Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home AIKA Why Is AIKA so good?

Why Is AIKA so good?

Feb 12, 2010 11:00 pm
AIKA is really so awesome! ppl just love it within five-minute gameplay!!

Face it, Aika is great on paper, but the game is FAR from being ready-even for closed beta testing. I played for FIVE minutes. I know that many of you will start criticizing me for only playing for that long, but hey, those that do so are blatantly showing their inability to read everything.

Now, I've only played for five minutes and I have already seen way too many fundamental flaws with this game. These are not things like slow leveling, slow killing speeds, typos, or whatnot. These are the things that make or break games.

1. Incredibly easy to bug up the WASD controls. In 5 minutes of playing, I've had my character perform a walking animation on the spot on several occasions. Besides that, the rendering of your character's orientation is off-you will start walking in one direction while facing another. Movement in general is very buggy.

2. Cannot jump off a wall. You may laugh at this, but hey, it's pretty basic.

3. Wallhacks. Well, not through the walls, but through other doodads. I'm quite used to running through small fences and such; being able to run through entire rocks is a whole other matter. Some rocks let you walk halfway through them then magically teleport you above them.

4. Textures. The camera seems to close in at a fixed rate, causing many texture render bugs.

5. EZ-mode. This is a two-way topic, but the quests pretty much hold your hand through everything. Where's the adventure?

I'll say this now: the only good part about this game is the graphics, and even at that, they're not exactly the best (even compared to only F2Ps). I suppose the lolis are another big plus, but only if you're into that sort of thing, and face it, 99% of the people playing Aika are playing for the lolis.

So, to sum up my 5-minute-review: Aika Online has some great concepts behind it, but it really is NOT ready for closed beta testing.

This is one player's review!

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 13, 2010 5:40 pm
You played for 5 minutes. You aren't qualified to review it.
You can barely even finish the first quest in that time.
Quest might be easy at the start, but they get very difficult. Like, running through 30 enemies to capture a flag without being attacked while collecting.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 14, 2010 4:30 am
    Rant from 1 to 4 was basically just graphic issues that barely affect the gameplay, the rant 5 is because you just played 5 minutes, soon the quests geet much harder and some even give options.

Signature

Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm
    Aika is one of the best f2p mmo's I have played in a while.

It can be a bit buggy in the beta phase but the gameplay is fun.
    This post has been modified on Feb 15 , 2010 01:46:56 PM by   RiskbreakerRiot.

Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm
    wow i cant play my pc broke T_t

Feb 17, 2010 4:49 am
    yes same problem

Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm
    haha mine not xDD

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 22, 2010 3:25 pm
      Aika isn't "good," it's grrrrrrrrreat!

Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm
      Havent played it yet.
      but what i see, hear etc it seems pretty good

Feb 16, 2012 9:17 am
      Seems like a fun games... but I'm saying that because it has warlock :3

oh... this is kinda necroing... but idc

Mar 28, 2012 3:36 am
      Haha, i also dont have my own idea about this. Just want to tell that im already stuck playing this game(AikaSEA) for almost 1 year from the day it launced. Maybe the spirit of aika(lol?), the trash talk inside the game, the reinforcement crazyness(haha wasting but fun to see our name come out on other ppl screen), the friendship created while playing the games. Haha. Not sure too. But Aika still my game until for now. ^^

Quick Reply:Why Is AIKA so good?

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »