Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft Are Rotation Bots and Scripts Giving Players a Huge Advantage?

Are Rotation Bots and Scripts Giving Players a Huge Advantage?

Mar 13, 2016 7:46 am

As we recently discussed the fall of bots in World of Warcraft, another delicate topic came up and that was automated rotations.
Before we dig into the matter, it is important that you understand the type of things I am about to discuss. As most of you probably know, World of Warcraft is all about rotations. Of course, you need to have the right gear to perform well, but you can have all the BiS items in the game and still get crappy damage output if you are not using the right skills in the right order.

The previous statement serves as a basis for my assumptions according to which automated rotations are providing players with such an advantage in both PvP and PvE that they should be given as much attention from Blizzard as the bots have. There are various ways players can have automated skill usage for the characters, and the most basic way is probably the macro system sold with high-end gaming mice. With a premium gaming mouse, players can have tons of rotation presets that are initiated by a predefined keystroke such as a mouse button. But these are the least dangerous ones, in my opinion, as there are far more intelligent and complex third-party programs out there that basically maximize your characters performance.

As we discussed the bot-developing company that has been annoying Blizzard for years, that particular company not only developed bots but so-called Combat Routines for WoW as well, that not only achieve perfect rotations but also monitor your opponent's actions as well as your environment. Since this specific program is nowadays getting a huge amount of players banned, I decided to look around for alternatives that others might be using, and trust me, there are plenty of quite pricey third-party programs that provide players with fully automated rotations that even realize whether AoE is needed or not and do things like spellcasting interrupts and CC.

In my opinion, if Blizzard wants to fully cleanse WoW from all these cheating nuisances, it is time to revert attention to rotation bots and scripts, as they are possibly causing even more damage to the MMORPG than the bots, especially in PvP.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 13, 2016 7:48 pm
I even don't use macro to cast skills, sometimes it causes disorder espcially PvP (SO I'm PvEer), I prefer an up-to-situation choice of gameplay rather then pressing 1111111111 all the time. I think bots and scripts dim the game, which we should enjoy the control and creation, not an automatic work. But honestly these things do help greatly, you will easily get upset by opponents using them.

MMOsite Special Offer

Quick Reply:Are Rotation Bots and Scripts Giving Players a Huge Advantage?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »