Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea TERA FPS FIX!!! (nvidia only)

TERA guides and tips for beginners Mar 8, 2012 11:56 pm

TOGGLE
Tips for beginners
TERA system guides
Tips & Tricks for new players (NA edition)
TERA Enchanting Guide
TERA English and non-English Fansite List
TERA Crystals Guide
TERA Latest FAQ
TERA Crafting Guide
Some tips to help you level up fast
TERA PvP System Introduction
System Requirements of TERA
TERA Glyph System Guide
TERA class/race introductionTERA class comparison
Which class will you choose in TERA?
TERA: Priest vs. Mystic
TERA Class Tips
Priest and Mystic comparison
The Races of TERA
TERA's Elin VS. Blade & Soul's Lyn
Most popular Race/Class in TERA
TERA's Warrior = Aion's Assassin?

TERA FPS FIX!!! (nvidia only)

Jun 19, 2013 1:13 pm
Ok i don't know it any1 have same problems, but with nvidia i had huge lags in dugneons and nexus :) so now even on high settings i have no problem with lags. this is my guide (Que) so if you going to post its somewhere else, please don't forget to write where you took it from..

1st step: Download Nvidia inspector From here and install it.
2nd step: Open nvidia inspector and press Driver settings (two screws), then just type in TERA if they will find tera.exe or tera profile select it and delete.
3rd step: OPEN NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL AND DO STEP BY STEP LIKE IN IMAGES:

4th step: Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\Config" and delete the following files.

S1Editor
S1EditorUserSettings
S1Engine
S1Game
S1Input
S1Option
S1UI

Start your game up so the S1 files get renewed.
Now use the following ini tweaks.

1.) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\
2.) Make a backup of the S1Engine file.
3.) Open up S1Engine
4.) Press F3 to use the search function to easily find the following lines and change them to the following settings.

UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True<----> UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False
Dont change the above line if you have ATI,since i don't know the effects of what will happen with ATI cards,only for Nvidia users.

bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=True <-----> bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False
(Only for Nvidia )

[Engine.GameEngine]
bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=30
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=80
( Your Min - Max FrameRate may be set lower or higher according to what your system is capable of and the fps your have right now.)

Now close the file,rightclick it,select properties and check the box that says Read Only,press ok and do the same for all other S1 files in that folder so nothing gets changed automatically.
---------------------------------------
Source: Dimension.shivtr.com

[ The post was edited by empire2x2 at Sep 18, 2013 6:08 am ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm

This isn't my guides but do what they tell too (to improve fps, i done that too)
Originally Posted by maxver:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager02.html <- Settings of flash player
http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/ <- Some info and guides about shockweave i guess.
I read that someone recommended to install new video codes (ex. k-lite ) when they have issues with flash player will check later on.

edit: Installed new K-lite codes 8.7.0 and:
1. Make limit to 10MB http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html
2. ADDED folder with TERA http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager04.html

Now I no longer have 'lag/delay' while opening skills inventory or options. Anyway friends from my guild told me that there was some update around 2MB but i didn't saw any update on my launcher ;O

Originally Posted by Katsudon
Okay good news guys. So I formatted my hard drive and installed a fresh new copy of Windows. I installed the drivers in my disk and didn't update them. If you're using nVidia, I installed the 295.73 driver for notebook (since I'm using a laptop).

Everything is fine now and running smoothly with or without UI. I'm running the game in 80FPS tops and 40-60FPS in Velika.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 23, 2013 7:59 am
    The above post isn't yours either.Post the Author of the guide because that would be me "SunTzuuu" as my accountname was on Tera.
    No problem btw. ;)

Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am
    Reply 2#  83.*.*.155

all above is my personal guide, only quoted isnt. its MY images, my text (my mistakes in text..) if you got SIMILAR guide it doesnt mean its not from mine too (its 1 year old guide i made and its in my guild tera website too). so be sure before posting :) thank you and have a nice day.

Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am
    That trick helps in a lot of games... but I still dont get it... Discrete Graphics Adapter and the Integrated one running at the same time?

Signature

Jun 26, 2013 9:55 am
    Reply 4#  Pelagato

it turns off your main card and turns in integrated video card. so this "trick" helps you to keep your main card "aka nvida" on.

Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm
    Reply 5#  empire2x2

hm... sounds like something related to the LucidVirtu MVP program.... Use the integrated one when you are not playing... that way you save tons of power... lol!

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm
      Reply 6#  Pelagato

exactly, it saves ur battery and goes to power saving mode :D or at least to int.video card +that guide turns off your shadows that eats most of ur cards vrams :)

Jun 27, 2013 3:09 am
      Thanks Que ! The lags has been a drag since I started playing this game.

Jun 27, 2013 5:06 am
      Reply 8#  Myrphanos

You welcome

Jun 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am

HOLY SHIT BALLS IT WORKED

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 18, 2013 6:08 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by 173.*.*.29 at Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am
        HOLY SHIT BALLS IT WORKED     

Good to know :)

Sep 20, 2013 3:21 am
        does this really work for nvidia users?

Sep 21, 2013 11:25 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by 213.*.*.132 at Sep 20, 2013 3:21 am
        does this really work for nvidia users?     
        Try it and post here the result.

Sep 28, 2013 1:35 am
        i have a GTX 765M but sadly i'm only getting like 20-40 fps in open areas, 17-27 in Velika.. Does your guide also increases FPS?

Sep 28, 2013 2:31 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by yomiko24 at Sep 28, 2013 1:35 am
        i have a GTX 765M but sadly i'm only getting like 20-40 fps in open areas, 17-27 in Velika.. Does your guide also increases FPS?     
        Yes. Nvidia video cards aren't good optimized with Tera Online, so this guide let you release all your video card power ;D

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 14, 2013 12:55 am
          [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/160/20130619/TERA_FPS_FIX_nvidia_only-51c210fdb0d28fc13-1.html#p51cb11d00889e2]4#[/url] [i]Pelagato[/i][/b] [br] [br]
          the images are too small! Can u upload bigger images? Thanks a lot!

Oct 14, 2013 12:49 pm
          Hi, just press on images to zoom them. or just do right mouse button and press view image. Hope it helps.

Oct 31, 2013 2:43 am
          [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/160/20130619/TERA_FPS_FIX_nvidia_only-51c210fdb0d28fc13-1.html#p51c210fdb0d28f]0#[/url] [i]empire2x2[/i][/b] [br] [br]
          This worked out incredibly well! Many thanks!

Quick Reply:TERA FPS FIX!!! (nvidia only)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »