Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Console Lounge Final Fantasy X HD Remake

Welcome to the Console Lounge Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm

TOGGLE

Welcome to the Console Lounge.

This is your destination for all video games found on consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, etc.) as well as non-MMO PC games. MMOs are welcome here if they're on one of the regular consoles, but this is the place to talk about video games in general.

Please read the rules before posting: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/190/20071126/Board_Rules-4da827b72cfc07813-1.html

Final Fantasy X HD Remake

Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm
At the Tokyo Game Show Square-Enix announced that they'll be making Final Fantasy X for the PS3 and Vita in HD :D

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194253p1.html

I'm sooo excited!! ^////^
Final Fantasy X is my favorite game
though I have to admit I only played 3 in the Final Fantasy series
FFX FFX-2 FFXIII

but of all the game I played is probably my favorite with the second as X-2
Because I really fell in love with the story line <3
I'm a big romance fan lol ^o^

So now that they are making it into HD, I can play it on my ps3 :D
My dad was always saying how after playing 13 is hard to go back to the other games but looks like it won't be hard to go through X again!

Sorry FFVII fans~ lol

what do you guys think of this?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Sep 18, 2011 3:30 pm
i'm surprised they made an HD remake of FFX rather than 7 which people wanted a lot more. i guess it's easier to do with a PS2 game. FFX was pretty awesome. FFX-2 was awesome as well. it's just a shame that they released the international editions afterwards and i never got to see it in the US.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm
    Reply 1#  Zanpakutou

I'm pretty sure FFX-2 international was for Japan only

which is really sad cause there's this version of the international version called
    FFX-2 International + Last Mission which had a bonus section?

``````````````````

I hope that this remake will have an option of having English subs + Japanese audio
    I want to hear the Japanese version~

Sep 18, 2011 4:14 pm
    the last mission is the bonus section of FFX-2 international. it was some 100 floor dungeon that was segregated from the main game and added in some finishing touches to the story.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
    Sep 18, 2011 5:19 pm
    I still haven't beaten the original lol

Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm
    yeah I can't wait.I'm going to also put in those 200 hours into completing the extra challenge. It's going to be worth the HD goodness!

Sep 22, 2011 5:19 am
    I am glad we are getting FFX as a HD remake that would make it look cooler will surly buy it from the store

Now not sure about FFVII zan I think that they are planing to do something but not in the near future they wont just let millions of people literally begging them for a remake , and they went ahead when the playstation 3 came out saying that how it would look like if we make a remake, poor bastards :(

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 30, 2011 6:23 am
      the problem is that ff7 is too expensive for them to remake right now considering the flop that is known as ff14.

Signature

Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm
      lol, lets see if they can recover the trust of the community... After FF14.... People is not so happy with SE...

Signature

Sep 30, 2011 2:54 pm
      Why a remake of FF X? FF VII first, I say!

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Oct 1, 2011 11:56 am
      @Pelagato
      But I feel like their games for the console and their mmos are kind of different

@LordYanLiang

I think FF X is easier/faster to make than VII

Oct 1, 2011 1:04 pm
      Maybe they dont want to screw the name of FF7, if they really try to remake FF7 and mess it up... The whole world is going to travel to Japan and burn SE building... lol!

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 7, 2011 7:09 pm
        would have preferred ff 7, tifa would get huge update

Nov 30, 2011 9:53 pm
        Reply 10#  MItsukiTenshi

Good point. Then at least FF XII, if they HAVE to make a PS2 FF title. XII is the strongest FF title on the PS2, I think.

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Dec 1, 2011 5:28 pm
        Reply 13#  LordYanLiang

Final Fantasy X was the first Final Fantasy game for the ps2....

```````````````
        I heard FFXII was good but had a lot of political stuff..

I actually have the game xD but I never played it
        A mistake on my Dad's part when I asked for FFX-2 xD

Dec 2, 2011 8:02 am
        good to hear......but already beat the game so many times iam sick of it most easy FF game ever

Signature

Dec 3, 2011 1:41 pm
        Reply 15#  although

I actually don't care very much for the fighting... lol
        I just love the story line <3
        It feels like a movie that you are slowly moving through

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 3, 2011 7:51 pm
          a hard game doesn't make a good game. if you have a hard game, you're more likely to just have people quite half way and say screw it.

in my opinion, FF games for the most part are still good at storytelling. the main problem with FF13 was that it wasn't told in chronological order. it felt like i was dropped in during the middle of the story. you had to read the database in order to understand the order of events. like day 1 was the reawakening of the other 2 L'cie who were basically crystals for 500 years, but the main story started off at like day 12 (not sure it's been a while) or so. i think they should've just done it in a plain chronological order instead.

here are some of the problems i noticed with the stories of various FF games that i played in the past (that i remember anyways)
          FF5 - events are not bridged together well
          FF6 - anarchic ordering of events post apocalypse
          FF7 - ignored the fact that the main characters were terrorists
          FF8 - laguna's various empty segments of side story
          FF9 - necron came out of nowhere
          FF10 - mood whiplash that drastically changed the tone of the game
          FF12 - couldn't tell who the main character was. i just assume it was Vaan, but it didn't feel like it
          FF13 - being dumped into the middle of the game rather than at the beginning

Signature

Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm
          Reply 14#  MItsukiTenshi

same here i always follow a solid good story line......the story isn't that bad but it gives you the hype to play it

Signature

Dec 13, 2011 6:45 pm
          the story doesn't necessarily build hype unless you have some epic cutscenes to show off in trailers. this is why there are numerous explosions and stuff in most trailers to it ends with a bolivian army style stand off. final fantasy is generally great at that, but the pacing usually needs work. on the opposite end is kingdom hearts where there is plenty of dialogue in their trailers, but nothing really cool to show off otherwise it would be a massive spoiler for the game. of course you also have the "choose your own story" which results in something far worse.

Signature

Quick Reply:Final Fantasy X HD Remake

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »