Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home World of Warcraft Guide to get Sandstone Drake Mount
 

Guide to get Sandstone Drake Mount

Dec 22, 2010 12:47 am
More: Cataclysm New Mounts Collection Guide

Sandstone Drake mount should be the most expensive mount in World of Warcraft now! It costs tens of thousands of gold and even you got the gold, you need to find some alchemists who could make it!

Here I will give you a brief guide about How to get Sandstone Drake:

Firstly I gotta notice you guys that everyone could have Sandstone Drake, not only Alchemists!

Sandstone Drake is taught by Vial of the Sands

You will need:
a.  Recipe: Vial of the Sands



b.  Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial, Sands of Time (8), Truegold (12), Flask of the Winds (8), Flask of Titanic Strength (8), Deepstone Oil (8)

Materials:
Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial 5,000G +  Sands of Time 3,000G*8 = 29,000G Bought from Yasmin in Uldum.
Truegold is created by Alchemy, which costs about 2000*12 =24000G (I searched the AH price of my server.  You need  3 Pyrium Bars, 10 Volatile Fire, 10 Volatile Air and 10 Volatile Water for each Truegold)
And the rest materials are all created by Alchemy!
Generally the whole cost of A Sandstone Drake will be about 60,000G

Note: Here I got an idea but I haven't tried it yet! We could creat a Goblin and use that Goblin to buy Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial and Sands of Time! Because of Goblin's racial talent, you will save 29,000G*20%=5,800G

Recipe:

By collecting Archaeology  Tol'vir artifacts you will get the item Canopic Jar! You have a small chance to get the Recipe by opening the Canopic Jar!   (My friends said that if you have 450+ Alchemy skill, you have a great chance to get the recipe! But that's not confirmed!  )

Tip: The Tol'vir artifacts usually appear in the southern part of the map!

Now you got the recipe and the materials, you could go find the Alchemist! lol! Wish you good luck!

Sandstone Drake Screenshots






This post has been modified on Dec 29 , 2010 01:58:25 AM by   187ben.

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 22, 2010 4:26 am
Even WoWhead's comments is better than this crappy guide. This shouldn't even be considered as a guide =.=". There is no info on how to get the materials or the price for the vendor materials. Neither is it said that some of the materials is actually from a vendor(s). The only useful thing i see here is the fact that you actually linked to WoWhead saving the smart people to bother reading this crappy clad of useless text. Even if you stated this is a brief guide, all i see is that you just wrote what the required materials is for that recipe. The only guide i see here is actually how to get the recipe. Even so its not  detailed enough to even worth the mention.

MMOsite Special Offer

    Dec 22, 2010 2:38 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taiuke
    Even WoWhead's comments is better than this crappy guide. This shouldn't even be considered as a guide =.=". There is no info on how to get the materials or the price for the vendor materials. Neither is it said that some of the materials is actually from a vendor(s). The only useful thing i see here is the fact that you actually linked to WoWhead saving the smart people to bother reading this crappy clad of useless text. Even if you stated this is a brief guide, all i see is that you just wrote what the required materials is for that recipe. The only guide i see here is actually how to get the recipe. Even so its not  detailed enough to even worth the mention.


    At least his attempt to try and put the information he knows out there is worth mentioning. Give the guy a break, besides it is good to know that wow has such an awesome ride. Your comment is even a lot more worthless compared to his post.

    Dec 22, 2010 6:45 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taiuke
    Even WoWhead's comments is better than this crappy guide. This shouldn't even be considered as a guide =.=". There is no info on how to get the materials or the price for the vendor materials. Neither is it said that some of the materials is actually from a vendor(s). The only useful thing i see here is the fact that you actually linked to WoWhead saving the smart people to bother reading this crappy clad of useless text. Even if you stated this is a brief guide, all i see is that you just wrote what the required materials is for that recipe. The only guide i see here is actually how to get the recipe. Even so its not  detailed enough to even worth the mention.


    At least his attempt to try and put the information he knows out there is worth mentioning. Give the guy a break, besides it is good to know that wow has such an awesome ride. Your comment is even a lot more worthless compared to his post.


    lol! Tnx for your understanding!  Because I don't learn Alchemy in WoW so I can't give details about the material! Also the price in each server is different,right?

    btw, I'm just trying to connecting the procsee with WOWHEAD's data! And that may save your time searching for so many items!

    Anyway, I will try to make such post better and better!

    Signature

    Dec 23, 2010 1:14 am
    Good comments. To get Sandstone Drake Mount I used this guide, but you need to use you brain as well to succeed :) Formula Guide + Good witt :) cheers
    http://arzaaq.com/0744012414-si-world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-signature-series-guide.html

    Dec 23, 2010 9:03 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taiuke
    Even WoWhead's comments is better than this crappy guide. This shouldn't even be considered as a guide =.=". There is no info on how to get the materials or the price for the vendor materials. Neither is it said that some of the materials is actually from a vendor(s). The only useful thing i see here is the fact that you actually linked to WoWhead saving the smart people to bother reading this crappy clad of useless text. Even if you stated this is a brief guide, all i see is that you just wrote what the required materials is for that recipe. The only guide i see here is actually how to get the recipe. Even so its not  detailed enough to even worth the mention.


    At least his attempt to try and put the information he knows out there is worth mentioning. Give the guy a break, besides it is good to know that wow has such an awesome ride. Your comment is even a lot more worthless compared to his post.


    No, it's not. Even a guide completely copied from WoWhead is considered better.

    @187ben: Even if the materials is different realm to realm doesn't mean the vendor item is. They are only reduced depending on the faction, guild or racial passive. And even if they were you should alteast have mentioned how to get them. New mounts can also be found easily by just making the search Cataclysm content only. And if that didn't work you could easily find expansions only mounts through WoWwiki. So it's still pretty much useless yes. I do appreciate the attempt, but you should consider looking at other guides to see how the guide are made and make something similiar or based.
    This post has been modified on Dec 23 , 2010 09:07:11 AM by   Taiuke.

    Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am
    harsh crtic there.
    I mean he gets nothing for writing that guide and he spents time for it.
    So just let him be.
    I think the guide isnt bad so whatever...

    Signature

    Under construction...

    MMOsite Special Offer

      Dec 24, 2010 8:24 pm
      Yeah its not like a step by step guide but its enough to help get started.
      I dont personally visit wowhead often so its a good reminder.

      Dec 26, 2010 6:20 am
      Wow, most of the comments here only defend the poor edited guide. Here try this on for size.

      "You can't give everyone a trophy in a soccer game, one team wins the other loses. If you gave everyone a trophy you can't discern which team won."

      What I'm trying to get at is this, if you keep giving compliments to people that give bad information. How are they going to learn from their mistakes. Taiuke here, is showing how the guide is misinforming and lacks structure. Giving the person who wrote a critic. The people dismissing the critic are hurting the person by letting him think he's done something good for himself informing people on this forum about this quest. So, if you won't to help out give the guy some advice in communication.

      Dec 26, 2010 12:57 pm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 70.*.*.200
      taiuke sounds like a dick. i hope he dies


      And you like to troll =)

      @Acid : Finally someone that actually knew what i was trying to do

      And for Ben! This looks better :) Nice to see some better progress! The idea you wrote works. As the vendor price gets cheaper because of the goblin racial. It can also be cut to a lower price if your guild is lvl 24 by a whopping 10%. As for the materials you can gain through AH or gathering. I recommend that you instead of basing it on your AH prices, that you show the raw materials instead like this:

      Truegold (12)

      Made from
      Pyrium Bar (3)
      Volitile Fire (10)
      Volitile Air (10)
      Volitile Water (10)

      Pyrium Bar (3)
      Made from
      Pyrite Ore (2) OR {Elementium Bar (4) + Volitile Earth (4) }

      This is a directly copy-paste from WoWhead which is truly much easier to look at as it shows which raw materials is required for truegold. As i believe not everyone is going to head to the currently overpriced AH for the required materials.

      Jan 4, 2011 4:43 pm
      wow, that is a really really awesome looking mount...I'm so going alchemy :D

      Signature

      Those who ask a question, are stupid for 30 seconds. Those who never ask, are stupid for life.

      My nature/animal channel on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/TheExplorium

      My video game channel on Youtube!
      http://www.youtube.com/Vendayn
      Jan 4, 2011 9:54 pm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 187ben
      More: Cataclysm New Mounts Collection Guide

      Sandstone Drake mount should be the most expensive mount in World of Warcraft now! It costs tens of thousands of gold and even you got the gold, you need to find some alchemists who could make it!

      Here I will give you a brief guide about How to get Sandstone Drake:

      Firstly I gotta notice you guys that everyone could have Sandstone Drake, not only Alchemists!

      Sandstone Drake is taught by Vial of the Sands

      You will need:
      a.  Recipe: Vial of the Sands



      b.  Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial, Sands of Time (8), Truegold (12), Flask of the Winds (8), Flask of Titanic Strength (8), Deepstone Oil (8)

      Materials:
      Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial 5,000G +  Sands of Time 3,000G*8 = 29,000G Bought from Yasmin in Uldum.
      Truegold is created by Alchemy, which costs about 2000*12 =24000G (I searched the AH price of my server.  You need  3 Pyrium Bars, 10 Volatile Fire, 10 Volatile Air and 10 Volatile Water for each Truegold)
      And the rest materials are all created by Alchemy!
      Generally the whole cost of A Sandstone Drake will be about 60,000G

      Note: Here I got an idea but I haven't tried it yet! We could creat a Goblin and use that Goblin to buy Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial and Sands of Time! Because of Goblin's racial talent, you will save 29,000G*20%=5,800G

      Recipe:

      By collecting Archaeology  Tol'vir artifacts you will get the item Canopic Jar! You have a small chance to get the Recipe by opening the Canopic Jar!   (My friends said that if you have 450+ Alchemy skill, you have a great chance to get the recipe! But that's not confirmed!  )

      Tip: The Tol'vir artifacts usually appear in the southern part of the map!

      Now you got the recipe and the materials, you could go find the Alchemist! lol! Wish you good luck!

      Sandstone Drake Screenshots






      This post has been modified on Dec 29 , 2010 01:58:25 AM by   187ben.


      I really Like Your Threads

      Its amazing

      Thanks,,,,

      MMOsite Special Offer

        Jan 4, 2011 9:56 pm
        Hii all i am New here and sure i would like to enjoy here with my regular post,,

        Thanks,,

        Jan 11, 2011 11:54 pm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by edwardmartin
        Hii all i am New here and sure i would like to enjoy here with my regular post,,

        Thanks,,


        Welcome to our forum! But do remember that don't double post!
        BTW, if you got something to add for our guides, just reply here and we will add it into the guide topic!

        Signature

        Jan 18, 2011 5:46 am
        thx for the guide

        Feb 12, 2011 10:37 am
        Hello! eegcgee interesting eegcgee site!

        Feb 12, 2011 8:11 pm
        Nice guide, it's very expensive to buy ingame right now - think its 45k?

        Signature

        MMOsite Special Offer

          Feb 12, 2011 8:49 pm
          Expensive :O

          Oct 11, 2011 2:44 pm
          sorry to whoever wrote this but this is pretty bad... i mean the whole time arent you saying to get the recipe...then find someone who is alchemy...and have them make it for you...the recipe is bop. tg goes for 600 to 1000g on my server.


          "Now you got the recipe and the materials, you could go find the Alchemist! lol! Wish you good luck! "

          i mean wtf r u saying...what i get doesnt make any sense...

           

          Quick Reply:Guide to get Sandstone Drake Mount

          Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »