Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft Will The Demon Hunter Start Off Like The Death Knight?

Will The Demon Hunter Start Off Like The Death Knight?

Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

We have seen plenty of videos and announcements about the upcoming Demon Hunter class in World of Warcraft's Legion expansion, and we were wondering whether the situation will be similar to Wrath of The Lich King's Death Knight class.
Many of you probably remember the tons of hate that the Death Knight class was receiving back in WoTLK, mainly because there were so many of it and also because it was not the best of tanks when it was first made available. I can faintly remember how hard it was to get invited to raids as a DK tank or even DPS, because raid leaders were prejudiced towards the class and not without reason.

As Legion is not far, it seems like a relevant matter that the Demon Hunter could very well end up in a similar situation if too many players decide to reroll. The Demon Hunter's double jump, Glide and dashing skills seem rather exclusive and perhaps even overpowered and when a new class is way better, the hating begins.

"Turn the tainted power of the Legion against them as an all-new hero class—the vengeful Demon Hunter. As a damage dealer or tank, pursue and evade your targets with preternatural agility; draw upon your demonic fury to fuel devastating attacks; and strike fear into your foes by metamorphosing into hellish new forms." - Blizzard

I am pretty sure many of you got amazed by the things we've seen about the Demon Hunter and probably a good deal of players will be rerolling when Legion begins, but keep in mind that you are likely to end up finding it not so easy to get invited to raids, especially with PUGs.

The Death Knight is still a rather powerful class, especially in PvP, but also in PvE, and hopefully, the Demon Hunter  will be more balanced and will not generate as much hate. The reason for not mentioning the Monk class so far is because it seemed to be a less hated one upon its arrival than the Death Knight, plus you actually had to level up a Monk from level 1, unlike the other two classes.

Are you guys planning to reroll as Demon Hunters, or perhaps do you already hate the new class?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 20, 2016 8:22 pm
It needs some time to settle a position for demon hunter in the raid, but many people will try to play it for Illidan. Great marketing and design strategy for WoW, but the only problem is whether players will spare their time to play Legion long.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 21, 2016 7:21 pm
    Reply 1#  Raphaelorhw

I'm still not hopeful that they'll make enough content for it to be worth buying Legion. They really dropped the ball in WoD and Mists...

Signature

Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
    Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Check out the new app for MMOsite!

Mar 21, 2016 11:08 pm
    Reply 2#  Aquaman47

Yeah, WoW is an old man and maybe when my playtime is done I will not recharge this time. Definitely I have planned to watch the Warcraft Movie as the closure of these years of WoW, time to say goodbye.

Mar 22, 2016 2:36 am
    Reply 3#  Raphaelorhw

It is probably worth trying Legion before totally giving up:)

Quick Reply:Will The Demon Hunter Start Off Like The Death Knight?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »