Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Star Wars: The Old Republic SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS and more

Welcome to MMOsite SWTOR Forum! Dec 28, 2011 1:01 am

TOGGLE
╔════════════════════╗

New Here
SWTOR IGN Thread

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

Bugs and Solutions
SWTOR bugs and solutions
BioWare responds to SWTOR performance issues
SWTOR's high resolution texture issue

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

New Updates
SWTOR 1.2 Patch Notes
SWTOR 1.2 World Event Guide

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

Flashpoint Guides
SWTOR Flashpoint Guides
Directive 7 Guide
False Emperor Guide
Lost Island Guide

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

Leveling Guides
[Guide]How to level up fast in SWTOR?

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

Classes Guides
SWTOR Smuggler Guide
SWTOR Imperial Agent Guide
SWTOR Commando Guide
SWTOR Sith Inquisitor Guide
SWTOR Jedi Consular Guide

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

PvP Guides
SWTOR PvP tips for beginners

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

SWTOR Pets
SWTOR Pets List
SWTOR 1.2 Orokeet Pet Guide
SWTOR 1.2 Pet Tauntauns Guide

╚════════════════════╝

SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS and more

Dec 20, 2011 1:22 am
Problem 1: Client stuck at downloading the game at X%
- Make sure your firewall and other anti-virus programs are disabled and try downloading again.
- Quite obvious, but ensure you have stable Internet. This is often overlooked.
- Have you recently configured your router? Undo any changes you’ve recently made. A quick factory reset might help, but use this as a last resort.

Problem 2: APPCRASH when launching SWTOR client

If you’re getting the APPCRASH error when starting Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), try these fixes:

Possible Solution #1: Disable fullscreen mode
- Go to your the folder where you installed Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR)
- Look for the file client_defaults.ini and open it
- Press Ctrl+F search for the following line: FullScreen=true
- Change ‘true’ to ‘false’
- Restart SWTOR

Possible Solution #2:
Run SWTOR in administrator mode.

Possible Solution #3:
Turn your in-game resolution a notch down (1280×800 would be good). Star Wars: The Old Republic should work smoothly now.

Possible Solution #4:
Make sure you installed SWTOR in your main C: Drive with sufficient space.

Possible Solution #5:
Make SWTOR recreate your local game data by deleting: C:/Users/…/AppData/Local/

Problem 3: Various Star Wars: The Old Republic Crashes, APPCRASH Errors, SWTOR has stopped responding

You may be experiencing one or more of the following crashes and errors:
- RemoteRenderer.dll Crash
- Blue screen / Black screen
- nv4_mini.dll
- MSVCR90.dll

If so try the applicable solutions in found above in Problem 2. You may also try running through our list of general fixes, or proceed to Problem 4 solutions below.

Problem 4: SWTOR Error Fix – Internal Error ABORT: Pointer is null (.socket.c/385)
Simply disable your firewall, or alternatively add SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your firewall exceptions list.

Problem 5: Game Crashes after Creating Character
Try the following basic solutions:
- Run in windowed mode
- Reduce screen resolution in the in-game options

Problem 6: Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) Install Fails, Cannot Install

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.

Problem 7: Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) freezing.

Problem 8: Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.

Problem 9: Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.

Problem 10: Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Disable vsync and antialiasing on the game’s exe file after enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia), finally enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on D3DOverrider. Check our technical references page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.

Alternatively, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to bring up the Task Manager, go to processes, select the game’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this everytime you play the game.

In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our technical references page for some suggestions.
Finally make sure that your internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem.

Problem 11: Error Code 9000
1. running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack 2 as an administrator.
2. Reset your router to fabric settings. / set your firewall settings to low.
3. Open your Ports router/ firewall. The port numbers that are required are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP).

If that doesn’t help, hit this forum thread and try some of the other solutions.

Problem 12: Error Code 7
The solution can be found here.

Related article:
http://crashfixes.com
http://www.gamefront.com

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 20, 2011 4:47 am
Well I was playing the game from Dec 14 for few days. But to be honest I am already bored of SWTOR, Reminds me to much of RIFT, just with another grafikstyle. Anyways never noticed any bugs in that few days.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 20, 2011 7:22 am
    Well, at least this game doesnt have a 100 problems like other titles...

Signature

Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am
    Still has the issue of being another generic copy/paste mmo that doesn't bring anything new where it counts. By the time that's solved if it ever is solved it'll be too late. It'll get destroyed by all the new innovative mmos.

Dec 20, 2011 12:15 pm
    The bugs are numerous... There are balance issues, some classes can complete a quest much easier than others, especially classes with some forms of healing. You cannot bring up your charator screen and the Auction market. Everything is compared to your equipment and not your companion. The filters for this don't work either. To upgrade your companion you have to keep going back and forth and try to remember the stats you have to compare against.
    Getting killed happens, the penalty is wait time. If you are in an instance for your class quest it is not so easy to go back to the med center when killed. After that third death it's over a ten minute wait and you are looking for other thngs to do during the wait times. After it happens a few times you are looking for an entirely different game. Then there are the huge time sinks like having to run back to fleet or a major city everytime you skill up a lil with your crew skills and they don't tell you when... You can bind but you can't fast travel off planet or to say.. fleet... After a few days of the alful time sinks it gets really old and you reeveluate if you want to be doing this.

Dec 20, 2011 3:13 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by 98.*.*.245 at Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am
    Still has the issue of being another generic copy/paste mmo that doesn't bring anything new where it counts. By the time that's solved if it ever is solved it'll be too late. It'll get destroyed by all the new innovative mmos.     

What the hell is the meaning of innovative???? MMORPGs are a genre and TOR use the things that this genre needs to have... thats all... If you think that this games are Copy Paste crap, then go and play Call of Duty or some other crap....

Signature

Dec 20, 2011 4:22 pm
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/154/20111220/SWTOR_bugs_and_solutions_Crash_Appcrash_Error_Codes_Black_screen_Poor_FPS_and_more-4ef053c784c952013-1.html#p4ef11695527d1a]5#[/url] [i]Pelagato[/i][/b] [br] [br]
    Why would I do that? -.- Call of Duty hasn't brought anything really new to the shooter genre since the first MW. Also the mindset that a tab target combat system is "necessary" for a mmo when it was originally created simply because 10 years ago computers couldn't handle a better combat system with as many people as there are in a mmo is what's holding mmos back from improving. TERA, PlanetSide 2, PSO 2, Firefall, GunZ 2, and RaiderZ are all proof that computer technology has come far enough that we don't need that outdated tab target combat no skill required combat system in anymore new mmos. It completely wastes the potential of a new mmo when you copy that outdated piece of crap as the mechanic you'll be using the most in a game that's supposed to last for years. There is absolutely no excuse for developers to be that lazy anymore.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by 98.*.*.245 at Dec 20, 2011 4:22 pm
      Reply 5#  Pelagato

Why would I do that? -.- Call of Duty hasn't brought anything really new to the shooter genre  since the first MW. Also the mindset that a tab target combat system is "necessary" for a mmo when it was originally created simply because 10 years ago computers couldn't handle a better combat system with as many people as there are in a mmo is what's holding mmos back from improving. TERA, PlanetSide 2, PSO 2, Firefall, GunZ 2, and RaiderZ are all proof that computer technology has come far enough that we don't need that outdated tab target combat no skill required combat system in anymore new mmos. It completely wastes the potential of a new mmo when you copy that outdated piece of crap as the mechanic you'll be using the most in a game that's supposed to last for years. There is absolutely no excuse for developers to be that lazy anymore.     
      You sir, hit the nail on the head. You are my hero.

Dec 21, 2011 8:39 am
      "Problem 6: Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) Install Fails, Cannot Install

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them."

I have this problem

How exactly do I uninstall C++ ?

Jan 5, 2012 1:41 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by 98.*.*.245 at Dec 20, 2011 4:22 pm
      Reply 5#  Pelagato

Why would I do that? -.- Call of Duty hasn't brought anything really new to the shooter genre  since the first MW. Also the mindset that a tab target combat system is "necessary" for a mmo when it was originally created simply because 10 years ago computers couldn't handle a better combat system with as many people as there are in a mmo is what's holding mmos back from improving. TERA, PlanetSide 2, PSO 2, Firefall, GunZ 2, and RaiderZ are all proof that computer technology has come far enough that we don't need that outdated tab target combat no skill required combat system in anymore new mmos. It completely wastes the potential of a new mmo when you copy that outdated piece of crap as the mechanic you'll be using the most in a game that's supposed to last for years. There is absolutely no excuse for developers to be that lazy anymore.     
      Technology or not the genre is the genre, complaining about innovation is not going to change anything at all, that is how things work, the game was made in such a way and thats it... Some mmos like to take the pseudo targeting approach but its targeting anyway...

What exactly is innovation??? One big MMO with crosshair targetting and hitboxes around every player??? that was made in doom, quake and halflife back in the mid 90s... Nothing innovative there...

Good luck in your innovative quest... lulz

Signature

Jan 19, 2012 10:01 am
      I Had the same problems with the black screen! I solved it with pushing (Alt Enter)… everything works

May 28, 2012 10:47 pm
      Isn't most of the 'innovation' just based on whether or not a game uses tab targetting or not? As far as I can tell, if it uses a tab target system, its called a copy/paste of some older MMO (Typically WoW). If I am wrong be free to let me know, but from what the users tend to say, thats it exactly. Yes, computers may not have been able to handle free targeting games in the past, and yes, they can now. But does that mean that every game should use that system? If every game from this point on uses that system, then soon enough youll be hearing people cry out for some new form of 'innovation' to replace it. Again, if I am wrong, I welcome correction.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 28, 2012 5:31 am
        Appearently the mail system has a glitch at least recently from time to time. youll have mail, go to a box and then it will error and the mail will "vanish". This isnt just a "relog" solvable problem. what you can do to temp solve the problem is send yourself a mail from another character and then relog the toon and all your mail should be back in the box. Never hurts to file a ticket though to refer the bug to those who may be able to rpevent a glitch in the future.

Signature

Jun 28, 2012 7:30 am
        Talking about in game mails... I notice that Bioware added a few extra mail icons in the map but the actual mail box is not there lol!

Signature

Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am
        Im gona try this game and finally see with my own eyes on what side it is, the light side or the dark side

Signature

Dec 23, 2012 12:37 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Echoman at Dec 23, 2012 9:04 am
        Im gona try this game and finally see with my own eyes on what side it is, the light side or the dark side     
        Well, have fun, the game is free right now... Its heavily restricted but at least you should get an idea of what is going on in the game...

have fun...

ps: Let us know what you think about it...

Signature

Dec 23, 2012 1:04 pm
        Reply 15#  Pelagato

If only its download speed would be faster

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 8, 2013 2:55 am
          I have a problem.
          Completely downloaded SWTOR.
          But my client (in-game) sais, that only 99.99% are downloaded and I am still playing the Quick Play Mode.
          I tried to delete folders is the game root and then download 'em again.
          But this aint working.
          Help me please.

Aug 19, 2013 11:42 pm
          [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/154/20111220/SWTOR_bugs_and_solutions_Crash_Appcrash_Error_Codes_Black_screen_Poor_FPS_and_more-4ef053c784c952013-1.html#p52036b1ce9a055]17#[/url] [i]84.*.*.37[/i][/b] [br] [br]Try restarting computer
          Then deleting folder
          C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
          Then running FixLauncher.exe
          Then starting the launcher. Worked for me.

Dec 2, 2013 3:56 pm
          hi everytime i open my character screen where it shows my character and my morals like light side or darks side....EVERY TIME i open that my whole screen goes fuzzy and i have to log off and log back on because it affects the whole computer. plzzz heelllpp????

Quick Reply:SWTOR bugs and solutions - Crash, Appcrash, Error Codes, Black screen, Poor FPS and more

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »