Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft What do you think of US sanctions lock Iranian gamers out of World of Warcraft?

What do you think of US sanctions lock Iranian gamers out of World of Warcraft?

Aug 29, 2012 2:53 am
I just read the news that US govenment locked the players in Iran and then they can't enter WoW anymore. Because United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran.

Blizzard could do nothing about it and then can't even send the money back the the Iranian gamers bcz of the economic sanction.

I think IP block is annoying enough and this news sounds unfair for the gamers. They love to play WoW but are forced to quit it. Why should govenment decisions affect the gamers?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm
I feel that it is quite unfortunate for those players that are affected. However, at this point there isn't much that can be done.

Signature

Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Check out the new app for MMOsite!

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 1, 2012 12:27 pm
    Well, like Aquaman47 said...not much can be done. Blizzard is a US based company, so I assume they have to abide by US sanctions. It is sad for Iranians, but it is more because of their government than anything. Too bad the citizens have to suffer for it.

Signature

Those who ask a question, are stupid for 30 seconds. Those who never ask, are stupid for life.

My nature/animal channel on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/TheExplorium

My video game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/Vendayn
    Dec 3, 2012 11:23 pm
    Well i thin that this would bi a discrimination... You can't have all the Asian guys playing wow and no Iranians. Just because of a simple misunderstanding

Nov 16, 2018 1:59 am
    To get the roblox robux game to play free then use my link for free to play the roblox free robux game for free to get robux online for free online to play free online.

Quick Reply:What do you think of US sanctions lock Iranian gamers out of World of Warcraft?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »