Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Aion Aion Templar PVP Build Guide

Aion Templar PVP Build Guide

Dec 15, 2010 1:42 am
uhmm....what do you think about a templar using a mace,,? xDD

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 18, 2010 4:04 am
Let me say one thing. The main problem why most Tanks-Templars use GS 2-handed weapons (swords) Its because of the damage, using Shield it don't deal much damage.

So what fun do you get playing aion if you can't damage much and you pass the whole battle being a hobby for others?

I now it's the tank job, but it needs to be powerfull too if not it loses the fun.
So thats why some templars use 2 handed swords.
As templar I use both to charge all skills and then I return to the 2 Handed Sword. It might be an error of usage but 2 handed weapons cooldown is quicker to lose than the shield ones.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 27, 2010 4:11 pm
    nice guide

Mar 30, 2011 11:44 am
    est sockets Phy Crit: Attack 2:1
    crit  = 2
    att = 1

Apr 3, 2011 9:53 pm
    what do you mean by CCpots?

Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am
    Nice job dude (y) keep it up.

Jun 20, 2011 6:48 pm
    Hmmm! Are you sure is that good in 2.1 Aion All characters are strong!!!

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 27, 2011 6:58 am
      He is referig to the situation of 2 crit manastone and one atack or for each attack manastone ..you should use 2 crit ones. :)

Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm
      nice guide thanks for sharing dude

Dec 15, 2011 4:21 am
      [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/1269896/2]Delved[/url] at May 22, 2010 7:03 pm
      [QUOTE]Quote:
      Originally Posted by 81.*.*.89
      Stigmas are wrong mate u need bodyguard trust me that is an absolute MUST!!! my build is

Bodyguard - unwavering devotion - divine fury - divine slash (very handy when solo grinding + some nice dam in pvp solo action) - aether armor (also a MUST sux about the cd though but is needed when fighting CCers/fears) - Holy shield (just tested it and its also very handy) - inescapable judg (speaks for itself) - Break power 3

This is my build and so far it works very good. the only thing im still not 100% sure about is the holy shield...[/QUOTE]

Yes you need Bodyguard i couldnt agree more, but we were assuming you are out to battlefield solo. That is why i excluded the Bodyguard :D

Bodyguard is really important when you are in the group pvp. [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20100513/Aion_Templar_PVP_Build_Guide-4da825e5157cdda13-1.html#p4da8261d12aa6e][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]That's an ignneoius way of thinking about it.

Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm
      [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20100513/Aion_Templar_PVP_Build_Guide-4da825e5157cdda13-1.html#p4da8261c881b89]4#[/url] [i]sgonzo[/i][/b] [br] [br]We denfiitely need more smart people like you around.

Dec 16, 2011 9:28 pm
      [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/1269896/2]Delved[/url] at May 22, 2010 7:03 pm
      [QUOTE]Quote:
      Originally Posted by 81.*.*.89
      Stigmas are wrong mate u need bodyguard trust me that is an absolute MUST!!! my build is

Bodyguard - unwavering devotion - divine fury - divine slash (very handy when solo grinding + some nice dam in pvp solo action) - aether armor (also a MUST sux about the cd though but is needed when fighting CCers/fears) - Holy shield (just tested it and its also very handy) - inescapable judg (speaks for itself) - Break power 3

This is my build and so far it works very good. the only thing im still not 100% sure about is the holy shield...[/QUOTE]

Yes you need Bodyguard i couldnt agree more, but we were assuming you are out to battlefield solo. That is why i excluded the Bodyguard :D

Bodyguard is really important when you are in the group pvp. [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20100513/Aion_Templar_PVP_Build_Guide-4da825e5157cdda13-1.html#p4da8261d12aa6e][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]Why do I btoher calling up people when I can just read this!

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 16, 2011 10:30 pm
        [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/16/20100513/Aion_Templar_PVP_Build_Guide-4da825e5157cdda13-1.html#p4da8261d4092c6]13#[/url] [i]k4k2sh1[/i][/b] [br] [br]Hey, good to find someone who argees with me. GMTA.

Jan 1, 2012 2:35 am
        guys can u write the skill that we must use in pvp like 1 23 456789 ?????????????????????? to hit them i play pserver and want know

Feb 28, 2012 1:33 am
        [SMILE=2]well i was rading this thing and some one was talking about yousing 2hand sword you must trie yousing 2hand sword and a sword and shield it is the best i think wean fighting othere class you swich to 2hand sword d\to do alot of damage and wean he starts youseing heavey attacks you swich to sowrd and shields it works for me but hey trie it and see if it helps

Mar 7, 2012 8:13 am
        Can somebody please answer me on these question :

1.___ Except Block manastones shal I put Attack manastones or +Physical Crit ? Because I only have Attack manastones :S

2.___  What means this :  Rest sockets Phy Crit: Attack 2:1 ???

Atm I am lvl 25

I need your help :C

Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Avulsed at Mar 7, 2012 8:13 am
        Can somebody please answer me on these question :

1.___ Except Block manastones shal I put Attack manastones or +Physical Crit ? Because I only have Attack manastones :S

Atm I am lvl 25

Since you are still lvl 25, means you are tanking Noschana and Fire Temple soon enough i suggest to;

Target: 1100 block and for the empty sockets try to make Phy Crit: Attack 2:1

Means every 2 physical crit stones you socket, the next empty socket will be for attack stone.

Example lets say you have both Breastplate 3 slots and Leggings 3 slots left

Put 2 PCrits stone in Breastplate and 1 Attack stone
        Put 2 PCrits stone in Leggings and 1 Attack stone

Tips : If you tank a lot, get the block requirement and people will love you in instances which means you will level fast, but if you prefer solo grinding, you can add more crits and attacks to grind faster.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2012 3:44 am
          Quote: Originally Posted by Delved at Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by Avulsed at Mar 7, 2012 8:13 amCan somebody please answer me on these question :

Atm I am lvl 25

Since you are still lvl 25, means you are tanking Noschana and Fire Temple soon enough i suggest to;

Target: 1100 block and for the empty sockets try to make Phy Crit: Attack 2:1

Means every 2 physical crit stones you socket, the next empty socket will be for attack stone.

Example lets say you have both Breastplate 3 slots and Leggings 3 slots left

Put 2 PCrits stone in Breastplate and 1 Attack stone
          Put 2 PCrits stone in Leggings and 1 Attack stone

Tips : If you tank a lot, get the block requirement and people will love you in instances which means you will level fast, but if you prefer solo grinding, you can add more crits and attacks to grind faster.     

Now I am almost lvl 40 and I got these questions :

1.___ My entire gear is almost golden and I got 4 sockets in each part ( except pants - 5 sockets ) ,
          So should I go now 3:1 ? I mean in every part to put 1 attack stone no matter how much sockets I got and rest Crit strike ? People telling me that I shouldnt use Attack stones at all , only crit stones ?

2.___ People confusing me with the weapons - saying I have to wear Greatsword as my MAIN weapon , other people say shield and sword , but idk bro what is the truth ? please help me with this.

3.___ About stigmas people told me that your stigmas aint right for pvp Templar , now honestly now I am so confused :C
          4.___ And what about block stones ? People telling me I need to have at least 3 parts full socketed with block stones ? Cause this is Aion 2.7 I think and maybe things changed ?

5.___ Everyone is saying that I shouldn't put any Attack manastones , instead of that all Crit ? :S

Thx in advance

[ The post was edited by Avulsed at Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm ]

Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm
          Reply 37#  Avulsed

1. You stop using attacks stones when you have abyss gears, but now you can experiment the 3 crits : 1 attacks, not a big deal.

2.They are confusing themselves too, templar is shield holder. Like this, its true you need to switch 2hnd and shield from time to time. Lets say an archer jumps on you, that shield will reduce the damage + block greatly, get to him/her IJ - Stun - Damage 2x - Stun - Switch 2Hand - and Final Blow. For mages you need to stun them ASAP. use all the shield skills and finish them off with 2-H

You need to time in pvp, like me i sould kill every classes real fast in 1 pull, assuming succed IJ  (except glad and templar) stun hit stun hit 2H final blows, if they run shield  + Divine Justice and finish them off.  Never walk around with 2-H

The point is when you think you can finish them off or your gears are way better than them then yes, you can just hit them with 2H without bother to stun maybe, but still its not a pro templars playstyle.

3. Dont worry about stigmas

IJ
          Baricade of steel
          Divine Justice
          Prayer of Resilience IV
          Break Power IV
          Empyrean Fury I
          Aether Armor I
          Punishment V

The rest you can add HP or maybe 2-H skills if enough slots.

4. It is not necessary to get 3 parts or 4 or 5, its the numbers you need to see. At your level you need 2200 block. try ask around for Sins and Glads accuracy. If majority below your blocks than you are good, duel melee players and see the block rate.

5. Well you can do that too. I dunno about now but before we had 550 Crit's cap. Means more of that the system would only read 550.

So try to see templar pvp videos bro. Good Luck.

Mar 23, 2012 1:05 am

Alright , thank you very much and for now I only have last 2 questions and that should be it :

1.___ HOW to switch FAST weapons ? Cause I am trying to do it and it just doesn't switch in the middle of pvp ? I have to go back and stop attacking to change it where I loose ofc , so can u tell me what's the trick of that fast switching ? Any shortcuts or something ? Cause I just can't stun some1 and then switch to hit him :(

2.___ What about that mace thing ? I see a lot of people also using mace instead of sword ?

That should be it , thx in advance = )

Quick Reply:Aion Templar PVP Build Guide

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »