Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft Should Blizzard Restore World of Warcraft's Complexity?

Should Blizzard Restore World of Warcraft's Complexity?

Mar 14, 2016 12:30 am

Simplicity is probably the term that seems to be the main focus for World of Warcraft's developers in the last few years.
This has been pretty much going on since the introduction of the simplified talents in WoW that initiated a process through which Blizzard's MMORPG became a lot easier and ultimately heavily simplified. Before the talent changes, players had far more options in personalizing their characters, although there were always certain powerful builds that were better than most. Nevertheless, I personally really miss those times when you could spend hours with just sorting out talent points.

But the talents are not the only section of WoW that went under the simplification process. The other part that I miss from WoW is the old stat system and even Reforge, although, Reforging was an implementation that not everyone was happy about.

The simplified talents also hurt character leveling, as it was a great part of leveling in the past that you could gradually distribute talent points as your character became higher in level, which was a necessary role-playing element.

Call me strange, but I even miss the good old times in Vanilla and BC when there was no Dungeon Finder and you had to find people for your dungeons manually and go to the entrance or get summoned by those who were not as lazy as you. It had a certain feel to it which has been yet again replaced by the simplification process and yet again makes WoW easier which is not necessarily what the game needs.

I still have faith in Blizzard and truly hope that soon they will come to realize that just because a set of fresh gamers like things simple and easy does not mean that this should be their main approach. WoW needs complexity and it needs to be a more difficult game once again.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 14, 2016 10:39 am
Amen

mobile forum
posted via cellphone

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm
    I believe so or at least offer some options to embrace it. Perhaps a legacy WoW server based on the original code if they still have it that plays exactly the way launch mechanics did. MMO designers have been pandering to the lowest common denominator for quite a while and it has affected an entire generation of gamers. It's like the common core of public education where if you can write your name and tell if you are currently on fire you graduate.

Mar 14, 2016 4:58 pm
    I just look forward to the day WoW ends

Mar 14, 2016 11:25 pm
    same monsters same shit

Quick Reply:Should Blizzard Restore World of Warcraft's Complexity?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »