placed on the ads side like what we used to have? But if others like it then we can keep it there.

Also the pop ups, I know it's ok but sometimes if I click a link it also pops up something, the game pop ups are ok but those ads are not. Is that normal or somewhat its my computer problem?

May 24, 2015 8:08 pm
      Reply 0#  chanelluo

When I visit the page, the headline image (tied to each of the headline articles) doesn't appear until it cycles between them. Afterwards it shows up.

Totally +30 Points 

1 chanelluo +30 Points 2015-06-03 23:29:14 Thanks for the feedback, the bug has been fixed now!  

Signature

Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
      Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Check out the new app for MMOsite!

Jun 4, 2015 9:02 am
      Looking good!

Jun 4, 2015 10:03 pm
      The new design looks much more fluid and modernized.

I like the calendar feature, it gives a quick overview on whats to come and what has happened in the past. I have noticed that is no data between june and december 2015.

When user scrolls down, the bottom banner shows up after scrolling down roughly through 40% of the page and then disappears when user reaches the bottom of the page. Meaning if user will never scroll down, the banner will not show up.

The website "responsive web design" implementation. Changing browser size or viewing the website on smaller screens like tablet, will affect the website look.

The space between top banner and navigation header differs from the space between top banner and main content section.

The navigation bar has a 2px darker blue line at the footer.

Also the navigation bar, has too much extra unused space. Above and below the menu text.

The button to scroll back up, has white pixels in the arrow, its placement un-proportionally changes when website width shrinks. Also it does look good where its currently placed.

Top games result list is not in order, looks very awkward.

The new layout has lots of content, although its spreads out too far below without any indication. If there was some sort of indicator as the user scrolls down explaining the type of content the user will see.

Totally +50 Points 

1 chanelluo +50 Points 2015-06-05 01:34:19 Good Threads  

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 5, 2015 1:33 am
        Reply 11#  Destroyer of Light

Thank you for your very detailed points on how to improve our new look. We appreciate your time and thoughtfulness. We will take all of your suggestions into account as we streamline MMOsite. Some of your ideas will be used immediately. Again, thanks so much.

Jun 8, 2015 11:52 am
        New design is quite nice ^^ . I don't think there are any major bugs tho
        BUG/GLITCH - So I was writing an article ,and my plan was to write the whole thing first then add pics later    , it was not as good idea as it seemed ,  when I used the forum tool to add pic ;page decided to freeze and I ended up writing whole thing again

Suggestion - When you hover over games or mobile games on navigation bar ; CC of the game image seems dull and boring ............ especially for mobile games it should be changed with games like final fantasy mobicus and so on . I mean it makes me want to skip the section as whole

[ The post was edited by Yuujif at Jun 8, 2015 12:09 pm ]

Totally +50 Points 

1 chanelluo +50 Points 2015-06-09 03:51:42 Thanks for your suggestion! Games at navigation bar will be changed soon!  
        Jun 8, 2015 11:58 am
        oh and if possible add a section at top which shows big title which have yet to enter western market.

Quick Reply:[Bug reports & Suggestions] MMOsite 2015 Index Launched

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »