Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft CATA : Blood DeathKnight Tank Talent Build

CATA : Blood DeathKnight Tank Talent Build

Jan 13, 2011 2:04 am
The best spec for raid tanking, which has a survival bias is 31/6/2 +2 .

Two spare points: put them in Abomination's Might, BCB, Virulence or Crimson Scourge. Most raid tanks think Crimson Scourge is a waste of points.

The 31 points in Blood are pretty straight forward; you pick anything that adds survivability. You get a minor choice between 3/3 Bladed Armor or 3/3 Scent of Blood but due to diminishing returns on SoB with a slow weapon the gains between 2/3 and 3/3 are negligible which means 3/3 Bladed Armor trumps that (and it adds more healing to Death Coil, too).

Frost is also obvious, there are no choices.
Essentially, Lichborne is a survival talent. After you have picked up the mandatory 31-pts for Blood tree, there aren't many discretionary points that remain, and the only additional talent to assist progression is Lichborne. A tank's first job is to survive, second to have threat, and the third factor is utility.

The discussion on the use of Lichborne as a tanking cooldown (with self-targetted death coils) is over a few pages.

From here on it's trickier. You have 4 points to play around with, 2 which should be in Epidemic so you only need to refresh Frost Fever every 30 seconds (makes it align nicely with Outbreak and Scarlet Fever innately lasts 30 seconds anyway).

This is a final talent build (33/6/2)

DPS talent builds here : DeathKnight DPS Talent Builds
This post has been modified on Jan 13 , 2011 02:23:49 AM by   LuthX.

Return to the list

Signature

Everyting is cloudy~~~

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm
Awsome!

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 18, 2011 5:28 am
    will try it out

May 23, 2011 5:45 am
    [SMILE=1] i love i t [SMILE=1][SMILE=12][SMILE=3]

Jul 24, 2011 9:19 pm
    [SMILE=1]Awsome this is beast i havnt died or lost a duel yet :D

Jul 24, 2011 9:56 pm
    this could be outdated i'd check elitistjerks for current information. although just roughly looking it seems about right still.

Signature

Feb 13, 2016 1:59 am
    The 31 points in Blood are pretty straight forward; you pick anything that adds survivability. You get a minor choice between 3/3 Bladed Armor or 3/3 Scent of Blood but due to diminishing returns on SoB with a slow weapon the gains between 2/3 and 3/3 are negligible which means 3/3 Bladed Armor trumps that (and it adds more healing to Death Coil, too).

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 8, 2018 2:06 am
      Заказать статьи для продвижении сайта seo оптимизация сайта По всем возникшим вопросам Вы можете обратиться в скайп логин pokras7777 мы с удовольствием ответим на все интересующие вас вопросы...Анализ вашего интернет-проекта бесплатно

Quick Reply:CATA : Blood DeathKnight Tank Talent Build

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »