Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Aion AION NA Free-to-play Update Hits This Spring

AION NA Free-to-play Update Hits This Spring

Feb 21, 2012 5:40 pm
EU players have got the free-to-play version of AION, and soon, NA players will have access to a free version of this game. I don't know whether KR players will be mad with this matter? LOL.
NCsoft announced that AION, rebranded as AION: Ascension will be free to play in NA at the beginning of this spring, which also is the time when update content 3.0 comes. In this update, it brings a new level cap to 60, as well as some new zones, mounts, houses and instances.
Detailed news, please check gamespot.
Are you going to return the game when AION free-to-play version releases?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 21, 2012 6:58 pm
Yup yup. Also, the original poster mentioned Europe has the F2P version. I just wanted to clarify that this is NOT like Europe. This is dubbed "Truly" F2P. This is just like Lineage II. That means people that do spend money won't get any advantages like the Europe version has. The Europe version has an optional subscription version which gives advantages to subscribers. Ascension is the official patch name they are giving to 3.0 just like how 2.0 was known as Assault on Balaurea (AoB)

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm
    lol.... I am wondering why they are making a better offer in NA....? Are they trying to save the game by getting them into it and then make sure that they expend a bucket of money in the cash shop?

Signature

Feb 23, 2012 1:31 am
    Well I entered the EU beta proudly and got to 20+ within a day or two of server close, but looks like I may be going to the NA server later on instead :)

Feb 23, 2012 7:25 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by mikha at Feb 23, 2012 1:31 am
    Well I entered the EU beta proudly and got to 20+ within a day or two of server close, but looks like I may be going to the NA server later on instead :)     
    !!!

What do you mean by server close???? as far as I know EU still have servers....

Signature

Feb 23, 2012 8:33 am
    Reply 4#  Pelagato

he meant beta server closed. and like him i will also go to na aion when it becomes f2p, i am too small for the elite(??) europeans.

Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am
    [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/592690/2]AionDarkness[/url] at Feb 21, 2012 6:58 pm
    Yup yup. Also, the original poster mentioned Europe has the F2P version. I just wanted to clarify that this is NOT like Europe. This is dubbed "Truly" F2P. This is just like Lineage II. That means people that do spend money won't get any advantages like the Europe version has. The Europe version has an optional subscription version which gives advantages to subscribers. Ascension is the official patch name they are giving to 3.0 just like how 2.0 was known as Assault on Balaurea (AoB) [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20120221/AION_NA_Freetoplay_Update_Hits_This_Spring-4f444776973110f13-1.html#p4f4459d13ed44f][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]What advantage? There is NO advantage in gameplay. Nor the shop or gold package give advantage over other players. It's just make paying people faster to get a hold of ingame items. Still have to work for it. But you are paying real money, so you must have some rewards for that. Starter account can do the same with no problem. Only slower.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 23, 2012 8:25 pm
      indeed I ment the server close for the CB, sorry for the confusion.

Feb 24, 2012 1:17 am
      yea

Feb 25, 2012 10:38 am
      Will SWTOR, RIFT & A fraction of WOW players will play this?
      Just thinking...

Aion is a big game and offers more variety of game play.
      Hope by doing "Truly FREE" Aion will not get flooded by "Gold Sellers".

Feb 25, 2012 4:59 pm
      AFAIK Gold Sellers are there even it was P2P... So, should we expect more?

Anyway, I think i'll give this a shot.... *If I won't get it to GW2 Beta... XD

Signature

Feb 26, 2012 12:13 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by ExcEsc at Feb 25, 2012 4:59 pm
      AFAIK Gold Sellers are there even it was P2P... So, should we expect more?

Anyway, I think i'll give this a shot.... *If I won't get it to GW2 Beta... XD     
      Well, I can asure you that we are going to see a massive influx of bots... I remember the retail version back in 2008 and 2009... It was full of bots...

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Quick Reply:AION NA Free-to-play Update Hits This Spring

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »