AIKA is really so awesome! ppl just love it within five-minute gameplay!!
Face it, Aika is great on paper, but the game is FAR from being ready-even for closed beta testing. I played for FIVE minutes. I know that many of you will start criticizing me for only playing for that long, but hey, those that do so are blatantly showing their inability to read everything.
Now, I've only played for five minutes and I have already seen way too many fundamental flaws with this game. These are not things like slow leveling, slow killing speeds, typos, or whatnot. These are the things that make or break games.
1. Incredibly easy to bug up the WASD controls. In 5 minutes of playing, I've had my character perform a walking animation on the spot on several occasions. Besides that, the rendering of your character's orientation is off-you will start walking in one direction while facing another. Movement in general is very buggy.
2. Cannot jump off a wall. You may laugh at this, but hey, it's pretty basic.
3. Wallhacks. Well, not through the walls, but through other doodads. I'm quite used to running through small fences and such; being able to run through entire rocks is a whole other matter. Some rocks let you walk halfway through them then magically teleport you above them.
4. Textures. The camera seems to close in at a fixed rate, causing many texture render bugs.
5. EZ-mode. This is a two-way topic, but the quests pretty much hold your hand through everything. Where's the adventure?
I'll say this now: the only good part about this game is the graphics, and even at that, they're not exactly the best (even compared to only F2Ps). I suppose the lolis are another big plus, but only if you're into that sort of thing, and face it, 99% of the people playing Aika are playing for the lolis.
So, to sum up my 5-minute-review: Aika Online has some great concepts behind it, but it really is NOT ready for closed beta testing.
This is one player's review!