Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft WoW 6.0 speculation: what will be the next expansion after MoP?

WoW 6.0 speculation: what will be the next expansion after MoP?

Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm
So... we started getting information about MoP before Cataclysm's last boss was in the game. Now they're dropping hints about the expansion after MoP before MoP has even been released.
WoW Expansion 5 already confirmed by Blizzard

The Burning Crusade
Wrath of Lich King
Cataclysm
Mists of Pandaria

What will be the next expansions?

So where to next?

I’m sure we can all be certain that a trip to Argus — to take the fight to Sargeras — will be WoW's last hoorah. That won't be en-route for expansion five, but could we finally dip into the emerald dream? I know its the go-to for all expansion rumors but will it be our next installment, or will the writing staff move into an area of lore once again untested and new?

Source from: World Of Warcraft Expansion Five Is In Development

I think we can probably expect the Emerald Dream and Nightmare next, followed by an expansion centered around Argus. Perhaps follow that up by a final expansion of dealing with the old gods, Azshara and tying everything in to a nice happy ending for the two factions. Then perhaps leave the servers open as primarily just a PvP game Horde vs Alliance...

What do you think will be the future expansions? Make speculations here and lets discuss it. :D

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 29, 2012 12:12 am
I think the game will be dead before it launches their 'list of expansions'.

Nuffsaid

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 29, 2012 4:24 am
    There are so many possible expansions that they could make.. I hope we get to fight the burning legion next expansion too.

Signature

Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
    Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

MMOsite Christmas Carnival Beta Key Giveaway!
    Skyforge | Heroes of the Storm | Revelation | Echo of Soul | Moonlight Blade

Mar 29, 2012 5:52 am
    their next expansion is free to play

Mar 29, 2012 7:59 am
    Reply 1#  95.*.*.42

im a wow active player,and i agree with you
    undeashedx Night elf Dk tank
    realm goldrinn

Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/179/20120328/WoW_60_speculation_what_will_be_the_next_expansion_after_MoP-4f73cb7dba0babc13-1.html#p4f73cb7dba0bab]0#[/url] [i]guodarong[/i][/b] [br] [br]
    The game wont be dead and probably wont die out in the near future (5-10 years) because the game is so hugh with so many players to get 10 million people or whatever the numbers of sub is atm. is going to take years and years until they all quit and i think that even if there's only 1 million active subs left they will still continue to develop new content maybe not this fast but they pbobably will just to milk the last money before it's gone. and i actually think that in the 3 next upcoming expansions the game will improve because it cannot get any worse which means that old players will come back.

Jul 22, 2012 3:39 am
    Another 10 million players line... This is starting to get old... why people keep spreading such misinformation...

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm
      Reply 6#  Pelagato

You're right. There's probably more than that.

Signature

Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Jul 22, 2012 2:09 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by Aquaman47 at Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm
      Reply 6#  Pelagato

You're right. There's probably more than that.     
      Ya we have more than 10 million humans on earth that is for sure...

we also have more than 10 million cats and 10 million dogs...

Signature

Aug 28, 2012 4:05 am
      Finish wow at 5 expansions and make warcraft 4 is what blizzard would do if they were smart.

Sep 9, 2012 12:58 pm
      [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/179/20120328/WoW_60_speculation_what_will_be_the_next_expansion_after_MoP-4f73cb7dba0babc13-1.html#p503ca5f2e44f76]9#[/url] [i]76.*.*.5[/i][/b] [br] [br]Oh yeah, I totally agree after the fifth expansion even if they still have 10 million (They will probably have more) or even if they somehow lose half of them which is not even a somewhat reasonable thought they should just say screw all of you guys and make a totally different game with a smaller fanbase. If Blizzard was smart that is totally what they would do. xP

Sep 15, 2012 7:01 am
      I think an awsome thing would be if like another small planet would collide with the planet Outland, leaving Nagrand and Zangarmarch crushed between the planets. From the new planet comes a new violent race starting to in invade Outlands area. Shat becomes a main defence-station(or mabye an instance with killing the humanoids who took over it) and the places all over outland becomes full of the new humanoids and creeps. Black Temple becomes the main Alliance outpost in the south, lead by the Broken tribes and Dranei. While Temptest keep becomes the Hordes base, lead by Bloodelves together with the orcs.

Hellfire penninsula once again becomes the starting area where the heroes start by defending The dark portal and pushing forward. Later Horde goes north to Blades edge, which as changed by the collision and is falling apart. Horde must now fight through the invading humanoids to reach hordes last outpost, Temptest Keep.

Alliance will do the same and fight through Terokkar Forest and Shadowmoon to save the Alliances soldiers trapped in Black Temple. On the way the both sides meet questgivers in small bases.

The only sad thing is that Outland must change totally for it :’( and stop the possibillity to do the old quests and earn reputation with them as an lvl-90-100.

Once eighter Horde or Ally reached the BT or TK, they get a quest from the leader there, sending them to a contact on the other planets closest area. This could be anyone, but and awesome feature would be to meet a neutral Alleria Windrunner there who has been stuck on that planet since her dissaperence. She sends you to some peaceful race(just like the pandas are peaceful while the crickets are vile aggressive humanoids). There are like 5-6 different places(just like northrend and outland). The heroes must fight against the humanoids leaders and help Alleria find her captured husband Turalyon. Vereesa, Sylvanas and Arator will also be spread out over the lands. Vereesa on Allyside, Sylvanas horde and Arator neutral as his mother. Since i have seen some comments on many pages of that they want more of the Windrunners.

The Ethernal fled outland during the invasion and entered Azeroth. There they can be a new playable faction. To me this is a great thing to do with a lovley story.

The Magicians of the evil humanoids didn’t know how to create portals to other realms so they started making the planet unbalanced form its moving to reach the world of Azeroth they made Turalyon tell about. Windrunner got information about the idea and together with the friendly race hunted the magicians down, to late though. The planet was moving towards Azeroth but Alleria forced the magicians to change direction to the only place exept Azeroth she knew had gravitation, Outland. Before the crash the last thing she said was: I’m so sorry for this!. there you have the cinematic :)

its just an idea with many things who will go wrong i know. but still :p

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm
        After beginning Wrathion's legendary questline in Mists, he mentions a looming threat that will need an undivided Azeroth (no war between Alliance & Horde) in order to stop it. There will obviously be some sort of threat and or an invasion of Azeroth. I know it's not specific, but it's a general idea. Most likely means that there will be a clear cut villain.

Signature

Oct 31, 2012 8:46 pm
        for all i know the highest possibility of 6.0 will be about the Burning Legion again i am guessing something to do with sagaras and the other dark portals around A zeroth if you ever read the lores. Surely well im hoping they introduce Demon hunters. for all i know Illidan is not dead after Black temple according to some stuff in MoP atm and some Lores in Tides of War. so the best chance about it it's going to be something to do with the burning legion or perhaps titans and old gods etc....

Nov 12, 2012 8:27 am

MoP seems geared around the conflict between the factions. I think that all the war will finally come to a stop and we will have the factions join forces in some way. Probably to fight something that can only be defeated by a united world. I am thinking about a war against the Burning Legion, Titans, or something equally destructive.

www.facebook.com/MrXencosti

Nov 21, 2012 5:59 pm
        The Zerg and Phrotos will invade azeroth lol

Nov 27, 2012 11:30 pm

I wish it would be something like new group of races ( other than alliance and horde ) and it's important that this group of races is a traitors races united from alliance and horde like gnomes and draneis from alliance and undead , blood elves from horde i don't know i think it's going to be something big and exciting

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 4, 2012 9:02 am
          I think the next expansion will be something that will include the nagas and the new Lich King aswell. I hope it doesn't come out in a year because I'll have to buy another expansion. I'm sick of giving 100$ for every new expansion. I think that Blizzard should focus now on Padaria because I heard that many people leave wow because of the new expansions. Anyways I hope the new expansion is epic and I hope it's worth buying :)

Dec 8, 2012 5:53 pm
          I agree, i think they should take the fight to the burning legion. But i think they should bring back Illidan and have him take the power of the Lich King while the one now is "new and weak" and make it one huge brawl. People may say this wont work, but u can have him keep the same weapons but change the textures and call them the "Frost Bitten Warglaives of Azinoth" or something.

Dec 10, 2012 1:18 pm
          the lich king will re appear

Quick Reply:WoW 6.0 speculation: what will be the next expansion after MoP?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »