Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dekaron (2Moons) Ultimate gems guide v1.5

Ultimate gems guide v1.5

Nov 23, 2007 2:24 am
Ok,here comes another guide.In this one I will try to explain everything about gems and everything that gems are related with in 2moons.Guide is based on my testings and my  expirience since there is no official info on any of those stuff yet.If you dont agree with something,let me know and we can discuss it,but dont flame,as I wont take such posts into consideration. ;)
Here we go.

-----------------------------------------------------------

To understand how gems work,you first need to understand few basic concepts of this game,so those will be the first I explain in this guide.

1.Types of attack in 2Moons:

There are 2 types of attack-physical and magical attack.Physical attack is any damage that you do with your weapon or your body.Most classes in 2Moons do physical damage with their skills.On the other hand,magical attack is any damage that you do with magic.Afaik,mostly magicians and summoners do that type of damage.As for magician,more then 3/4 of his skills are based on magic damage.It doesnt mean though that mage cant cause physical damage.Whenever he use his energy skills or attack enemy directly with his wand/staff he will cause physical damage.Same goes for every class that might use magic damage.

2.Elements in 2Moons:

There are 5 elements:
-fire
-ice
-lightning
-poison
-curse

Beside regular dmg,all classes in 2Moons and also some mobs in 2Moons,can do element based damage,added to its normal physical/magical dmg.That can be acomplished either by wearing certain items/equipment on yourself that add extra element based damage to your attack,or by using element based skills(fire skills,ice skills etc.).
If you use items to increase your element based damage,they will add extra element damage of that type to your regular damage,and if you use element based skills whole your damage will be of that element type(+ dmg of same element that you get from items).

Example:

Imagine this scenario.You got a ring on you that adds +20 poison damage and a weapon that adds +80 poison damage.Using those equipment,you attack an enemy with a posion skill that does 500 damage.It means you will do 500 poison damage + 20 poison damage from ring + 80 poison damage from weapon. If your enemy has 0% resistance to all those elements, outcome damage will be 600 elemental damage.On the other hand,using ice skill that does same 500 damage,your posion damage wont add on it,because its not same element,so outcome damage will be just 500 ice damage from your skill.If you use a normal attack and lets say you do 200 physical damage with your normal attack poison damage will add on that physical attack and your outcome damage will be 200 physical damage +80 poison damage from wep +20 poison damage from ring.

NOTE: Real damage in game isnt so easy to calculate,because beside elemental damage,you also do magical/physical damage added based on your magic/physical attack which varies a lot.Also,mobs have defence,just as chars do which lowers damage taken.For that reason,damage you do on your enemies will never be constant.

3.Resistance in 2Moons:

ELEMENTAL RESISTANCE
Besides elemental based attack,all classes and mobs in 2Moons can also have elemental resistance.Each character in 2Moons have certain % of resistance to each of the 5 elements.That resistance can vary from 0%-75% and it will decrease dmg taken from certain element exactly for as much % of resistance as you got.Mobs can also have element resistance,so you should choose your skills/equipment wisely when fighting them.

PHYSICAL/MAGICAL RESISTANCE
Beside elemental resistance,all chars/mobs in 2Moons can also have physical resistance.It varies as well and it deacrease physical dmg taken by amount of % resistance you got.
As for magical resistance,it DOESNT EXIST.There is no resistance from magical attacks,and that it what gives mage advantage when he use pure energy based skills(non-elemental).Those are the only skills that mage got and that no class/mob can defend from.When mage use energy skills his enemies will always receive full potential dmg of that skill.Problem is that current mage energy skills are very weak and noone use them.I hope that will change when new skills come out.

NOTE: Some people say that energy skills do physical damage to enemies instead of magical.That might be true,even if I dont believe it,but I havent tested it yet,as there are no useful energy skills I could test atm.As soon as new mage skills come out,I will let you know. ;)

4.Defence in 2Moons:

Lets see how defence works in 2Moons.Pretty simple.Defence reduces ANY damage that your char takes.Whenever someone hits you your defence will lower the damage that he does to you.More defence you got,less damage he will do to you.Thats why defence is so important in 2Moons.

5.Types of gems:

Now that you know about all that,we can finally talk about gems. ;)
There are many types of gems in 2Moons.Since you already know what is physical/magical damage,elemental damage, physical/elemental resistance and defence lets just list those gems with the description of what they do and what types there are:

COMMON GEMS
MEDIAL:-increases defence of your armor by certain amount.Amount can vary from +3~+29.+18,+21 and +25 medials are most used armor gems in this game.
Usage type: armors/helmets/shields
Known denominations: +3/+5/+9/+13/+18/+21/+25/+29/+33

RHOMBUS:-increases physical attack of your weapon by certain amount.Amount can vary from +5~+52.+44,+48 and +52 are most used weapon gems in this game.
Usage type: weapons only

PYRAMID:-increases magical attack of your weapon by certain amount.Amount can vary from +4~+40.+36 and +40 pyramids are used mostly by lower lvl mages.Good because there is no resistance to counter it.

HP STONE:-increases your hp when socketed on item by certain amount.Amount can vary from +5~+60.
Usage type: weapons/armors/helmets/shields

MP STONE:-same as hp stone but increases mana and amount varies from +5~+66
Usage type: weapons/armors/helmets

BLOCKING BIJOU:-increases block rate of your item by 2%.Mostly used by knights,low purpose for other classes and low price.Cant be obtained from drop before lvl90 dungeon.
Usage type: shields
Known denominations: +2%

GUARD BIJOU:-Same as blocking bijou but increase your guard rate
Usage type: helmets

CRITICAL BIJOU-increases your critical attack rate by 1%.High purpose and very high price on market,cant be obtained from drop before lvl90 dungeon
Known denominations: +1%

ALL DEFENCE -increase all elemental resistance by 2%.
Usage type: Armor only
Known denominations: +2%

ELEMENTAL GEMS

There are 5 shapes of elemental gems:
-SPHERE(lightning)
-BEAD(fire)
-CUBE(ice)
-SKULL(poison)
-CRYSTAL(curse)

There is also 3 kinds of gems based on their shape that add certain damage and resistance:

ATTACK GEM(%):-adds % amount of certain elemental damage to your dmg based on your physical/magical attack.Amount can vary from +1%~+5%.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example attack bead,attack skull,etc.)
Known denominations: all from 1% to 5%

ATTACK GEM(+x):-adds +x amount of certain elemental damage to your weapon physical/magical attack.Amount can vary from +5~+47.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example attack bead,attack skull,etc.)

DEFENCE GEM:-add % amount of elemental resistance to your item.Amount can vary from +1%~+9%.Can come in each of 5 shapes(for example defence sphere,defence crystal etc.)
Usage type: armors/helmets/shields
Known denominations: all from 1% to 9%

NOTE: Amount of resistance,attack,etc. that certain gems can give in this manual is based on current 2Moons expirience.I believe on higher lvls higher bonus gems will be dropped from mobs,we just dont know about them yet,so I cant write about them in this manual yet.

6.Gems usage in 2Moons:

In order to put gems into your items,those items need to have sockets in them.Amount of sockets an item can have varies from 1~4.Some items can have maximum of 2 sockets and some can have maximum of 4.Some items drop from monsters with sockets in them,but if you want to make sockets in items that doesnt have them,you have to take them to alchemist(can be found in both loa and braiken) and pay money to make sockets.Remember that it is risky and expensive.If you fail in making a socket on item that already have some sockets,you may lose 1 socket from that item as well.Prices of socketing go up with lvl of item and type of item(normal,magic,noble,divine).

NOTE: Legendary items can\'t be socketed.

7.Frequently asked questions section:

In this section of the guide I will answer on any questions that you might have about gems or anything connected with gems.If you want to ask something,just reply in this topic.

Q:How do I remove gems from my equipment?
A:You can remove gems from your equipment by visiting alchemist in loa/braiken and paying certain amount of DIL to remove each gem from its socket.Just remember that you will not get your gem back and if you fail you may lose 1 socket.

Q:What is better,rhombus(+x dmg) or attack gem(+x% dmg)?
A:It depends on your lvl and your physical/magical attack.Rhombus will add constant damage directly to your physical damage while attack gem will add % amount of your physical damage to your attack.If your physical attack is high enough,attack gem will add more damage then rhombus.

Example 1.:
Imagine your base physical attack is 1000.If you add +4% to that it will be 40 attack.Compared to +44 rhombus,gem will add less and therefore +44 rhombus will add more bonus then 4% gem if your attack is 1000.

Example 2.:
Imagine your base physical attack is 2000.4% gem will add 80 damage,while best rhombus atm is +52 dmg,so 4% gem will add 28 more dmg then best rhombus.Therefore,4% gem will add more bonus then +52 rhombus if your attack is 2000.

NOTE:
Have in mind that elemental resistance is much more common with mobs and chars then physical resistance.Even though attack gems sometimes add much more damage then rhombus,they can be easily resisted and net less bonus then rhombus in the end,so if you use attack gems,take care of mobs resistance.Resistance for all mobs can be found on this link:

http://2moons.mmosite.com/guide/map/loa_castle_mob.shtml

Q:What is better,pyramid or attack gems?
A:It is same thing as with rhombus,only difference is that pyramid adds to magical damage instead of physical,and magical damage cant be resisted.Still,if a character has big magical damage,attack gems will give better bonus.

Q:What is better,medial or defence gems?
A:Medial,of course,but sometimes it is good to have 2 sets of armors,1 with medials,and another with defence gems.Reason for that is that mobs on certain maps(like lvl90 dungeon) have 100% elemental attack and by wearing armor of according element resistance you can lower the dmg you take from the mobs significantly.

Q:How come attack gems % is sometimes based on physical attack,and sometimes on magical?
A:Im not 100% sure about that,but afaik,elemental gems are based on the type of skills you use.If you use magic skills or magic attack,% of bonus attack gems add will be based on magical attack,and if you use physical skills or attack,% will be based on physical attack.That is only my opinion,I dont know how to explain it otherwise,since I tested both pyramids and attack gems on high magical attack,and attack gems always add more damage.It is possible that attack gems are based only on magical attack cause I havent tested physical yet,but according to many players that tested it thats not the case.If someone has different information,please let me know.

Q:I put a +3% gem in my wep but my atk hasn\'t changed. Does the damage show up in the atk stat?[/QUOTE]
A:No,when you use elemental gems(+x% gems) it wont show up in your stats because it isnt directly added on your stats.It is calculated from your base attack and added to your damage,so you can notice it only if you attack mobs with some other wep,then switch to wep with gem and attack again.Damage varies though so you will have to do it more times to actually feel the difference.

Q:Do gem effects add on segnale buffs or stack?
A:Gem effects add on segnale buffs.If youre getting certain attack from gem and segnale gives you attack buff,your dmg will be increased for amount of buff+amount of bonus that gem gives.Same is with other gems like medials and bijous.

Well,I hope I managed to satisfy your curiosity with this guide.You have to understand that this area of game is pretty big so I didnt go into every little detail since this manual would be 10 pages long,but I think I covered everything important that you need to know about gems and things that come with them.If you think there is anything missing,please let me know.Also,I would like to hear your feedback on this manual.Did you like it or not?

Have fun and good luck with making best pimped weapons in the game. ;)

SPECIAL THANKS to following people who helped me improve this guide:

KarmaMyFate
PKDragon
ThaDouche
KJSorc
Wyverex

This post has been modified on Nov 23 , 2007 02:37:56 AM by   Draghar.

Return to the list

Signature

2Moons info:
IGN: Draghar
Class: Mage
Level: 8x
Server: Trieste(Oread)
Guild: Enclave

Bookmark and share to your friends

Nov 23, 2007 5:08 am
O.o...very very very in-depth and informative....one thing,i havent came across a bijou before... is it in 2moons or still in dekaron but will be implemented sooner... if it already in 2moons how do you get them, or are they like really rare??? i think u left out max rhombus/max pyramid, though they seriously suck and there's no point knowing about them, but it'll make ur guide complete...ahahaha

Signature

Bombard me with any questions you wanna ask or any guide requests regarding 2moons and i'll see if i can help.
Only the awkward question; only the foolish ask twice.

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 23, 2007 5:28 am
    Im not sure where you can get bijous but Ive seen quite some amount of those at loa and braiken shops.Guard and block bijous sell for 50-100k atm but noone buys.Crit bijous are more rare,not sure about price atm.Special bosses at boss spawn event last mobs were dropping them too. :)

As for max rhomb and pyr I will add maybe,but I think those are in game by mistake cause highest Ive seen was +5 and you can only get it from noob maze quest I think.

Signature

2Moons info:
    Nov 23, 2007 5:37 am
    :) you should post the source too lol..maybe u'll have problems

Anyway the guide is very cool and informative

Signature

---->>My 2Moons Life ( Visit my blog )<<---

Nov 23, 2007 5:44 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UsaBoy91
    :) you should post the source too lol..maybe u'll have problems

Anyway the guide is very cool and informat ...

Im sorry,but there is no source.As I wrote in the start of guide,it is written only based on my testing and personal opinion.It might not be 100% correct,as some of the stuff written isnt confirmed by Acclaim,but that is what I gathered based on my 2Moons expirience and talking with guildies and friends.Im also open to suggestions from other people and questions,thats why I wrote v1.0 in the guide name. ;)
    This post has been modified on Nov 23 , 2007 05:45:27 AM by   Draghar.

Signature

2Moons info:
    Nov 23, 2007 6:17 am
    lol..if you wrote it by yourself...all i can say is congratulations :) because the guide is good ..especially for newbies ^^

Signature

---->>My 2Moons Life ( Visit my blog )<<---

Nov 23, 2007 7:55 am
    You get bijous in the 90 dungeon (Python).

You'll probably see crit gems for 1-2mil.

And ppl do buy guard and block gems. I have 6% block in my shield. Plus a lot of knights put 8% guard in their helms. They are obviously useless to a mage, but since AKs guard and block are so high, making it higher is even better.
    This post has been modified on Nov 23 , 2007 07:57:49 AM by   KarmaMyFate.

Signature

Class: AK
    Level: 10X
    Server: Trieste
    Build: Tribuild
    PvP Points: Maxed (1 Bil)

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 23, 2007 10:06 am
      I don't think you should make a guide based on your personal opinion unless it has been tested.If it has been tested over and over and has been confirmed then yes it would be okay to put, but if it hasn't been tested and it is what you think you could be just feeding mmositers lies.Also do research before you make a guide.Some of these things are wrong.......which you could have researched first, but you didn't.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Draghar
      Example:

Imagine you got 2 rings on you.One ring adds +20 fire dmg,another one adds +20 ice dmg.You also use weapon that adds +80 poison damage.Using those equipment,you attack an enemy with a lightning skill that does 500 damage.It means you will do 500 lightning damage + 20 fire damage +20 ice damage + 80 poison damage. If your enemy has 0% resistance to all those elements, outcome damage will be 620 elemental damage.

This is wrong.When you use a skill of a certain element only elemental damages of the element of the skill will be added on.For example, if you use a lightning skill only lightning damages will be added on....the ice,fire,and poison damage will not be added on.So in the example above you would only do 500 lightning damage.

Quote:
      Besides elemental based attack,all classes and mobs in 2Moons can also have elemental resistance.Each character in 2Moons have certain % of resistance to each of the 5 elements.That resistance can vary from 0%-100% and it will decrease dmg taken from certain element exactly for as much % of resistance as you got.

Beside elemental resistance,all chars/mobs in 2Moons can also have physical resistance.It varies as well from 0-100% and it deacrease physical dmg taken by amount of % resistance you got.

2 wrong things.Elemental resistance does not go up to 100% resistance.Elemental resistances cap at 75%.

As for pysical resistance I am not sure of, but I don't believe that you would know either.It seems that you are just guessing what it might be which you shouldn't be doing.

About the guide......it was "ok"

Nov 23, 2007 10:39 am
      You can socket legendaries, and the elemental attack gems add amounts of dmg for each normal hit you do too.

Signature

Guild: PUREsynergy
      Name: Douchebagspider
      Server: Trieste; Asray
      Level: 51 ;]
      Nov 23, 2007 10:41 am
      Wow, Nice guide .I also didnt know there were % physical dmg things... I haven't ever seen one of those.Do they drop in higher level area's?

Signature

Nov 23, 2007 10:41 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PkDragon
      I don't think you should make a guide based on your personal opinion unless it has been tested.If it has been tested over and over and has been confirmed then yes it would be okay to put, but if it hasn't been tested and it is what you think you could be just feeding mmositers lies.Also do research before you make a guide.Some of these things are wrong.......which you could have researched first, but you didn't.

Quote:
      Example:

Imagine you g ...

I have to say that I dont agree with you.If you ever made a guide for a new game(newer then a year or so),you know that it is impossible to make a 100% correct guide from a first try.To do that you would have to see the game from all perspectives and test all the aspects of the game from different perspectives.In other words you would have to play all chars and lvl them at least to 100+ to understand how game functions and write 90% correct guide.In order to make a 100% correct guide you would have to be Acclaim employee and know how the engine works and formulas for calculating damage,resistance,and so on,and so on...
      Thats why these forums are good.Game players can actually bring out what they know about the game(and somethimes what they think they know) and they can get feedback from the other players on their opinions and thoughts.Bit by bit,first versions of guide improves,you learn new stuff through game and add that new stuff,and eventually,you end up with a 90% correct guide,which is pretty amazing due to given circumstances.Thats also why I always write a version of guide in the end (v1.0) in this example so I can change it every time I make changes to the guide and players will know about it.Beside that,I dont think any user of this forum take any guide for granted,as they know they cant be 100% correct,but such guides are still great guidelines,especially for new players that dont even know what damage or gems are in this game.And I think it is much better to have a 90% correct guide then have none and having users asking what does rhombus do.

As,for my mistakes,I admit I made some,and Im going to correct them,after what this guide will be v1.1 and more accurate then before hehe.Believe it or not,I did test a big part of this guide before I wrote it,but I obviously still missed few things.After all,Im not a robot. ;)

As for 0-100% resistance,that was a huge mistake,I know max cap cant be 100%,I just wasnt thinking about it while writing,so I will edit that right away.Thank you for bringing it up.

Concerning rings,maybe I did jump to conclusions a bit too soon,because I never tested that,only thrusted few people that gave me info on rings while I was low lvl and kinda took it for granted.I will test this further in game now that you told me about it,and until then example will be removed from the guide.Also,this manual isnt about rings,but about gems,rings I only took as an example to explain to people how elements work in 2Moons.I guess I took the wrong example though since I dont have much knowledge about rings atm.Sorry about that. ;)

If anyone else see some gaps or mistakes in the guide let me know,and I will be perfectly happy to fix it.After all,that is why this guide is posted on forum,so you could comment it. ;)

Also,nhf about this post.I didnt mean to offend you,I just see things different about this matter.Im grateful on your reply though cause you helped me improve this guide and I hope there will be more posts like that.Hf! ;)

Signature

2Moons info:
      Nov 23, 2007 1:01 pm
      Oh..wait, you can't socket legendaries :[

Signature

Guild: PUREsynergy
      Name: Douchebagspider
      Server: Trieste; Asray
      Level: 51 ;]

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 23, 2007 1:11 pm
        Maybe we could test the hypothesis and update the guide instead of just calling it lies.
        Any volunteers?

Nov 23, 2007 1:54 pm
        @Asmodeus

Im not sure which part youre talking about.I will test the thing that PKDragon talked about and let you know how it went in guide.If you wanna help youre more then welcome.Its always better when more ppl are testing. ;)
        And if youre talking about something else,let me know what is it,and I will see what I can do. ;)

@ThaDouche

Unless they changed it in recent updates,I dont think you can socket legendaries.
        I wrote already that elemental gems increase your overall attack for certain %.Normal as well as skills attack,it adds to your base dmg.I think the FAQ part might be confusing because I kinda wrote it depends on skills,but it actually depends on the type of dmg you do.I will fix that,thank you for noticing. ;)

@Ninja_of_shade

% physical dmg gems dont really exist,only +x dmg gems(rhombus).Where did you see that in guide?Maybe I misformulated something.

Btw,according to few details mentioned above guide is now updated to v1.2 ;)

I will also add thanks to all the people that help with testing and warning me about errors at the end of guide. ;)

Signature

2Moons info:
        Nov 23, 2007 5:44 pm
        Hmm, I put a +3% gem in my wep but my atk hasn't changed. Does the damage show up in the atk stat?

Nov 24, 2007 12:14 am
        LOL, what lvl are you, it 100% will change maybe u just can feel it, maybe ure like doing 100dmg, so +3% is 3 dmg, 103 maybe?? 100~103 isnt very big difference i would say...lmao..yes it will show up in the stat window.. LOL , v1.2 updated....w00t ahaahha....

Signature

Bombard me with any questions you wanna ask or any guide requests regarding 2moons and i'll see if i can help.
        Only the awkward question; only the foolish ask twice.
        Nov 24, 2007 12:55 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by phonestar
        Hmm, I put a +3% gem in my wep but my atk hasn't changed. Does the damage show up in the atk stat?

No,when you use elemental gems(+x% gems) it wont show up in your stats because it isnt directly added on your stats.It is calculated from your base attack and added to your damage,so you can notice it only if you attack mobs with some other wep,then switch to wep with gem and attack again.Damage varies though so you will have to do it more times to actually feel the difference.

I will add this question into FAQ section of the guide.I also tested rings so will add that part of the guide back as well in a changed form.Guide is now updated to v1.3

Signature

2Moons info:

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 24, 2007 9:58 am
          BLOCKING BIJOU:-increases block rate of your item by 2%.Mostly used by knights,low purpose for other classes and low price.Cant be obtained from drop before lvl90 dungeon.
          Usage type: shields/helmets

GUARD BIJOU:-Same as blocking bijou but increase your guard rate

just wondering, would these stack or add to the sengale buffs?

Nov 24, 2007 12:37 pm
          Afaik,all gems effects add on segnale buffs,so this one should as well.I never tested it though so it would be nice if some AK could confirm.If someone does I will add the question to FAQ section in next update. ;)

Signature

2Moons info:
          Nov 24, 2007 12:44 pm
          ok, tho that wasn't really what i was asking. my fault for not being very clear.

what i was wondering, is this...if they stack with a sengale buff, and said sengale liked to run solo, would it be worth the cost for said sengale to put those in their helm, or do you think something else would be a better choice?

Quick Reply:Ultimate gems guide v1.5

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »