Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Aion How to Significantly Improve FPS in Aion

How to Significantly Improve FPS in Aion

Mar 9, 2016 9:23 pm

Recently an old friend of mine enlightened me about a rather nifty trick that can significantly improve your Aion gaming experience.
Aion has been well known for its optimization issues that can cause low FPS even on high-end PCs, but some rather gifted players have discovered and revealed a great way that can immensely improve Aion's performance.

The aforementioned trick is not new, and some of you might have already used it before, but I am well convinced that there are loads of people out there who did not know about it. The method was originally revealed on PvP All Day, and was claimed to be originating from the creators of AionLite.

Vinlock, the creator of the post shared the following:

The creator of AionLite has found a way to enable Aion to play much smoother on your systems! Vashiro has let me in on this little system.cfg tweak that you can do! Follow these steps to tweak your Aion!

1. Download the Aion System.cfg Editor at - http://rainy.ws/downloads/1432/
2. Run the Aion System.cfg Editor as Admin (Right Click the file and "Run as Administrator")
3. In the editor, click "Load" and navigate to the folder that Aion is installed in on your computer.
4. Select the system.cfg and load it into the editor.
5. At the bottom, add the following lines:

e_hw_occlusion_culling_water = "0"
g_showFPS = "1"
r_MultiThreaded = "1"
r_MultiGPU = "2"
sys_physics_CPU = "0"
ca_UseFacialAnimation = "0"
ca_UsePhysics = "0"
g_chatlog = "1"
g_save_preset = "1"
g_maxfps = "-1"

These are the basic tweaks that can already significantly improve your FPS value, but there are tons of other settings you can play around with. The creator of the post also warns us, thath the European publisher of Aion, Gameforge, does not tolerate tweaking the FPS value, so be sure to set it to 60 in case you are playing on EU servers and happen to be streaming or recording. In order to get all of this working, you will need to launch Aion using the .bat file, which most of you must already know how to do by now.

If you would like to see all of the available settings, head over to PvPAllDay.

I decided to try this method personally, and I must say I am greatly impressed with the FPS values rising above 120 and Aion really feels smoother than it ever did. I would like to thank Kombi from Aion EU for letting me know about these little tricks and if you are currently struggling with FPS issues in Aion, especially during sieges, it might just be a good idea to try these out.

[ The post was edited by DanielCsaki at Mar 11, 2016 1:25 am ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Aug 6, 2016 3:21 am
It saves. You run Aion once, you have to repeat this process every time.

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 29, 2016 1:52 am
    The problem is i get random letters that i don't understand and i don't know what's where..

Nov 16, 2016 8:21 am
    [SMILE=5] Perfect!

mobile forum
    posted via cellphone

Nov 29, 2016 4:31 am
    I play Aion on gameforge , if i apply this , it's against the rules ? I dont want to get ban

mobile forum
    posted via cellphone

Dec 19, 2016 9:14 am
    When you log into the game you can also go into options and click on system settings tab at the top. Theres a power saver mode that you can uncheck. It helps with the fps

Feb 10, 2017 11:00 pm
    too save the setting you have to run the game via .bat file !!

1. Download the Aion System.cfg Editor at - [url]http://rainy.ws/downloads/1432/[/url]
    2. Run the Aion System.cfg Editor as Admin (Right Click the file and "Run as Administrator")
    3. In the editor, click "Load" and navigate to the folder that Aion is installed in on your computer.
    4. Select the system.cfg and load it into the editor.
    5. At the bottom, add the following lines:

e_hw_occlusion_culling_water = "0"
    g_showFPS = "1"
    r_MultiThreaded = "1"
    r_MultiGPU = "2"
    sys_physics_CPU = "0"
    ca_UseFacialAnimation = "0"
    ca_UsePhysics = "0"
    g_chatlog = "1"
    g_save_preset = "1"
    g_maxfps = "-1"

Once you do that go to System.cfg right cllick and enter Properties and click Read Only option and press ok.. then run the game via .bat file and setting will be saved.

TIP: to make any changes to the System.cfg again you have to Uncheck the "Read Only" and press ok.. when you done you check it again.

PS: Gameforge dosnt allow more then 60FPS in game so if you are planning to play with more dont stream and if you make a SS becarefull the fps wont be on the SS ( ScreenShot)

i hope i helpt!

MMOsite Special Offer

Quick Reply:How to Significantly Improve FPS in Aion

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »