Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Aion Will Aion Ever Fulfil Promises of the Vision Trailer

Will Aion Ever Fulfil Promises of the Vision Trailer

Mar 28, 2016 12:31 am

Plenty of you must have seen the Aion 3.0 Vision Trailer from NCSoft that was released back in 2012. The developer showcased some rather promising features that were planned to be implemented.
Since then, Aion has taken a rather different direction, and many of the things in the Vision Trailer that got us excited never really made it to the game. The Vision Trailer was meant to be for version 3.0 of the Korean MMORPG, and yet the Korean servers are already running beyond version 5.0.

The Vision Trailer showcased beautiful visuals, enormous World Bosses with pleasing animations, swimming..., tameable animals, badass skill animations, sieges from airships in the housing areas and underwater worlds. Since the release of the trailer, Aion has gone through plenty of significant changes, and new skills have indeed been introduced, although not the ones that we could see in the Vision Trailer. The introduced housing system has basically been left in its initial state, there is still no swimming which is slightly shocking and World Bosses do not look at all like the awesome ones that we saw in the trailer.

I am beginning to wonder, whether NCSoft will ever decide to implement the nifty features that they hinted through the Vision Trailer, or will they simply be scrapped for good. I was personally really excited about the tameable animals, and I remember constantly looking around for mobs that I would have wanted as mounts ,but sadly it never became reality.

With the arrival of 5.0, tons of great changes have been made to Aion, but still not the ones that Aion's player base has been craving for since the release of the Vision Trailer. Western regions are still waiting for the 5.0 update, and are currently running the 4.9 version, which also brought quite a few changes.

I have still not given up on the elements introduced in the Vision Trailer, and hopefully, one day NCSoft will come to realize that those ideas should have been made available in Aion long ago. Take a look at the Vision Trailer below.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm
change game engine before game release = Hard
change game engine after game release (single player) = Very Hard
change game engine after game release (mmo) = Legendary!

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 30, 2016 4:13 pm
    Grasp Unreal Engine 4, name it Aion II...and I'll be in!! [SMILE=25]

Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm
    change game engine before game release = Rare
    change game engine after game release (single player) = It's an Epic
    change game engine after game release (mmo) = WHOA Legendary!

Fixed, if you get where I am pointing at

Also, real comment... not really legendary, Blizzard did it for their World of Warcraft, so it's not impossible.

And yea, I remember this video... it was the day when I signed up for an Aion account...
    But I decided to play another game instead for a while.
    And it seems I forgotten all about Aion a bit afterwards, since I didn't see any more updates about Aion besides the Robot class....

Mar 31, 2016 2:51 am
    [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/750534/2]chaosity[/url] at Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm
    [quote]change game engine before game release = Rare
    change game engine after game release (single player) = It's an Epic
    change game engine after game release (mmo) = WHOA Legendary! [/quote]

Fixed, if you get where I am pointing at

Also, real comment... not really legendary, Blizzard did it for their World of Warcraft, so it's not impossible.

And yea, I remember this video... it was the day when I signed up for an Aion account...
    But I decided to play another game instead for a while.
    And it seems I forgotten all about Aion a bit afterwards, since I didn't see any more updates about Aion besides the Robot class.... [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20160328/Will_Aion_Ever_Fulfil_Promises_of_the_Vision_Trailer-56f8ddc311e0f9d13-1.html#p56fcaca5254e06][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]
    Aion have upgrade visual (advance graphic engine) like WoW. but i think Aion vision will be different engine, i mean new engine not upgrade current engine, so they need more time to implement that

Quick Reply:Will Aion Ever Fulfil Promises of the Vision Trailer

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »