Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft World of Warcraft: WoD Stays for the Summer

World of Warcraft: WoD Stays for the Summer

Apr 18, 2016 9:14 pm

As we have just reported about the revealed release date of Legion, we had to realise that Warlords of Draenor will be staying around for the summer.
This probably comes as a bit of surprise to many WoW gamers, regardless of the fact that Blizzard revealed that the Legion expansion would be released latest in September. This means that the summer will be spent with the mostly cleared content of Warlord of Draenor, and secretly I was hoping to get to see the new things brought by Legion earlier.

Blizzard probably has its reasons for the release date to take place on August 30, but it would have felt more logical to make the new expansion available during the summer when more players can spend their entire days with gaming. Plus, it is obvious that plenty of guilds and players have fully maxed out their characters and completed the whole WoD endgame, and I know a lot of people who have decided to take a break until Legion kicks off.

I cannot say that WoD is among the best expansions for me, as it was clearly a smaller one in content and yet it lasts rather long. A possible reason for the late August release of Legion could be Blizzard's focus on Overwatch, for which the OBT is supposed to begin next month but that does not help the impatience of WoW players who are eagerly awaiting the next expansion.

As the Demon Hunter class is supposed to be made available before the actual expansion's release, hopefully, the new class will give us something to pass time with during the summer in World of Warcraft. What do you guys think about the recently revealed release date for Legion?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Quick Reply:World of Warcraft: WoD Stays for the Summer

Smiles
refresh
Go Advanced »